PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Hoffman?!?

Wisdom Thumbs
10-12-2008, 10:22 PM
We haven't seen or heard ANYTHING about Hoffman since the end of Gears. Not even a passing reference, not even a bit of dialogue in the background, NOTHING. So what happened to him? Did he die? WILL he die?

This is rather mysterious. One of the power players in the Gears universe is MIA... and nobody is noticing! GASP!

Baseless speculation plz.

Fuzzballs
10-12-2008, 10:23 PM
he is alive right now but i predict his death in the near future:D

Auzzie Legend
10-12-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm fairly sure I saw him in the background of one of those documentary videos.

Logik
10-12-2008, 10:51 PM
Hoffman is the best.

Epic, I hope you know the consequences if you kill this valiant soldier!

<3 Hoffman <3

LocustQueen
10-12-2008, 11:49 PM
He's there, he's just not getting any spotlight.

zachary6996
10-13-2008, 12:04 AM
he will be in a vid on last day, if you go to the last locked tab, you will see a flag, a bunch of derrecks and heli's, he will be saying a speech to the gears, but i have a feeling its the last thing epic's going to unlock for us, so it might be quite a wait

WatchTheHorde
10-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Like Hoffman played a major role in the first one...He was mainly a voice through the radio. He's not a sargeant, he's no infantry, Hoffman is a friggin Colonel!

My cousins friend got the game early...(not real friend xbox live friend) and he relayed everything to me from the campaign, and it turns out Hoffman betrays delta squad.

JUST KIDDING!!!

I don't even have a cousin...lol.

Vsauce
10-13-2008, 12:31 AM
He isnt dead that is for sure.

Fuzzballs
10-13-2008, 12:56 AM
He isnt dead that is for sure.

but he will die soon:D

Motnur
10-13-2008, 01:29 AM
Could be that he just doesn't care enough about Delta Squad to be active in the story line. I suspect the only reason Prescott's there is because Marcus makes a pretty good poster boy for the COG. Good PR to be by him often.

Snagprophet
10-13-2008, 04:18 AM
but he will die soon:d

spoiler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!************************ ************************************************** *****************************************

WatchTheHorde
10-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Don't worry thats no spoiler...

He's friggin old.

If you didn't figure he was going to have a heart attack by gears 2 then thats your fault...

sQ G T3rr0R
10-13-2008, 08:25 AM
Maybe Hoffman has more stuff to do then hanging around with Delta Squad.

Khasim
10-13-2008, 08:49 AM
I want Hoffman to die and Marcus to take his place as the Colonel.

Marth
10-13-2008, 09:14 AM
I don't even have a cousin...

That is sad. :o

I've seen some MP videos of Hoffman, but it's no surprise that they haven't shown him in SP videos, because EPIC are focusing more on Prescott.

-Marth

Psychophrene
10-13-2008, 09:23 AM
the mighty hoff will be in gears 2, the ass kicking OAP cant not return.

Snagprophet
10-13-2008, 10:11 AM
the mighty hoff will be in gears 2, the ass kicking OAP cant not return.

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr166/Snagprophet/hoffman.jpg

smurf plastic
10-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah I think thathe will be mostly a voice on the ear piece. He might help out by sending troops and whatnot, but I doubt he will be in game action. I wouldn't put it past Epic to kill him.

SKORGE
10-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Hears my theory:

Hoffman dies/// or is discharged for not getting the job done on the lightmass bomb, so presscott take lead.

Motnur
10-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Hears my theory:

Hoffman dies/// or is discharged for not getting the job done on the lightmass bomb, so presscott take lead.

Prescott has always been the man in charge. Hoffman is his second in command, right hand man, BFF, etc.

xXxGeArSxFrEaKxXx
10-13-2008, 12:59 PM
I think Hoffmann is going to be alot more respected by gamers in Gears 2. Now he won't be all mad at Marcus, and he will probably be nicer!

SKORGE
10-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Prescott has always been the man in charge. Hoffman is his second in command, right hand man, BFF, etc.

No I ment that he'll try to get the job done HIMSELF! Because he sort of blames others for not getting it DONE!

Motnur
10-13-2008, 01:20 PM
No I ment that he'll try to get the job done HIMSELF! Because he sort of blames others for not getting it DONE!

Still, being the man in charge, Prescott isn't going to just up and decide to pick up a gun and take care of business. It's like if George Bush, Vladimir Putin, Gordon Brown, Felipe Calderon, or any other world leader just picking up a gun and fighting in a war.

They don't have to, so they wont. Would you if you controlled thousands of men who were actually trained to do that job?

SKORGE
10-13-2008, 01:29 PM
No,no,no what I ment was Prescott taking full controle, witch means he will have a bigger role in the story, and shows up more then Hoffman, because now he seems like he HIMSELF wants to address the COG, he HIMSELF wants to give orders right to there faces!

And besides I think EPIC has something cooked up for hoffman.......like dying.

ShadowHunter
10-13-2008, 02:26 PM
We haven't seen or heard ANYTHING about Hoffman since the end of Gears. Not even a passing reference, not even a bit of dialogue in the background, NOTHING. So what happened to him? Did he die? WILL he die?

This is rather mysterious. One of the power players in the Gears universe is MIA... and nobody is noticing! GASP!

Baseless speculation plz.

He got booted out of the game. xD

Marth
10-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Hoffman is his BFF.

I LOL'd.

-Marth

SKORGE
10-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Ha yeah me too!

UKS_BulletPoint
10-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Gears of War 2 trailers so far have focused on something some of the newer features, characters, enemies and weapons. They don't show Hoffman in the trailers as there's not much to show of him.

Motnur
10-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Hoffman is his BFF.

I LOL'd.

-Marth

Oh, you know they get together and paint their nails, give facials, and braid each other's chest hair. Since neither of them have enough hair on their heads.

And I think I just made myself sick.

As for Prescott, maybe he was busy supporting some other unit the first game. Or maybe, just maybe, he was doing his job.

Marth
10-13-2008, 03:00 PM
and braid eachother's chest hair.

XD

You blow my mind.

-Marth

SKORGE
10-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Oh, you know they get together and paint their nails, give facials, and braid each other's chest hair. Since neither of them have enough hair on their heads.

I curse you for putting that in my head!