PDA

View Full Version : Most Useful Power Weapon in GoW2

ExploitS
07-01-2008, 12:08 AM
In my opinion, it's going to be the Torque Bow. The reason why is because you're going to be able to break cover and stuff, which is going to be the main thing in GoW2. The sniper, if they do take off the one shot down, should not even be considered a power weapon anymore IMO.

Crusader1099
07-01-2008, 12:10 AM
I don't think the enviroments are going to be as destructable as you may think. It's not going to be like bad company because the whole place would be gone in minutes, thus defeating the purpose of cover. I think there is only going to be a few completley destructable structures where the rest you shoot and it chips or reveals whats beneath, aka metal for concrete, wall, whatever it may be.

Gears-of-War
07-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Torque Bow>

It has more bullets,it 1 hit kills,it has splash damage(sort of), it destroys enviroment,and it is just a bad ass Bow.

Crusader1099
07-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Definitly, Torque Bow FTW, I also like the sniper, it's just something about getting those headshots, and I know people hate it when it happens to them, because when it happens to me I feel like crap.

Gears-of-War
07-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Active reloads should stay though. Alot of the time you dont have enough distance to get posted up and shoot someone from as long distance as a sniper should. Just because of how Gears of War is and how people love to push someone camping way back.

Crusader1099
07-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Active reloads should stay though. Alot of the time you dont have enough distance to get posted up and shoot someone from as long distance as a sniper should. Just because of how Gears of War is and how people love to push someone camping way back.

So you think the longshot is, right? :D

Gears-of-War
07-01-2008, 12:49 AM
The Torque bow isnt as available as the Sniper. Id say whichever weapon you use better will be your more useful one. The Boomshot shouldnt be counted because it's so easy now and it has 2 shots. Torque Bow and Sniper are the two main ones. Make your choice. Im good at just shooting my Torque from my hip. Sniper I active down alot since I had to stop using the sniper to practice my shotgun.

Crusader1099
07-01-2008, 12:53 AM
The Torque bow isnt as available as the Sniper. Id say whichever weapon you use better will be your more useful one. The Boomshot shouldnt be counted because it's so easy now and it has 2 shots. Torque Bow and Sniper are the two main ones. Make your choice. Im good at just shooting my Torque from my hip. Sniper I active down alot since I had to stop using the sniper to practice my shotgun.

Well, since in Gears of War 2 the sniper and torque bow seem like their going to switch between rounds in some cases, so that'll be good, when running in the open you don't know for sure if your going to get your head blown off or just explode from bomb tiped arrow. Of course their are maps with both of them on it.

NewPCGamer
07-01-2008, 02:09 AM
no destructable environments in MP i guarentee that.

II Echo3z II
07-01-2008, 02:12 AM
Its between the torque bow and the boom shot. But for me the most destructable weapon for me is the shotty, seeing as I destroy with it...:cool:

Your Mum
07-01-2008, 06:05 AM
All weapons haven't been announced yet.

SharpShooter718
07-01-2008, 06:43 AM
In my opinion, it's going to be the Torque Bow. The reason why is because you're going to be able to break cover and stuff, which is going to be the main thing in GoW2. The sniper, if they do take off the one shot down, should not even be considered a power weapon anymore IMO.

Sniper = 1 shot headshot ( I know a shotgun can do that too, but u know what I mean ;) )

That's a power weapon in my books. :)

A sniper doesn't need to down to be a power weapon. ANY weapon uses correctly and iffeciantly (sp?) is a power weapon.

Stealthy32
07-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Well you have to remember that there isnt going to be nearly as much bullet lag as before so sniping is going to be substantially easier, just put it over their head and POP; whereas before you had to compensate for lag.

ARman
07-01-2008, 11:31 AM
what about if your being chased by 5 guys you will need active downs to at least slow them down

Trepidity
07-01-2008, 11:57 AM
All weapons haven't been announced yet.

Hammer of Dawn? I hope they bring it back because the hammer of dawn is my favorite weapon from any game.

LordofDoom5432
07-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Well you have to remember that there isnt going to be nearly as much bullet lag as before so sniping is going to be substantially easier, just put it over their head and POP; whereas before you had to compensate for lag.

If you think that's how the gears2 online sniper will work.... Just lol.

WoolyPower
07-01-2008, 01:25 PM
no destructable environments in MP i guarentee that.

Wrong. In some clips of the new multiplayer videos you can clearly see cover being destroyed. Look at the River map and where the sniper/torque located, you can see people chipping away at the wood revealing Baird behind it.

