PDA

View Full Version : Meele stun? & HB execution

Baird >
08-30-2008, 06:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geHmNe-9KO0

He didn't stun for as long as you normally do.. but he still got stunned.

BTW.. you can see the hammerburst execution.

SNEAKY CUBAN 1
08-30-2008, 06:44 PM
that sucks but i dont think you will be able to two piece like in GOW1

WaldoRtk7
08-30-2008, 06:50 PM
I'll check out the video when I'm not at work and I figured there would still be a small stun but not the 3-6 second pause that we see in Gears 1.

Baird >
08-30-2008, 07:23 PM
I'll check out the video when I'm not at work and I figured there would still be a small stun but not the 3-6 second pause that we see in Gears 1.

Yeah, it would be better if you only get stunned how we see it in that video.

Xthat em0 kidX
08-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Not liking what i see there.i was hoping for no stun at all.:(

SNEAKY CUBAN 1
08-30-2008, 07:28 PM
actually i think that he got shot when he tried to melee or something well at least i hope

Marth
08-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Look at how Carmines helmet shatters into smaller pieces. @_@

-Marth

< Profess >
08-30-2008, 09:02 PM
He didn't stun for as long as you normally do.. but he still got stunned.

It's exactly the same stun. If any tweak has been made it's minimal to none.

You get that stun typically when you're host, everyone else gets a longer one because of the retarded way stun is worked out between you and the host (it initiates independent of the host, but ends in coordination) leaving you with stuns that are as long as the stun time + network delay, or something like that.

Basically, host or not, that stun looks short because it is on LAN and we play online... maybe not on host enough to see it, but trust me that is how long the host stun is.

Try it out on Local if need be.

ShadowX777
08-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Not liking what i see there.i was hoping for no stun at all.:(

If EPIC was going for realistic (which they are) then it would only make sense that you get stunned when someone hits you. Doesn't look like much difference to me. But it's good that they didn't get rid of the stun completely.

The Witch Doctor
08-31-2008, 07:38 AM
Man I mentioned this long time ago, how dumb it would look if nothing happened when you got hit.

Good job epic.

< Profess >
08-31-2008, 08:00 AM
Realism and what looks correct doesn't necessarily translate to good game balance.

EPIC should concentrate on that first and foremost.

iJeDiMinDTricKs
08-31-2008, 08:01 AM
Man I mentioned this long time ago, how dumb it would look if nothing happened when you got hit.

Good job epic.

Exactly... If it was done the way suicidal kid over here wants, ppl cuold get melee'd while roadie running and keep running with just a damage effect... Would look stupid... It's just a small half second stun so its not enough to get double melee'd or two pieced...

Locust General
08-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Im just hoping he was trying to melee and got stunned in the process.

C. Freeman
08-31-2008, 08:26 AM
Exactly... If it was done the way suicidal kid over here wants, ppl cuold get melee'd while roadie running and keep running with just a damage effect... Would look stupid... It's just a small half second stun so its not enough to get double melee'd or two pieced...

Have you played Gears 1? That's the way it works now if someone is already roadie running and gets meleed.

The Witch Doctor
08-31-2008, 08:41 AM
Have you played Gears 1? That's the way it works now if someone is already roadie running and gets meleed.

And hopefully it's fixed in this one

iJeDiMinDTricKs
08-31-2008, 08:42 AM

Really cus everytime I'm running and get Melee'd I get stunned... Stop complaining about one of the many ways each of you get kille all the time... Suck it up, melee stun looks more realistic, it would be stupid to take i out comlpetely...

The Witch Doctor
08-31-2008, 08:45 AM
Epic knows, with the game they have both now and then, with implementing stopping power, stun smoke grenades, and realistic (to a point) gameplay; without some sort of "stopping" motion on melee, be it the original, or the new shorter one, the game would not only be unbalanced but also look completely out of place.

No way can you have stopping power with the bullets, and not with the melee, you cant hit someone and expect them not to react, you either go all the way, or you dont implement it at all. Gears 2 improves on what was done before, they realized that it was too long in the other one, so they shortened it to make it smarter and more fitting.

