PDA

View Full Version : [PS3] Split-Screen Mod?

Deathvein
04-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Hey,

Epic being the Xbox 360 fanboys that they are, refuse to add split-screen support to the PS3 verson of UT3, so I'm just wondering if it's possible for someone to create a mod that allows two-player.

My guess is no but if it is possible, I, along with many others would appreciate it if someone could create that mod.

Thanks!

Unreal Butcher
04-19-2008, 05:37 PM
***Scratches head wondering how long a thread will last that calls Epic fanboys.***

Anyway all fanboyism aside. I'd guess if someone would make a mod to support split screen, it'd take alot of work. I'm thinking they'd have to do alot of optimizing of the engine, and dumbing down the graphics. Although I could be wrong. Perhaps we could hear from someone that is in the know for modding.

Tailsnake
04-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Hey,

Epic being the Xbox 360 fanboys that they are, refuse to add split-screen support to the PS3 verson of UT3, so I'm just wondering if it's possible for someone to create a mod that allows two-player.

My guess is no but if it is possible, I, along with many others would appreciate it if someone could create that mod.

Thanks!

It's been discussed and it's seems like it'll be impossible to do

TheShdwDrake
04-19-2008, 06:43 PM
I rented the PC version of UT3 and am working of a 2 Player mod for the side scrolling mod. HOPEFULLY I can also get it 4 so it can play smash style.

Deathvein
04-19-2008, 07:09 PM
It's just that Epic has gave the 360 two exclusive titles and a superior version of UT3. Us PS3 gamers get a broken game and that's it.

Jamez Lippy
04-19-2008, 07:53 PM
It's just that Epic has gave the 360 two exclusive titles and a superior version of UT3. Us PS3 gamers get a broken game and that's it.

EXACTLY! its pissing me off, why should 360 owners get more if they payed less!

I have both myself, but i prefer using my ps3, and i BOUGHT ut3 for my ps3!

Im super pissed off unless they make a patch.

Skatox
04-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeah, i feel bad that epic didn't payed attention to the PS3 version, wich i think it will sell more copies than the 360version.

Kill4Food
04-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Why doesn't any game company make split screen on the pc? We already have the wired and wireless 360 controllers and and some of us have dual, tri, or quad processors and video cards. What gives? The pc is the most flexible system out there with hardware and software updates more regularly than underpowered consoles. Many people hook their pcs upt to their tvs like a console including me. If the pc had split screen games more people would flock to it and use it as a home entertainment system than consoles, which in reality, are just dumbed down pcs.

Unreal Butcher
04-19-2008, 08:43 PM
Sorry for your pain in not having split screen.

I bought a 360 for this title back in 2005. Been waiting for it since Unreal Championship on the Original Xbox along with a long list of friends that've been waiting for this title to hit the 360. Many of whom feel betrayed by not getting it first on MS's console.

I made a thread on Xbox.com in anticipation and have weathered through people saying, "It's not coming to the 360 at all", "It's better on the PC", "It's to little to late", etc.

I bought a new PC and added a 8800GT to it just to get a taste of what I've been waiting to play on the 360 with my old UC buds.

Then there are those 360 owners that complained about PC users getting Exclusive content for GoW. I don't understand what the complaining was about as Epic released the PC version almost a year later. Giving them time to work things out. Same as the 360 is getting their version of UT3 later, giving Epic time to optimize on it.

There seems to be no winning for Epic. They are either "Damned for giving it to a system before mine", or "Damned for giving a feature to another.".

If there's one thing I've learned it's, "Nothing is far". Oh yeah, and "Good things come to those that wait.".

Again "Sorry for your pain", and I do mean that sincerely. As we are all Unreal fans here.

Oh yeah one more thing. I know it doesn't solve the split screen problem, but you can play both UT3 and GoW on the PC.

Btw. The above is just me sharing that no matter the platform you game on, we are all Unreal fans and we shouldn't hate on each other or Epic, because something was added to another platform given more time to work on it.

Surferdude
04-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Sorry for your pain in not having split screen.

I bought a 360 for this title back in 2005. Been waiting for it since Unreal Championship on the Original Xbox along with a long list of friends that've been waiting for this title to hit the 360. Many of whom feel betrayed by not getting it first on MS's console.

I made a thread on Xbox.com in anticipation and have weathered through people saying, "It's not coming to the 360 at all", "It's better on the PC", "It's to little to late", etc.

I bought a new PC and added a 8800GT to it just to get a taste of what I've been waiting to play on the 360 with my old UC buds.

Then there are those 360 owners that complained about PC users getting Exclusive content for GoW. I don't understand what the complaining was about as Epic released the PC version almost a year later. Giving them time to work things out. Same as the 360 is getting their version of UT3 later, giving Epic time to optimize on it.

There seems to be no winning for Epic. They are either "Damned for giving it to a system before mine", or "Damned for giving a feature to another.".

If there's one thing I've learned it's, "Nothing is far". Oh yeah, and "Good things come to those that wait.".

