PDA

View Full Version : Hey how to make custom player input work

Cody Lavery
09-04-2008, 07:08 PM
i messed around with this a while ago...

i initially made a custom playercontroller that had an exec function that was called by my own custom binding in my custom player input class.

i used the 'R' button (keyboard) and it worked fine... it turns out it worked fine cause R isnt normally used so it didnt need to overwrite anything.

i recently used the same method to try to overwrite buttons 'F' and 'C'.... no matter what i do they just keep feigning and crouching. when i look at my custom config.ini it shows all the bindings not the ones in my player input class.

how do you remove all previous bindings and make a player input class truly custom?!
wtf!

280Z28
09-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Have you tried removing the F and C bindings from UTInput.ini?

Cody Lavery
09-04-2008, 07:20 PM
but im using my own ini file.

in my ini file (UTTW_System.ini) in the input section i have manually deleted the bindings there, pasted in my desired bindings and it doesnt do anything the first time, and then the second time i play its back to the default bindings. its saving out the input everytime i play.

Kyben
09-04-2008, 10:11 PM
UTTW_System???
Well before 1.3, I put the function I wanted as the F key under 'exec function FeignDeath' as a little hack. :P

If you have a TC set up, the only way I know is doing what Alex D told me. http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=621092

Worked for me after I deleted FeignDeath from the UTGame.ini.