PDA

View Full Version : Reset my CHECKPOINTS ON STORY?!?!?!?

Jacki Boi
11-01-2008, 11:38 PM
i stopped playin gow for a couple of weeks ad i was playing a new game. I went back on gears a thought id complete the story on insane as i had been playing online a lot. When i went to start it it said i didnt have no checkpoints on insane AND! i have to find all the cog tags again!! Why is this?

thanks for any help i get.

buddygz
11-02-2008, 03:36 AM
there is a timer on the disc and if you dont play it for 2 weeks it erases
if you dont play it for 2 months it explodes.
goodluck

Azarift
11-03-2008, 09:38 PM
I just had the same problem. I was just playing last night, got to act 4, scene three of insane, with 29 CoG tags, then quit for the night, started it back up today..and my save progress is gone. All of my CoG tags, I can't even select to start a new insane game, much less to continue from where I left off, it only lets me select Casual and Hardcore.

The odd part..I was playing split screen with my father, I was player one, he was player two, yet he somehow still has his CoG tags plus Insane mode.

Any ideas what happened there or how I can fix it? I just want my achievements! And having to rebeat the game twice more is just too time consuming, with so many other good games out..plus this was already my third run through.

AzzyDude24601
11-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Same problem... I'm playing with an account that isnt LIVE enabled (I dont wanna play online) and every time I turn off my computer and then turn it back on again...the saves and checkpoints disappear... This seems to be happening to alot of people. Will microsoft not do anything about it???

max255
11-07-2008, 02:53 AM
It's a problem with Live. If you want your save games to retain on HDD after suthdown, when playing Gears, disconnect from Net. I've tried firewalling it but it didn't work. The safest way is this, disconect, play. When u'r done, connect again. Just don't enter the game while on the net and you'll be fine