PDA

View Full Version : How do you think the Locust were born?

Tasty Cupcake14
12-14-2008, 07:14 PM
What do you think?

OrtanaIV
12-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Humans + Imulsion = Locust.

Rust Lung = Side effects of being exposed to imulsion but not fully transforming.

Sires= Baby locust.

Lambent= Total Badasses.

My two cents. ;)

Vandral
12-14-2008, 07:24 PM
I think the Sires are more a failed experiment of the humans'... Either trying to alter locust or combine locust+human to make a superior fighter, and from the looks of how pathetic the Sires are in-game, dunno if it's just glitchy AI (it's gears 2, either one is likely), that justifies my "failed" comment lol

DiegoXP
12-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Nah,
Locust = Primitive Sera occupants.

Sires = Some weird-bad-pedofile(becuase as far as I know a Sire is a human who has like 10 - 16 years old)-monster-creppy-useless-failed humanity experiment.

Lambent= Locust who drowned on imulsion.

obscene
12-14-2008, 07:29 PM
is there gonna be a lambent corpser then? from the gears 1 one?

OrtanaIV
12-14-2008, 07:30 PM
I think the Sires are more a failed experiment of the humans'... Either trying to alter locust or combine locust+human to make a superior fighter, and from the looks of how pathetic the Sires are in-game, dunno if it's just glitchy AI (it's gears 2, either one is likely), that justifies my "failed" comment lol

Kind of what I meant. Failed human experiments that were kept secret. The sires are baby locust, and eventually turn into the grubs you snipe everyday. Adam Fenix is trying to keep it on the down low though so shhh...

ThaRelapse
12-14-2008, 07:33 PM
They weren't, it's a video game.

.Zombie.
12-14-2008, 07:34 PM
the fact that we still don't know after 2 full installments of the game shows you how pathetic Epic is at story telling. Maybe by gears 5 we'll know.

I loved how everytime the locust queen or someone important would tell Marcus his dad was involved somehow he would just say something like "uh huh" or "Is that so"

a more realistic reaction would have been...WTF how do did you know my father you locust *****!" or something to that effect.

DarrylMR
12-14-2008, 07:35 PM
Marcus Father + Locus Queen. Bow chika wa wa.

Reptilious
12-14-2008, 07:39 PM
The sires are failed genetic trans-mutations of a wretch and a drone, look at their heads and bodies and you'll see the similarities

XaiXo
12-14-2008, 07:41 PM
I think the Locust were imulsion-sickness victims. The symptoms of rustlung seem to be leading towards "Locustification".

Coughing up blood and mucus (all standard Locust have ruined vocal cords), paranoia and dementia (the Locust aren't known for their reasonable and sane personae), pale skin, etc. It's possible that during the Pendulum wars, Rustlung cases became widespread, or something of that nature. The Sires could be an attempt at creating a vaccine against Rustlung, a human creation (fueling the whole "Locust were made by humans" theory), or any number of things.

As for the Lambent, I'm not sure. I'd assume they're either Locust who have been exposed to Imulsion for far too long, or too much (the Brumak, the Wretches, etc.), or perhaps the Imulsion has some kind of sentience (as seen by the "living" Imulsion after the lift scene).

Another aspect that fuels the Rustlung theory is what happened to Tai. The Lambent are obviously pressuring the Locust, meaning that they need more soldiers. Tai looks remarkably like a Grenadier when you find him-Topless, covered in scars (a sensible way to create their tough hide), and so forth. That, and he's handy with a shotgun...

If you listen to the pods/caskets that the Locust put people in, some of them have very heavy, guttural breathing coming from them. It's not too big a leap to assume that they are quickly creating more Locust through Rustlung exposure and torture.

However, my theory wouldn't explain the other inhabitants too well, with the exception of Brumaks, which we know are bred from native apes.

DiegoXP
12-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Marcus Father + Locus Queen. Bow chika wa wa.

And that my friend, is a Win.

/thread

C Murder 20
12-14-2008, 07:42 PM
marcus + locust queen = Baird

CNM91
12-14-2008, 07:49 PM
They came from Cereal Boxes and the kids of Sera wished they came to IRL to murder them and to destroy their habitats.

DiegoXP
12-14-2008, 07:52 PM
They came from Cereal Boxes and the kids of Sera wished they came to IRL to murder them and to destroy their habitats.

Grains of War? Dx

CNM91
12-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Grains of War? Dx

WIN!!! Yes Correct (bing bing bing!!!)

YOU WIN!

:D

aucaleb2
12-14-2008, 08:30 PM
locust queen + ron jeremy + sh*t sandwhich = gears 2

Carpathian
12-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Grains of War? Dx

Its Gears Crunch. gears 1 said so. so there :p

I think gears is going to piss us off (more) by foing the cliche and making them human made who want revenge or something.