PDA

View Full Version : Set particle parameters via kismet

CaptainSnarf
05-26-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm working on a warfare level core explosion. In the matinee I have a large necris tentacle above the core that starts the levi big beam particle system. I would like it to point at the core, but I've been unable to do so. I can rotate the explosion in the editor so it points towards the core, but the red guide beam of the primary levi attack always shoots towards the center of the map (0,0,0), regardless of which way the particle system is rotated.

The guide beam requires a destination point. In the particle editor there is an item 'target+' which has 'ParameterName=BigBeamDest'. I know from working on the modded vehicles that BigBeamDest is the param I need set. In the kismet/matinee for the core explosion I tried using the set particle param but it only shows a scalar as input. I'm not sure how to set a vector parameter on a particle system. :(

How do I do this:

BigBeamEmitter.SetVectorParameter('BigBeamDest', HitLocation);

in kismet? :)

CaptainSnarf
05-26-2008, 05:05 PM
Ah, always love answering my own posts! It seems you just need to set the 'InstanceParameters' in the ParticleSystemParam kismet object. I got it working woot :)