PDA

View Full Version : New To Gears: Help me out guys!

XanderVanHousen
11-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey I just randomly decided to pre-order Gears 2 and I'm pickin it up at midnight tomorrow, I've only played the first game a little bit and I've got some questions for you guys.

1.) What's the deal with gold guns (both of them) if I've pre-ordered the $60 version (assuming there's more than one) and also what's up with the DLC maps.

2.) What's the learning curve in multiplayer? I've heard that there are some pretty good kids online and there's some glitches (such as being host) that players can take advantage of. I'm a veteran video game player so keep that mind.

3.) Anything else I should be aware of besides this game being the sh**?

jjag20
11-05-2008, 07:47 PM
free origanal map code with purchase of limited edition or regular edition
golden lancer=limited edition exclusive
golden hammerburst =midnight launch
and online should be easy for you to learn but play campaign first and try and get the hang of things welcome to the forums . hope you have fun :)

Prod1gyXFXA
11-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Hey I just randomly decided to pre-order Gears 2 and I'm pickin it up at midnight tomorrow, I've only played the first game a little bit and I've got some questions for you guys.

1.) What's the deal with gold guns (both of them) if I've pre-ordered the $60 version (assuming there's more than one) and also what's up with the DLC maps.

2.) What's the learning curve in multiplayer? I've heard that there are some pretty good kids online and there's some glitches (such as being host) that players can take advantage of. I'm a veteran video game player so keep that mind.

ok so you get the LE of gears 2 you will be getting a Golden Lancer, if you attend a Midnight Madness event for gears 2 you will get a Golden Hammerburst Code, For Either Buying Reg or the LE Edition of gears2.
the flashback map pack will come with any "Brand New Copy" of gears2.
Either Reg or LE
USE COVER thats all you need to know about Multiplayer.

WhoKilledDom?
The deal with the gold guns are that if you preorder the 60$ limited edition you get the golden lancer *their trademark weapon in gears of war 2* you go to the midnight release at your local blockbuster or gamestop you get the golden hammerburst and the learning curve for multiplayer not sure what your asking but you can learn very quickly strategicly wise and the host has almost depleted from the first gears of war and there are a few glitches known but none too harmful to the multiplayer experience and as for this game being the sh** theres no better words you could possibly describe it with

Bri Bear
NEvermind!

Shadow47
11-05-2008, 07:51 PM
1.) if you preordered the $60 version you will not get the golden lancer that is only for limited edition buyers, but if your going to the midnight launch you will get the golden hammerburt. Everyone who buys a new copy of gears of war 2 will get the flashback map pack. There just codes that you enter into the market place to receive them.

2.) Yes there are some glitches still but none of them will really give you any advantage because there is stopping power. (look it up on youtube) This will help stop the glitchers like crab walkers. The host advantage is 30% better than gears 1 but its still there but barely noticable most of the time.

3.) It's more badass?

XanderVanHousen
11-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Awesome, that was quick. The guy at my GameStop said if I got there early enough I could get LE so I'm pretty much gonna be there 30 minutes before it starts haha.

0MG ITS POPTART
11-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Get ther 4 hours before

thetorsoboy
11-05-2008, 07:54 PM

You get the gold Lancer (The assault rifle) for getting the $70 Legendary Edition. The Hammerburst (Burst rifle) is gotten at midnight, at the even you're going to. So, you'll be getting just the Hammerburst.

The DLC maps come free in every new copy, both versions.

Most of the glitches are gone, and since we have matchmaking now, the host problem is gone! (Yay!) It's a harder game than most, because of cover and stuff, but you'll get the hang of it in no time. Use cover!

There's **** in every game, not just Gears. Learn to roll and everything, and don't just stand there while fighting someone, use cover, and teammates.

My answers are bolded.

XanderVanHousen
11-05-2008, 09:52 PM
So legendary edition is $70?? Eh, I guess it doesn't make a difference what color my gun is, but it would be cool anyways...

thetorsoboy
11-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Yeah. You also get a special CD with bonus content and a concept art book, too, mind you. Everyone just focuses on the Gold Lancer in the LE, but the extra $10 is because of the CD and book. And the tin case.

monkeyrfc1690
11-05-2008, 10:00 PM
1)gold plated lancer available with limited edition
goldplated hammerburst available at midnight madness

2)for me multiplayer is easy and addictive to play but difficult to master however since its gears 2 there are new tactics so it may be an even playing field for some, host advantage was a huge problem in gears 1 however its supposed to be fixed in gears 2 as for glitches as with all games there have been glitches found however im sure epic will do all they can to fix them.

3)Just stick in and have fun. ;)

Unforgiven2323
11-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Finally, a respectable question post. I'm tired of these newblets making stupid threads with one idiotic question in them...

I think you have your answers, so no need for me to post them.

XanderVanHousen
11-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Oh yeah. I know what I'm doin. I AINT NO NUBLET.

ManWithNoThumbz
11-05-2008, 10:16 PM

The learning curve for multiplayer is actually pretty steep when compared to a game like Halo or CoD. At least, that's what I hear from most people.

XanderVanHousen
11-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Yeah that's why I asked but I'm pretty confident. I've wasted enough valuable time playing shooters.

joebobman
11-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Get ther 4 hours before

Yes! My friends and I are going to get there around 8:30. It's going to be awesome!