< Profess >
08-31-2008, 08:59 AM
Really cus everytime I'm running and get Melee'd I get stunned...
How can anyone that's played Gears not know this. There is no stun when performing any A-button move.

Fess up, you don't know what you're talking about, do you?

they realized that it was too long in the other one, so they shortened it to make it smarter and more fitting.
It's the same :/

Melee in Gears 1 was longer only for client players because of the retarded way melee stun was resolved.
(initiate client-side, conclude server-side)

That's the same stun you get when you're slapped on-host. Try it on local for yourself if you don't believe me.

Fred_Perry
08-31-2008, 09:07 AM
Wow ! That double melee was like super quick !

C. Freeman
08-31-2008, 09:16 AM
Really cus everytime I'm running and get Melee'd I get stunned... Stop complaining about one of the many ways each of you get kille all the time... Suck it up, melee stun looks more realistic, it would be stupid to take i out comlpetely...

I'm not complaining. I couldn't care less whether it is in or out -- I'll adjust accordingly. (From the video, it looks to be in but shorter since he had time to roll away.) What I am saying is that you have no idea what you are talking about since you've been playing a game for 2 years and didn't know that you didn't get stunned when roadie running.

The Witch Doctor
08-31-2008, 09:18 AM
How can anyone that's played Gears not know this. There is no stun when performing any A-button move.

Fess up, you don't know what you're talking about, do you?

It's the same :/

Melee in Gears 1 was longer only for client players because of the retarded way melee stun was resolved.
(initiate client-side, conclude server-side)

That's the same stun you get when you're slapped on-host. Try it on local for yourself if you don't believe me.

So are you saying they didnt make it so the stun is shortened for everyone? Since the vid was played local isnt it impossible to tell then?

I.E since they attempted to fix the lag in gears 2; making the duration the way it would be if everyone was host, as oposed to making it the way they did in gears one?

< Profess >
08-31-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm saying that the stun in the vid is the same as stun in Gears1, and for the reason I gave it only seems shorter because of the way Gears 1 resolved it for clients.

Basically, if that video is of LAN play (which it certainly is) then the stun time is the same as Gears 1 LAN play.

Hence, the stun is the same.

The Witch Doctor
08-31-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm saying that the stun in the vid is the same as stun in Gears1, and for the reason I gave it only seems shorter because of the way Gears 1 resolved it for clients.

Basically, if that video is of LAN play (which it certainly is) then the stun time is the same as Gears 1 LAN play.

Hence, the stun is the same.

Yea, thats what I meant, you said the gears one lan in comparison to gears one online off host is shorter due to the way the set up the connectivity, right?

So what I'm asking is, if thats the case, with the "fixed" or "resolved" lag issue in gears 2, is it possible that the old lan time is now the new online time; because they set it up different, the difference between the two hits is now not based on lag but rather a different system?

Im not saying your wrong, I'm asking a question. I'm not even positive if that's what you said or not, if not feel free to correct me.

Marth
08-31-2008, 11:26 AM
Really cus everytime I'm running and get Melee'd I get stunned...

Everytime? I have meleed roadie-running guys since launch and not once did they get stunned. They took damage, but kept on running.

The same happens when I am running.

-Marth

iJeDiMinDTricKs
08-31-2008, 12:13 PM
I get stunned..they only time I dont get stunned is when I roll into a guy melee'ing, I just get wounded...

Element2009
08-31-2008, 12:28 PM
ehh, not a big difference, just another thing epic had fixed from Gears 1 to Gears 2.

Zieu
08-31-2008, 01:00 PM
That seems like the Hammerburst's "B Button" execution because it's quick (not 3 seconds) and doesn't have a special camera angle.

And as for melee stun, remember when you pressed B to hit someone and sometimes if you got shot you were stunned? I think that's what happened in that vid. We could just wait until the game comes out and see then...

Baird >
08-31-2008, 04:05 PM
I hope you still get stunned just a little bit if you get meeled.. But not enough to the point where you can get double meeled.