PDA

View Full Version : Reaver and/or Bloodmount figures

Shadow Dancer
01-10-2009, 08:52 AM
To help determine interest for these figures, I figured I'd at least start up something here. NECA and Epic seem to be in tune with community interests as far as which figures to make, so this seems like a way to at least get it started.

With the 18"-scale (actually 22"tall) Alien on my shelf, I think the Reaver is within a reasonable size, especially considering that aside its lower jaw and front talons, it's all one piece (with bendy tentacles.)
The Bloodmount is about the size of a normal figure, so it certainly seems within reason as well.

They could be packaged with riders made mostly from existing sculpts of Drones, Grenadiers, Theron or Palace Guards adapted to fit on the saddles.

Gearhead Drew
01-10-2009, 11:34 AM
I'd love to have a reaver. I don't care much for the bloodmount

Big Water
01-10-2009, 04:25 PM
I'd buy 2 of each. I got that 18" Alien too, so I get what you're saying bout the size cause that thing is huge. I was hoping they would make a Brumak like they did with Balrog but they said they had no plans to even try something like that. :(

Imploding Whale
01-10-2009, 04:54 PM
I would so buy a Reaver and a Blood Mount action figure just as long as they're correctly scaled.

servbot001
01-10-2009, 11:30 PM
heh....neca would be wise to listen to this thread....a bloodmount is more manageable...i mean - that gotta save something for gears 3 figures and the reaver would definately be a milestone achievement for the series overall. Ya know? Sorta like a 'we've made it this far!' thing.

Shadow Dancer
01-11-2009, 01:58 AM
That's what the Hydra is for... :p
But, yeah I can see that, but who knows what new monsters they'll roll out in 3, if it happens...

#Dizzy#
01-11-2009, 04:22 PM
i would buy a brumak

Imploding Whale
01-11-2009, 04:44 PM
That's what the Hydra is for... :p
But, yeah I can see that, but who knows what new monsters they'll roll out in 3, if it happens...

A Hydra figure would be ginormous!

i would buy a brumak

So would that!

Toki
01-11-2009, 05:01 PM
I'd buy both. Without a doubt.

Sylizarus
01-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Shut Tender, frickin whiner.

Meanwhile, I would buy both, and a Brumak, and any other thing they can get in there.

Blankman
01-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Although I'd buy both, from the interviews that I've had with Neca's Randy Falk, the only large figure that we will see is the Boomer. The lack of retail space is the cause for this. They have partnered with Amazon.com for the electronic Lancer rifle and the exclusive 'Headshot' Locust figure to reduce the issue of space that vendors have.

Case in point, take their Lord of the Rings' Balrog. That thing was a beast with a 26" wingspan. Retailers balked at carrying it due to its sheer size. Eventhough fans and collectors clamored for it, it took almost a year before Randy and Neca turned that into a reality. Randy lost a couple of years of his life stressing through that, but he did that for the fans and collectors. Ultimately, it's really up to the retailers that either greenlights or kills future offerings. I just don't think the Reaver or Bloodmount is iconic enough to warrant figures/playsets made of them.

The Boomer on the other hand is another story. Mindzeye Studios' Gears of War Boomer statue is selling like hotcakes. Not only is that an awesome piece, but it's what you would expect from a "bad guy" representation. One thing that is reassuring about Neca is that they definitely have their pulse on what fans/collectors want.

RazielPC
01-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah both would be awesome, I'd also love a Brumak

c SPARTAN117 c
01-20-2009, 07:45 AM
I'd like em both, but they'd have to be well painted. My Delta squad is in need of some professional paint apps. Neca seem to mess it up for me.

gearseffect
01-21-2009, 11:40 PM
I Would buy the Rever, Burmak, 2 Bloodmounts, Hydra, plus 2 Boomers, 2 Grinders, Muoler, Kantus. PLEASE PUT THE KANTUS IN SERIES 4. Skorge, would kick ass too. As for COG I want LT. Kim, Dizzy, Tai, Corl. Victor Hoffman. Hoffman is Awsome. I've seen Flame Grenider & Beast Rider heads. As well as Boomshilds, Gorgan Pistols, Molchers, Boomshots all on the iternet. I Hope NECA goes though with all These Idea's. They have the Grenider Elite all ready as well as a Lambent Grenider. Altough I am not sure with the way there hands are how They will hold Weapons such as Gnasher, Scorcher, Boltok, Hammerbust. As These are the Weapons They carry. I would also Like a Locust with the Gunner Head. As well as a Locust that has The Helmet From Gears 2 The one with the solder pads and can be seen carring a Boltok Pistol. Gearspedia has him listed as a Bolter. I would also Like the Theron Guard Helmet with the arrow thing on it and teh Theron Guard Helmet that Is the frist Theron You see in Gears 1 in teh Imolsoin Mines. I also would Like to see Marcus not appear in every wave. Or else not make as many of him and spend the money to make him on Producing More Locust So they are not in such sort supply I have had truble trying to find a Locust Sniper and Drone that I can afford. I think I will end up getting another Headshot Locust since that is cheaper. I would also like a Beserker

gearseffect
01-22-2009, 01:05 AM
I also would Like THE BESERKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pvt-Baird
01-22-2009, 02:03 AM
I also would Like THE BESERKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate the brezerker.I just wanna blow off it's head.:mad:

gearseffect
01-24-2009, 12:47 AM
I hate the brezerker.I just wanna blow off it's head.:mad:
That's What makes the Beserker cool it makes you hate it SOooo bad. That is why I think it is awsome. I was disapointed you didn't get to fight at least 1 Beserker in Gears 2. I think it would be cool to like get to use the Scorcher on the Beserker because on the gears site on the Beserker page it says can be weakend by extrem Heat. So I was thinkin that in Gears 2 you would get to kill one with the Scorcher.

The Locuster
02-21-2009, 12:28 PM
I would like to have a Reaver. It's flying, bug-like monster. I would definitely get it if NECA made one.

Wade2193
02-21-2009, 04:27 PM
I would probably buy both but I would prefer a Reaver, just think it would look better and the Bloodmount would be a harder figure to make.

gearseffect
03-01-2009, 12:47 AM
I prefer the Bloodmount.