PDA

View Full Version : Gears1 vs Gears2

wiliiammorrison08@
11-12-2008, 07:43 PM
well after the big launch on Nov 7th I was looking foward to this big time
Took a week off work just for gears 2 well I am disapointed with the multiplayer but the game itself is great the multiplayer is slower shotgun is hopeless cant stop being killed with chainsaw unless you go into duel mode and that is just a few this game just did not cut it for me and all my friends on xbox we went back today and played gears 1 what a rush fast in your face action and a shotgun that dose the damage that trusty old shotgun that everyone held onto no matter what for those close encounters with other players dont get me wrong gears 2 has some very nice touches but that halo interface has to go it is one pain in the ass I think microsoft had a little to much input in this area EPIC you could have had us all sawn up for another 2 years but sorry to say I give it 3 months and we will all be back playing the number one game on the xbox yes GEARS OF WAR 1

sorry guys but plz patch the speed of the game and the shotgun on multiplayer plz plz plz

chplusink
11-13-2008, 05:13 AM
well after the big launch on Nov 7th I was looking foward to this big time
Took a week off work just for gears 2 well I am disapointed with the multiplayer but the game itself is great the multiplayer is slower shotgun is hopeless cant stop being killed with chainsaw unless you go into duel mode and that is just a few this game just did not cut it for me and all my friends on xbox we went back today and played gears 1 what a rush fast in your face action and a shotgun that dose the damage that trusty old shotgun that everyone held onto no matter what for those close encounters with other players dont get me wrong gears 2 has some very nice touches but that halo interface has to go it is one pain in the ass I think microsoft had a little to much input in this area EPIC you could have had us all sawn up for another 2 years but sorry to say I give it 3 months and we will all be back playing the number one game on the xbox yes GEARS OF WAR 1

sorry guys but plz patch the speed of the game and the shotgun on multiplayer plz plz plz

Wow, you need to slow down. Add some periods and think about what you're saying. A "shotgun that everyone held onto no matter what." That sentence fragment screams one thing to me...unbalanced. If a game has a single weapon that everyone uses all the time, it ends up being really monotonous. If you like strifing and shotgunning over and over, go play Gears 1. However, I along with many others will be enjoying the greater variety and strategy of its sequel.

On a side note: Sure, we're in a video game forum, so our grammar doesn't have to be perfect, but writing with no sentence structure whatsoever and ignoring periods entirely is taking it a bit too far.

Sleep
11-13-2008, 05:58 PM
There is ZERO strategy involved in running 10-20 feet with a chainsaw and chainsawing someone. At least they woke up with the active-sniper.

lohnesjc
11-13-2008, 06:18 PM
You got to understand that blind fire has no stopping power or any damage to it. IF someone runs up to you with chainsaw and you trying to blind fire. All you have done was wasted a good shot that could have saved your life. Since the fire rate is a lot slower, that they are going to kill you. If you took sec to aim you could have killed them instead.

DAMAGE
11-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Man i couldn't agree more its way too slow made for slow players i hope its just the servers and not the game..

Devils Testament
11-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Man you are ignorent. Get used to the shotgun is not going anywhere is perfect the way it is. The problem is that you guy's aren't used to it and the ones from Gears 1 just want a super shotty like the first game this one is better. Stop trying to change things learn to adapt and stop complaining. I personally think that it's great with the exception of a few of my friends that are just mad because i'm better then them now. Ha! Ha!.

prayingmonkey
11-15-2008, 10:57 PM
You got to understand that blind fire has no stopping power or any damage to it. IF someone runs up to you with chainsaw and you trying to blind fire. All you have done was wasted a good shot that could have saved your life. Since the fire rate is a lot slower, that they are going to kill you. If you took sec to aim you could have killed them instead.
Well why doesnt the same ammo have no stopping power effect when blind fired? Whether I choose to aim or not should make no difference to stopping power if shots connect.

And the hip fire accuracy needs to be addressed as having to compensate on the Y-axis (up/down) when popping in & out of LT/blind is a joke & ruins fluid game play.
Epic need to get the aimed fire & blind fire dialled into each other
Whether it was down to poor judgement or just a last minute oversight blind fire needs going over or players will drop this & move on which I'm sure Epic dont want.
What makes a good game is game play + good controls graphics should come last.

PS we all know blind firing is supposed to less accurate (bigger spread) but not hitting the freaking ground