Carmine Pwns
07-03-2008, 11:10 PM

no dude there is a whole slew of weapons we dont know about. even weapons that belong to the superweapons class. SUPERWEAPONS!! thats the class the HoD is in. so get with the program...and find out more about gears!!! jeez!:mad:

Crusader1099
07-03-2008, 11:14 PM
no dude there is a whole slew of weapons we dont know about. even weapons that belong to the superweapons class. SUPERWEAPONS!! thats the class the HoD is in. so get with the program...and find out more about gears!!! jeez!:mad:

Dude, chill out, he was just stating his opinion. If he thinks that's the most useful power weapon, then he thinks that's the most useful power weapon in Gears of War 2 in his opinion.

Ik0n
07-03-2008, 11:26 PM

I think it is going to be the Lancer. It is an awesome game and it was underused in GOW1.

Carmine Pwns
07-03-2008, 11:35 PM
u just wait guy...u wait and see if u were right.. well ur not guys cuz the superweapons are very powerful weapons only 2 have been named so far in that class which is HoD and the Scorcher(flamethrower)

Crusader1099
07-03-2008, 11:38 PM
u just wait guy...u wait and see if u were right.. well ur not guys cuz the superweapons are very powerful weapons only 2 have been named so far in that class which is HoD and the Scorcher(flamethrower)

Well obviously we don't know yet, but so far, from what you know, what do you think the most powerful weapon in GOW2? And sure we don't know about these new weapons, but soon enough we will and we might change our minds.

Carmine Pwns
07-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Well obviously we don't know yet, but so far, from what you know, what do you think the most powerful weapon in GOW2? And sure we don't know about these new weapons, but soon enough we will and we might change our minds.

well right now its the Scorcher.

Trepidity
07-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Hammer of Dawn ftw!

SoxFan0392
07-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Are you saying the Scorcher is the most useful weapon? If so, please explain.

Carmine Pwns
07-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Are you saying the Scorcher is the most useful weapon? If so, please explain.

well HoD is the most powerful weapon, but its not reliable cuz u have to find a spot that makes the red dot appear and then its laser is very slow moving. but the scorcher can shoot powerful flames (not as powerful as a blast from a HoD laser) that go pretty far and it has a fluidy and fluent movement which means it can be more reliable that the HoD. the reliabilty is what make it the most useful weapon.

SoxFan0392
07-04-2008, 12:04 AM
That still doesn't make it the most "useful." You can't kill anyone with a scorcher unless if they are about 10 feet away from you. So what are you going to do if the only gun you have is a scorcher and someone is long distance lancering you? The HoD has to be the worse power weapon gun, only people that aren't that good get killed by it.. it takes way too long to go off and it only works outside. Not to mention, when you use it you can only walk, leaving yourself open to get sniped, tourqued etc. It's different from other guns because of how long it takes.

Carmine Pwns
07-04-2008, 12:07 AM
yup the HoD has no reliability but the scorcher does. wen u active it the scorcher shoots farther. and plus i would have the scorcher and the lancer, and pull out my lancer and PWN him.

SoxFan0392
07-04-2008, 12:09 AM
The scorcher is probably only going to be in a few maps.. like the HoD was. Why would you pull out your lancer if you can kill him with a flamethrower?

That's funny how you have a favorite weapon and map from Gears 2.. I'm sure you have played it a lot.

Carmine Pwns
07-04-2008, 12:15 AM
nope dude ur wrong. there is gunna be a cycal in which in one round there will be the scorcher and frag's etc, and in the next round there will be like a HoD or sumthing and poison grenades etc. so all maps should have the scorcher.

Crusader1099
07-04-2008, 01:18 PM
nope dude ur wrong. there is gunna be a cycal in which in one round there will be the scorcher and frag's etc, and in the next round there will be like a HoD or sumthing and poison grenades etc. so all maps should have the scorcher.

This doesn't mean every weapon is on every map, the boomshot and the scorcher might cycle in one map while in another it may be the boomshot and the Hammer of Dawn, probably not all three.

WoolyPower
07-04-2008, 01:48 PM
well right now its the Scorcher.

How can you possibly know that? Boomshot for example, kills a person in one shot, if you are lucky you can kill 3 or even 4 people with one shot. Only advantage the Scorcher has over Boomshot is its ammo capacity.

If someone told me to pick either boomshot or scorcher, I'd pick boom without thinking twice.