PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War install error

Zebra204
08-28-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm trying to install Gears and it keeps saying "error 1350. Error reading D:\program files\microsoft games\gears of war\wargame\cookedpc\maps\SP_caves\SP_caves_script _5.war.comp. Verify that the files exist and you can access them." about half way through the installation

I did go to the file location and the files do exist and are installed, but it keeps persisting on this.

The disc has no scratches or cracks and is in brand new condition. Tried to install the game in two different drives and the same error appears.

Just bought the thing too.

Specs:
GPU:ATi Radeon 4870X2(defualt clocks)
CPU:AMD Athlon 6000+ X2 @3.0Ghz(defualt clocks)
RAM: 4GB OCZ Reaper (4x1Gb)(defualt clocks/timings)
PSU:OCZ StealthxStream 600w

Zebra204
08-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Guess their was a hidden scratch around the center of the disc. Could be the cause. Ugh...

Lighthammer745
10-09-2008, 12:28 PM
ive got the same problem... i installed it allready but had to format my hard disks and then reinstall GOW
now it says the same thing ("error 1350. Error reading E:\program files\microsoft games\gears of war\wargame\cookedpc\maps\SP_caves\SP_caves_script _5.war.comp. Verify that the files exist and you can access them.")

the disk looks fine, need help!

oh and sry for digging this old thread out...

Lighthammer745
10-11-2008, 06:17 PM
ha, problem solved:

i made an image with virtual cd 6 and installed gow from that image

i dont know why virtual cd was able to read what windows couldnt read and i dont even want to. finally i can play gow again :) thats all that matters for me ^^