PDA

View Full Version : Weapons cycling?

KiNGer
09-01-2008, 10:27 AM
A long time ago when GoW2 was just being announced I watched an interview with Cliff in it. He mentioned something about the weapons on the maps cycling every round in GoW2 so whoring weapons would stop and so on. I was wondering if the weapons do cycle in gears2 and if this is true.

FYC Punker
09-01-2008, 10:40 AM
yeah it does but since they announced the achievements ive bassically lost my hype cause there are no weapon achievements so IMO no reason to cycle weapons.

Burned Remains
09-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Yes they do.

Locust Sniper
09-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Punker brings up a good point but i still think they just want to keep 1 person from constantly going to the same weapon-regardless if you can get an achievement or not.

SleeKz
09-01-2008, 12:35 PM
you pick the other weapons up to use them as they give you an advnatage over othe rplayers (if you can use them) there also points of action, like the longshot on war machine.

Not so you can kill people with it only for an achievment lol.

And to your question:
"Weapons now rotate between every round. Boomshot will rotate with the Scorcher Flamethrower, Torque Bow with Longshot, Frag Grenades with Poison Grenades and Boltok Pistol with Gorgon Pistol."

SNEAKY CUBAN 1
09-01-2008, 02:16 PM
thats good so if there is like one person on your team that is extremely good with the longshot than he doesnt always get it and destroy everyone

Burned Remains
09-01-2008, 02:24 PM
you pick the other weapons up to use them as they give you an advnatage over othe rplayers (if you can use them) there also points of action, like the longshot on war machine.

Not so you can kill people with it only for an achievment lol.

And to your question:
"Weapons now rotate between every round. Boomshot will rotate with the Scorcher Flamethrower, Torque Bow with Longshot, Frag Grenades with Poison Grenades and Boltok Pistol with Gorgon Pistol."

The only thing is that this might actually take away from the game because you don't know where the weapon will be and those action spots and big battles over a power weapon will be gone and will focus more on your basic wepons.

FunnyWhytBoi
09-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Punker brings up a good point but i still think they just want to keep 1 person from constantly going to the same weapon-regardless if you can get an achievement or not.

Which is a very good tactic. I kinda of like this idea, I haven't seen it before. I wonder what it's going to be like?

Vcize
09-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Meh, wasn't this already a non-issue because of rotating maps? I mean, other than for achievement wh0ring (which is a non-issue now without the weapon achievements) how many people really played longer than first to 4 or first to 6? If one person was really good with the sniper and one was really good with the torque, that worked out because the sniper person would grab the sniper on the first map, and the torque guy would grab the torque on the next map. No reason to rotate it between rounds.

I agree that it messes with strategy some. Take the boomshot on Mausoleum for instance. A lot of the strategy of that map was getting that boomshot. So, do you send 4 people up the stairs on the torque side? Send 3 over there and have 1 sneak around sniper side? Send 1 over and have 3 rush from sniper side?

If you didn't know for sure that a boom was going to be in the middle, there wouldn't be a point in coming up with that strategy to get there first (especially if the scorcher ends up being as underpowered as it appears to be).

Vcize
09-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Meh, wasn't this already a non-issue because of rotating maps? I mean, other than for achievement wh0ring (which is a non-issue now without the weapon achievements) how many people really played longer than first to 4 or first to 6? If one person was really good with the sniper and one was really good with the torque, that worked out because the sniper person would grab the sniper on the first map, and the torque guy would grab the torque on the next map. No reason to rotate it between rounds.

I agree that it messes with strategy some. Take the boomshot on Mausoleum for instance. A lot of the strategy of that map was getting that boomshot. So, do you send 4 people up the stairs on the torque side? Send 3 over there and have 1 sneak around sniper side? Send 1 over and have 3 rush from sniper side?

If you didn't know for sure that a boom was going to be in the middle, there wouldn't be a point in coming up with that strategy to get there first (especially if the scorcher ends up being as underpowered as it appears to be).

