PDA

View Full Version : Another problem with Wargame-G4WLive.exe

Wersichsorgt
10-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Okay, so my gf bought me the game a few days ago, in case any of you care. I install it. The problem I am having is when i try to run the game i get the splash banner, then when the window changes to try and run the game I get the error message saying GoW stopped working because of the Wargame-G4WLive.exe application crashed. I can't Alt+Tab back into the game because it never starts in the first place.

Please don't ask me for my system specs. They are up to par and more than capable of running GoW. My machine runs Vista. The C: and D: drives are the same physical disk, but are partitioned. I don't have enough room on the C: (29.2 G) so i installed to the D: (408 G). I can allocate disk space and expand and shrink the D: as much as i want, but it won't let me touch the size of my C:, probably because that's what the operating system is on and it doesn't want to mess it up. Either way, that's the only thing I don't have enough knowledge about to know whether it's causing the problem.

Here's everything I've tried:
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times. With Avast turned on and off, as well as the firewall turned on and off, and any combination thereof.
I've installed it and unchecked and checked every combination of boxes under "More Options" when you choose the directory.
I've opened the game off the DVD, the folder it installed to (both the startup application and the Wargame-G4WLive.exe), the start menu through "Games" on the right side and "Games Explorer" under the programs, ran it as an administrator too.
I've downloaded the most recent updates for G4WLive AND GoW. No mean feat with 12 kbps dialup.
I've gone to the registry editor and changed the pagedpoolsize from 0 to FFFFFF, as well as capitalizing the "B" in "Binaries" for the file path to GoW.
I've wasted my time with Microsoft.
I've hid in the corner and cried.

The only thing I HAVEN'T done is bring the damn thing back and use the money to buy something nice for my gf and talk about how much i love the game she bought me :D.

Any of you guys have any ideas?

Wersichsorgt
10-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Um, wow. Didn't see the rather conspicuous thread "getting gears pc to work". I'm going to try that, let you guys know if it works for me. If it does, hopefully I can delete this thread and not look like as much of an idiot...

eggmaster97
02-05-2009, 02:38 PM
i get that error when i ask the game to start up

kaizerkaos
02-16-2009, 08:49 AM
I have the same problem, I start up GoW and about 10 seconds later i get the wargame-g4wlive.exe start up error. I am running windows vista 64 bit, ati radeon graphics, 4gb ram, anyway, I tried reinstalling the game, same problem, I updated xbox live for windows, same problem. Here is what works for me: I just change the date from 2009 to 2008 and presto! works fine with no errors.:D This is a bit tedious to do but it works, let me know if it works for you guys. Good luck! all the best!