Again "Sorry for your pain", and I do mean that sincerely. As we are all Unreal fans here.

Oh yeah one more thing. I know it doesn't solve the split screen problem, but you can play both UT3 and GoW on the PC.

Btw. The above is just me sharing that no matter the platform you game on, we are all Unreal fans and we shouldn't hate on each other or Epic, because something was added to another platform given more time to work on it.

my problem isnt that they got to optimize it or even the extra content....its mainly the split screen which should be there no matter wat imo....but even though im mad that the xbox is getting it and the ps3 isnt im happy for those xbox owners (atleast they are getting a good game)

shindelion
04-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Man Where Is The Split Screen For Ps3

E309 Prototype
04-19-2008, 10:28 PM
not here, exclusive to 360, unless someone can make it.

Shadowfish
04-20-2008, 07:10 AM
Epic will not make Split Screen for the PS3 due to a lack of resources. It could be released as a patch, but Epic do not have time or money to do this.

I have heard from various sources that it is C++, so it cannot be made for the PS3 as it does not support this. As far as Epic is concerned, it could release a patch allowing C++, and not only would this open up SplitScreen capabilities, but lot's of other TC mods as well.

Aidan205
04-20-2008, 07:31 AM
Mk so 360 gets split-screen but PS3 gets user-created mods! I think we can live without the split-screen. And as for those 5 exclusive maps that the 360 version gets somone just remake them lol and for the extra to characters make those aswell....360 will only have split-screen then where as PS3/PC version will have all those nice User-made maps/mods/characters....Split-screen or User-created stuff...you decide.

Shadowfish
04-20-2008, 07:36 AM
Did Epic really think that a couple of maps and some characters would sway people? Xbox owners cannot obtain characters like Cloud or SPawn unless Epic release thbem on the Marketplace. And everyone knows nothing is free on the marketplace.

I just hope Epic keep working on the PS3 mod devopment scene, as so to give us as much versatility as the PC. Some things will never be done, i.e. sounds due to the RAM usage, but Split SCreen could be doable via. C++. All it takes is to Dub down graphics slightly as to not eat at the Ram. All games do it, less graphics, more players, sounds good to me.

Unreal Butcher
04-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Did Epic really think that a couple of maps and some characters would sway people? Xbox owners cannot obtain characters like Cloud or SPawn unless Epic release thbem on the Marketplace. And everyone knows nothing is free on the marketplace.

I must not be everyone. lol.
CH weapons pack. (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/c/chromehounds/contentdownload.htm)
Crackdown Agent skins. (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/c/crackdown/contentdownload-agents.htm)
"Free-For-All Pack" Content Download (Free) (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/c/crackdown/contentdownload-freeforall.htm)
Gears of War "Hidden Fronts" Map Pack
(Free) (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/gearsofwar/gamecontent-hiddenfronts.htm)
Lost Planet Multiplayer Map Pack 1
(FREE) (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/l/lostplanet/multiplayermaps.htm)
Lost Planet Multiplayer Map Pack 2
(FREE) (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/l/lostplanet/multiplayermaps2.htm)
Multiplayer Map Pack 3
(FREE) (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/l/lostplanet/multiplayermaps3.htm)
New Multiplayer Map for The Outfit (Free) (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/o/outfit/gamecontent.htm)
Cause Collateral Damage with The Outfit
(Free) (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/o/outfit/collateraldamage.htm)
Free Maps for Joanna (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/p/perfectdarkzero/gamecontent-freemaps.htm)
New Multiplayer Download for Prey (Free!) (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/p/prey/download-multiplayer.htm)
New PGR 3 Cadillacs in Marketplace (Free) (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/p/projectgothamracing3/gamecontent-cadillacvseries.htm)
RR6: New Cars in Xbox Live Marketplace (Free) (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/r/ridgeracer6/cardownloads.htm)
While I realize not everything on the MP is free. I also know there is a good amount that is free.

The below are free downloads that have quite a bit of substance to them.
Throwback Pack of Maps for GRAW2 (Free) (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/t/tomclancyghostreconadvancedwarfighter2/contentdownload-throwbackmappack.htm)
7 maps. All of these maps have upgraded visuals and support for the customizable game modes within GRAW2. Relive some of these classic maps in the latest Ghost Recon installment.
GRAW 2 Throwback Pack 2 (Free) (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/t/tomclancyghostreconadvancedwarfighter2/contentdownload-throwbackmappack2.htm)
In addition to the seven maps, there is a new game mode called "Co-op Exfiltration."
R6V: Player's Pack Red Edition (Free) (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/t/tomclancyrainbowsixvegas/content-playerpackred.htm)
This download consists of two new game modes, Assassination and Total Conquest, and five multiplayer maps which support all Rainbow Six Vegas multiplayer game modes.
R6V: Player's Pack Black Edition
(Free) (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/marketplace/t/tomclancyrainbowsixvegas/content-playerpackblack.htm)
So there you have it. Both skins and maps for free. It is possible to get free content on the XBL MP. Yes it may not be user created content, but as Epic (Mark Rein) has already stated here. ( http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=3893)
Talking to OXM at the Midway Gamers Day in Las Vegas, Epic president Mark Rein confirmed that the best mods will be available to players of the Xbox 360 version of Unreal Tournament 3, although details are still being worked out. "We know some of these great mods are going to play a role on Xbox 360, even if we have to get some people and bring them over ourselves," he said. "We'll figure it out."