Playebanbrr
09-06-2008, 11:23 AM
yeah it does but since they announced the achievements ive bassically lost my hype cause there are no weapon achievements so IMO no reason to cycle weapons.

Those achievements most likely will come in DLC. Don't lose hype over achievements. This game was hyped up to all my expectations. I think if epic is smart at all they will def put them in DLC.

FunnyWhytBoi
09-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Even though i posted earlier that I liked this idea, I've come to disagree with it...the idea itself sounds bad and can take away a lot of strategy. But soon enough, we'll all adapt and learn how to play the game the way it is. Who knows, this weapon cycling idea may actually be really cool! But right now, just thinking about it makes me disapointed.

JohnnyPas12
09-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Personally i like what epic is doing by making whoring achievements virtually impossible because it will give everybody a chance to use a weapon they didnt use in the first or experience a new weapon in the second one.

Sure weapon cycling may sound stupid but it will allow to use a torque in gridlock or other of your favorite weapons in your favorite maps. Also strategy is still important because its not like you dont know what kinda weapon will be there like SleeKz posted the grenades will switch to smoke or poison sniper to torque or another sniping weapon and hammer of dawn to the the mulcher and boomshot to the scorcher.

TOTAL ANNIHILATION
09-06-2008, 03:46 PM
The sniper is swapped with torque bow every round

Xx R37h1nk
09-06-2008, 04:08 PM
There are still weapon achievements.

JohnnyPas12
09-20-2008, 09:52 AM
i not sure about the weapons being swapped every round maybe a few times a match

and yes i know there are weapon achievements but most people will not get them in mp but in capaign instead

JohnnyPas12
09-20-2008, 09:52 AM
i not sure about the weapons being swapped every round maybe a few times a match

and yes i know there are weapon achievements but most people will not get them in mp but in capaign instead

blindfire202
09-20-2008, 09:58 AM
A long time ago when GoW2 was just being announced I watched an interview with Cliff in it. He mentioned something about the weapons on the maps cycling every round in GoW2 so whoring weapons would stop and so on. I was wondering if the weapons do cycle in gears2 and if this is true.

same with me when it just got announced...only this video on youtube ( which i MUST find again) said that gears 2 would have destructable enviourments....i've seen a tourqe bow blow up a hole in a wall leaving just the metel framing...but i geuss they canceld that now...

DELTA TWO-SIX
09-20-2008, 10:23 AM
I hope there's weapon cycling...

l33tm4ch1n3
09-20-2008, 12:50 PM
I think weapon cycling is a great idea. It wont take away from strategy. Instead, it will add more variety to the strategy. So when the longshot is in one place you go there and have a strategy and if its in another place, you go there and use a different strategy. It wont feel like the same thing over and over.

I am glad they decided to make most of the achievements available in campaign. It will allow players who like getting achievements the chance to get them without pissing anyone else off so now we can just play the game.

Crowmolf
09-20-2008, 01:46 PM
Well I dont give two hoots for if there is swaps and crap jsut as long as it comes out on the right day!

ZEENOF
09-20-2008, 08:24 PM
They they did for the game, not achievements. I got the achievements a year ago and still played, and the whole time, every day, every time on Gridlock it's the same thing, all going to sniper tower.

AFKontroller
09-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Personally, I love the idea, but it's not what you think. It's not like you got to the BoomShot spawn and find a pistol. Each gun falls under a category (Sniper, pistol, grenade, explosive, ect) and a gun from each category replaces the previous gun from that category in the SAME SPOT.

That means if you feel like sniping then you can go to the spot that spawns a Sniper-esque weapon. So if there was a the longshot one round then there will be a Torque bow there the next round.

In my opinion, this is an ingenious move. It keeps maps fresh and mixes things up. Also, it prevents people from walking around with the same weapon every round. I hate the guys who just whore the Boomshot.