PDA

View Full Version : Question about the book

Shadow47
10-08-2008, 05:43 PM
well i've been looking for information on this upcoming gears of war book but somehow i keep finding two different books. One is called "Gears of War The Pendulum Wars" which has Steven L. Kent as the author and it says it has 352 pages and will be released on August 26, 2008.

The other one is called "Gears of War Aspho Fields" and it has Karen Traviss as the author. This one also has 352 pages and is going to be released on October 28, 2008. They both say "the official prequel to the award winning video game."

Ok this is where i'm confused. Is the first book the same as the second one but they decided to change the name or was the first book never published or are they both two different books and the first one is out right now? This is what i want to know. Any info will be appreciated.:)

Shadow47
10-08-2008, 07:19 PM
does nobody know the answer to my question??? :confused:

KILLTHEIF
10-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Well the first one was canceled I know that (If i remember correctly it is because of author). So the second one I assume will be the same but I cant say because I don't know the whole Gears story line but I assume the Battle of Aspho Fields is in the Pendulum Wars...

Prod1gyXFXA
10-08-2008, 08:43 PM
well i've been looking for information on this upcoming gears of war book but somehow i keep finding two different books. One is called "Gears of War The Pendulum Wars" which has Steven L. Kent as the author and it says it has 352 pages and will be released on August 26, 2008.

The other one is called "Gears of War Aspho Fields" and it has Karen Traviss as the author. This one also has 352 pages and is going to be released on October 28, 2008. They both say "the official prequel to the award winning video game."

Ok this is where i'm confused. Is the first book the same as the second one but they decided to change the name or was the first book never published or are they both two different books and the first one is out right now? This is what i want to know. Any info will be appreciated.:)

the second book is the real one..
you can order it off of

www.barnesandnoble.com
just search "Gears of War" and it will come up..
for 10$ or something like that..
i think Pendulum wars was the first name but changed to aspho fields..

SKORGE
10-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Yeah I heard about both, but was not awear of the fact, that the first one was cancled. Oh well can't wait for the other one thought!