PDA

View Full Version : Should NECA produce Heads/weapon packs?

c SPARTAN117 c
01-20-2009, 07:50 AM
By this I mean like what McFarlane are doing with the Halo 3 figures. Neca could release heads/hlemets in packs that we could then attatch to our Locust armies. This perhaps would get the more obscure Locust helmets on sale such as the Theron Guard helmet with V shape patterns on it, or helmet locust with sniper goggles on as well. As for the weapon packs, then they could obviously contain a variety of weapons with perhaps a pack in of ammo crates or perhaps a small character like a Jack Bot.

M4RCU5
01-20-2009, 10:17 AM
I dunno, I do not have anything like that.

Toki
01-20-2009, 10:28 AM
I'd buy just about anything Neca produces with Gears on it.
I'd like some battle accessories as well. Like, along with the interchangeable head packs, a Locust head that's contorted in pain that includes some sticky "gunshot" damage to put on its body. Or a Locust head that's half-exploded.
I'd also like a Locust head that's on a pike, something that's featured often in the Gears comic. And a mangled Locust / Gear dead body. I think all of that could be achieved very cheaply on NECA's part and they could offer it as some sort of exclusive like Amazon.

gearseffect
01-24-2009, 12:50 AM
I like this idea. My only problem is that they need to lower the price of the Locust on the internet sites. $28 to $79 is just way to much for a Locust the ceapest one is the head shot wich is strange because it comes with alot more stuff. I think this is a great idea other wise.

servbot001
01-24-2009, 01:12 AM
The best idea I think they could possibly have is a 4 pack of locust. Army builders always tend to sell well. Throw in some exclusive shoulder pads and such and you've got a winner.

Toki
01-24-2009, 11:03 AM
I like this idea. My only problem is that they need to lower the price of the Locust on the internet sites. $28 to $79 is just way to much for a Locust the ceapest one is the head shot wich is strange because it comes with alot more stuff. I think this is a great idea other wise.Unfortunately, NECA doesn't set the price. Sites jack up the price because wave 1 is relatively rare.

Imploding Whale
01-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Unfortunately, NECA doesn't set the price. Sites jack up the price because wave 1 is relatively rare.

Yea, and thanks for showing me the CornerStoreComics.com website. Just after I bought the Series one set off that website, the price of series one went from 52$ to 64$ just after I bought the set.

KingoFootball33
01-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Weapons packs for sure...

Head packs ? Are they even removable ?

Toki
01-25-2009, 12:36 AM
Head packs ? Are they even removable ?Some of the Locusts, yes.

lancer
01-25-2009, 03:18 AM
i wouldn't bother with other helmets or weapons, but the jack bot would be cool, it shouldv'e come with marcus

c SPARTAN117 c
01-28-2009, 05:02 AM
I think these things would be very marketable for NECA, specially if they also make the army builder packs as suggested.

goingnutzhere
01-28-2009, 05:04 PM
I read an interview that they will not do a weapons pack because the money/market is not there.

I for one would love to buy a pack of 3 lancers (with blood on it), 2 Longshots, 1 torque, 2 boltok, 1 boomshot pack. Would be nice. I have a little army being built on my desk.

Trying to find a cheap Sniper Drone.

MastaMikeX
01-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Yeah, bring on the Locust box-set! It'd be a rgeat way to get the Series 1 sniper back in the market, plus they can put out some weapons / accessories.

NECA likes to over do weapons in box sets. Did you guys see / buy the Toys R Us box set with all 4 Delta Squad members? It came with 4 lancers, 2 pistols, a Longshot Sniper, a Hammerburst, a Torque Bow and a Hammer of Dawn. I think this Locust Box Set would be a great way to get some of their other accessories out there, like the Boomshield, grenades, Mulcher, etc.

Blankman
01-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Guys, I hate to burst your bubble for the weapon packs, but I've already pressed Randy Falk on this during my interview with him. As far as the heads pack goes, that wouldn't make any sense for Neca because the majority of the offerings are just alterations (mostly headsculpts), but that's the nature of the beast in manufacturing and selling action figures. If they offered a headsculpt pack, why would we need to purchase the carded figure? That would essentially cannibalize their individually carded figures and it would ultimately lead to Neca canceling the line due to lack of revenue. We wouldn't want to see that happen, I know I wouldn't.

That's not to say that fan/collector interest won't change Randy's mind, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If you haven't had the chance to check out the interview, click here: http://www.gearheadsofwar.com/story/2008/9/16/235141/632

Toki
01-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Hey guys I think we got our wish!
http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=155&show_article=562&nl=1

"...a new Gears of War 2 Locust “Hive” Boxed Set. This pack will include four (4) Locust Drones with seven (7) different heads/helmets. An army builders dream come true! More details to come. "
I'm sure it'll include a ton of weapons, too. This is AWESOME news.

Blankman
01-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Hey guys I think we got our wish!
http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=155&show_article=562&nl=1

"...a new Gears of War 2 Locust “Hive” Boxed Set. This pack will include four (4) Locust Drones with seven (7) different heads/helmets. An army builders dream come true! More details to come. "
I'm sure it'll include a ton of weapons, too. This is AWESOME news.

Wow, I stand corrected!!! Good to see that Neca is serving it up to the fans/collectors. Awesome news from Neca & the acquisition of the Dead Space license to boot!:eek:

RAAM_the_destroyer
01-30-2009, 05:13 PM
I personally hope it consists of

-drone
-sniper
-grenadier elite
-grenadier
-cyclops head
-grappler head
-bolter head
-original helmeted head
-sniper helmet head
-troika gunner head
-flame grenadier head
-hammerburst 1
-hammerburst 2
-2x boltok
-gnasher
-longshot
-lancer
-scorcher
-3x grenade
-mortar/mulcher

Lets hope for some wretches/tickers

Cog Edward
01-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Yeah that would be good.

c SPARTAN117 c
02-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Awesome. I can create an army for ?COG to fight, pending that I can actually find and buy this set in the UK.

RAAM_the_destroyer
02-03-2009, 12:26 PM
gamestation will probably get it in but buying onlines your best bet

gearseffect
02-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Now we know already what heads are in the pack but I want these wapons. 4 Hammerburts, 2 Longshots, 1 Gnasher, 2 Boltok, 2 Gorgans, 4 grenades and this is just wishfull thinking but 2 Lancers made for Locust.

MastaMikeX
02-14-2009, 01:49 AM
You gotta throw some rare weapons in there with that list. Boom Shield! Flame Thrower!

Nazono
02-15-2009, 06:23 PM
You gotta throw some rare weapons in there with that list. Boom Shield! Flame Thrower!

Nice, that would be a seller to include in a weapons pack... be cool for my figures to be rockin' a scorcher :D