PDA

View Full Version : Patching issues.

brinestusdnomad
11-21-2008, 05:30 AM
[B]Recently re-installed gears of war a few days ago (first one, for PC) and I'm having trouble applying a new patch.
I opened up gears of war, it'll close for the patch (nothing out of the ordinary at that point) and then itll open the command prompt window and itll be blank.
I tried leaving it like this for several minutes, no response.
No boxes were popping up asking me to approve this action from my AVAST! Firewall or spybot s&d (They have before, and I've approved them, but nothing this time.. which I think is a problem. -NOTHING- is coming up. on command prompt about the progress of my patch or from any of my software..)
I have Microsoft Windows XP Home edition SP3 system builder's edition.
Please note, that I've played gears of war before successfully (a few months after it came out for the PC) and the only issues i've had with it was patching issues and video issues (Video issues where a long horizontal line, like a wave of pixels or something, will run down my screen every now and then during the cinematics and gameplay.. I was told that was VSYNC but turned that off. not a major issue, just an inconvenience.. also, patching, I read up on rag3d forums or something, that I needed to delete asusupdater to get the patching to work. This was all a few mo's after it first came out. Anyway, I deleted asusupdater then, it worked, played the game online and single player successfully, and then took it off. I reinstalled it a few days ago, tried playing it, patching messed up or something, and I have no knowledge of this matter.. I'd also like to say asusupdater IS indeed taken off of my PC at this time, but it still will not patch it..)
I'm looking for someone who can, and will, help me with this matter.
Thank you for your patience and help.
Love, Brinestusdnomad.

If you need any other info just ask please. Ty.

remysola
11-21-2008, 05:38 PM
I recommend you visit forums.gamesforwindows.com the community has more users that here.

However Games for windows is nowdays making some mayor changes so the Live service in (both windows and xbox has some issues)

I recommend you download first and install the latest GFW update from here
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=128962

And after try to update Gears PC

brinestusdnomad
11-23-2008, 01:57 PM
I recommend you visit forums.gamesforwindows.com the community has more users that here.

However Games for windows is nowdays making some mayor changes so the Live service in (both windows and xbox has some issues)

I recommend you download first and install the latest GFW update from here
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=128962

And after try to update Gears PC

thx. Im gunna try this.

brinestusdnomad
11-23-2008, 01:58 PM
K, I downloaded the redist and I went into the setup. only options I see are (The first two are greyed out and cannot be clicked): change, repair, and remove.
Remove is the only option available it seems.. goin to try re-installing it.

brinestusdnomad
11-23-2008, 02:02 PM
K, I downloaded the redist and I went into the setup. only options I see are (The first two are greyed out and cannot be clicked): change, repair, and remove.
Remove is the only option available it seems.. goin to try re-installing it.

pandafan121
11-23-2008, 02:03 PM
gears of war 2 ftw

brinestusdnomad
11-23-2008, 02:06 PM
yea I want to play gow2, and most likely will, but Im just a hardcore pc gamer, and GOW is a classic.

brinestusdnomad
11-23-2008, 02:08 PM
K i got an error, gunna try re-installin the game itself.
Will post result of re-installing it (Whether patching it worked or not) within 24 hours.