PDA

View Full Version : HELP! - What should i do?

Headshot55
01-18-2009, 02:06 AM
I've got an XBOX 360 and everyone knows that they srew up alot, and lately i've been getting the message saying "Disc is Unreadable" when i get to the main menu for GoW 2. This has hapened before in previous games but they start working after i reset it or clean the disc. But i've been reseting the console about 4 times when seeing the message and still getting the same thing. I have been able to play Gears for 4 days! :eek:

I only got the game about a week before christmas so it shouldn't be screwing up already, surely? All my other games are working fine and most have a small amount of scratches, including Gears. My brother was experiencing the same thing with NBA 09 and took it back 2 weeks after he got it, getting a new disc from JB-HI-FI.

Should I take it back? And if I do, do you think they'll give me a new one? Or is there a way to fix the game or Xbox? I don't know what to do, and i'm not sure if i take it back to GAME they will give me a new one, simply because my Xbox isn't reading it!!

Advice would be deeply appreciated! :)

Slim09
01-18-2009, 02:09 AM
call microsoft

Monkey Ninj4
01-18-2009, 02:37 AM
Just a warning when cleaning your disc. If you rub a cloth in a circular motion its entirely possible to make the sitation worse. You can create scratches that follow the data tracks which are hard to sort.

Always ALWAYS clean by using a lint free cloth and rub from the center hole to the edge (INB4 dirty jokes).

I recommend you try putting the disc in and using the new system where you can download the game from the disc onto your XBOX hard drive. That way the disc wont become as necessary to play the game (it will have to be in the drive but the data on it won't be needed and hense you will be able to play)

o InF3rN0 o
01-18-2009, 02:38 AM
call support and ask for warranty. If it has happened before, it means your console's DVD-drive is almost broken.

x IVIr On3 HiT
01-18-2009, 02:44 AM
I have had the same problem. Look at the bottom of your disk and look if there is a circular scratch. If it is you may need a new disk. Before you buy a disk rent one and download it to your hard drive. When it is downloaded to your hard drive, it will use the disk for confirmation and it wont play straight of the disk. If you use another disk and it still does work you may need a need CD Drive or maybe a new Xbox. Good luck and I wish for the best to you.

DamageINCoz
01-18-2009, 02:45 AM
call support and ask for warranty. If it has happened before, it means your console's DVD-drive is almost broken.I would take it back to GAME. You can pay them 5 bucks a year I think and they guarantee all the games you buy from them. If it's scratched they'll replace it they are pretty good there at GAME. I only buy my games from them is Brisbane. JB-HIFI are good too.

Headshot55
01-18-2009, 02:59 AM
Thanks for all the replies!

I always clean discs properly so that shouldn't be a problem.

The Xbox is only 4 months old so i doubt it's broken all ready.

Plus all my other games don't have that problem so don't think the CD drive is broken

I think i'll try to take it back tomorow and might download it to my hard drive anyway

Once again thanks for the advice, they are all greatly appreciated!

RICH'N'SALTY
01-18-2009, 03:01 AM
Properly clean ur disks like Monkey Ninj4 said.