PDA

View Full Version : No More New Weapons?

bringTheStorm
09-05-2008, 10:58 PM
As the achievement list has been shown, is it safe to say there are probably no more weapons that will be added? Or is this an early call....

If there are no more, its a shame- the new ones are great, but I was hoping for a unique weapon like the torque bow, to really set it apart.

Tacky101
09-05-2008, 11:04 PM
theres the flame througher

bringTheStorm
09-05-2008, 11:05 PM
well i know that- i mean, no more unnannounced ones.

Marth
09-05-2008, 11:17 PM
This is my main fear. Five new weapons is not enough. I think the Gorgon is pretty damn useless and shouldn't have even made it to the game. Did we really need a third pistol?

-Marth

C A 12 M 1 N E
09-05-2008, 11:29 PM
This is my main fear. Five new weapons is not enough. I think the Gorgon is pretty damn useless and shouldn't have even made it to the game. Did we really need a third pistol?

-Marth

I agree, the number of new weapons available is very low. If the 5 weapons is all that Epic created then I will be kind of disappointed.:(

Zieu
09-05-2008, 11:43 PM
I think it's the changes to the old weapons that'll really change the game up. More emphasis on middle-range Lancer fights instead of running up for shotty battles would probably be enough to change Gears 1. Add in the executions, various other weapon tweaks, more players and gametypes and you have yourself a product that sells itself.

Wait until the Nov 7 weekend rolls around, we'll see how many people think Gears 2 was is a waste of money. :D

Crowmolf
09-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Haha another "pre-game worries" thread. I guess we need to wait to see. Five may not be alot of new weapons but as stated...tweaks in other areas can change it enough.

Haywire x
09-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Epic please do pay attention to this, the game could def. benefit with at least one more unique weapon.

alphabetmoose
09-06-2008, 12:02 AM

-Marth

Well, they could just make 20 useless weapons, rather than 5 useful ones. The Gorgon is actually VERY powerful. And Cliff said it works great with the Meat Shield and Metal Shield. Actually I can't really think of another weapon the game REALLY needs. Maybe a Flash Bang or something, but the smoke already obscures your vision.

Maybe they could add some kind of Crazy boomerang weapon and if aimed perfectly it could slice an enemies head right off or something, and boomers could use them. Get it, BOOMER-ang, haha corny joke, but I think that would be kinda cool.

Chainsaw Guardian
09-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Well, they could just make 20 useless weapons, rather than 5 useful ones. The Gorgon is actually VERY powerful. And Cliff said it works great with the Meat Shield and Metal Shield. Actually I can't really think of another weapon the game REALLY needs. Maybe a Flash Bang or something, but the smoke already obscures your vision.

Maybe they could add some kind of Crazy boomerang weapon that boomers use. Get it, BOOMER-ang. Haha Corny joke, but if aimed perfectly it could slice an enemies head right off or something. I think that would be kinda cool. lol
Like that thing from Dark Sector.

I can't think of anything they could add..

Haywire x
09-06-2008, 12:14 AM
i'm thinking something more along the lines of a smaller smg, like the needler or spiker from H3, obviously not the same exact thing, but maybe somewhat similar would be pretty cool.

Nowellsy
09-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Couple more would'nt hurt

SIRsmackzALOT
09-06-2008, 12:17 AM
o more new weaps but maybe in gears three they can make weapons that dont look so cool every game needs a gay weapon that you can pick on ya know?