Thanks for your time and sorry for high jacking this thread.

Again, I hope someone finds a workaround for getting you split screen.

ArchangelMichael
04-20-2008, 09:51 PM
First off, it would have to be a game mode. I am no modder, however, I think that it could be done, and here's why; it was originally said that personal/custom music and sounds could not be incorporated into user created maps. However, it has already been done. If you download the map "Tokyo Sewer" you will notice that there is music from AMV Hell 3 playing. Someone found a way around what Epic said could not be done. Still, even if 2 or 4 player splitscreen does eventually come around, "some people" out there will try to put a stop to it, and push to have an update that crashes your PS3 if you have the mod.

ambershee
04-21-2008, 04:53 AM

There's loads of free stuff on the Marketplace. Also, Epic can't release stuff like 'Cloud' or 'Spawn'. It's copyrighted intellectual property owned by someone else.

I just hope Epic keep working on the PS3 mod devopment scene, as so to give us as much versatility as the PC. Some things will never be done, i.e. sounds due to the RAM usage, but Split SCreen could be doable via. C++. All it takes is to Dub down graphics slightly as to not eat at the Ram. All games do it, less graphics, more players, sounds good to me.

a) Sound is nothing to do with memory issues. It's because Sony won't release the proprietary audio format required to the public domain.
b) SplitScreen is more than just some 'C++'. It'd require a vast rewrite of what are probably core aspects of the Ps3 renderer.

sweetooth1967
04-21-2008, 06:25 AM
sure it would be great to have split screen but in reality the graffics would take a hit and you both would be playing a ps2 looking game
the ps3 has wifi lan so when the mods become available i plan to buy another ps3 and link up that way i did that with so many other xbox games like operation flashpoint elite i prefer a screen to myself with my buddy next to me with his own screen ....good idea though

Green_Day_584
04-21-2008, 06:32 AM
look. lets look at it this way. PS3 and PC users are in the same boat. our copies of UT 3 are almost identical, except the PS 3 version was slightly modified for use on the PS3, and utilising the resources the PS3 has. We both had patches that fixed, essentially, the same problems, give or take a few per console.

If Epic games refused to give you split screen, so be it. We all got the game earlier, so we can't expect a better product than what the Xbox 360 version is. The Xbox 360 version had more time spent on development (or so I have been told) so therefore it isnt really a surprise. Lets all just calm down, and find a solution to this :).

ambershee
04-21-2008, 06:39 AM
and find a solution to this :).

The solution is simple. Want splitscreen? 360 version. Don't want to fork out for a 360 / new copy? Lump it :p

Green_Day_584
04-21-2008, 06:50 AM
The solution is simple. Want splitscreen? 360 version. Don't want to fork out for a 360 / new copy? Lump it :p

i was hinting more toward getting a PC... but ur solution is still relevant :D

Nawrot
04-21-2008, 11:58 AM
From my point of view as mapper. If anything that is done by community for free will not be free on XBOX I will not allow my work to be released on it. Same goes for exclusive stuff for XBOX that is there due to marketing and greed and not due to real reasons like hardware etc. Anything exclusive that its exclusive just because, makes all my work exclusive to PC and PS3.

ambershee
04-21-2008, 12:25 PM
The 360 doesn't have mod support anyway.

ArchangelMichael
04-21-2008, 06:08 PM
sure it would be great to have split screen but in reality the graffics would take a hit and you both would be playing a ps2 looking game
the ps3 has wifi lan so when the mods become available i plan to buy another ps3 and link up that way i did that with so many other xbox games like operation flashpoint elite i prefer a screen to myself with my buddy next to me with his own screen ....good idea though

You're right, you can always get another PS3(s) to play multiplayer. However, that also means you need another TV, and another game. That gets very costly after a while. Especially if you got 3 or 7 of your friends over. You will need 4 TVs, 4 consols, and 4 games just to accommodate 4 players, let alone 8 or more. So far I only have two other friends who have a PS3, and one of them just has it so he can play Blurays and COD4. Splitscreen is something that the PS3 is more than capable of, and yet there seems to be no games that take advantage of it yet.

feisar32
04-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Splitscreen is something that the PS3 is more than capable of, and yet there seems to be no games that take advantage of it yet.

Resistance: Fall of Man? ;)

Metalmurphy
04-21-2008, 07:34 PM
GT5P, and Warhawk 4P splitscreen ^^

ArchangelMichael
04-21-2008, 10:09 PM
GT5P, and Warhawk 4P splitscreen ^^

Maybe I should have been more specific; I am talking about FPS games that are PS3 exclusive, and yes you are right Feisar32 about Resistance. However, that seems to be the only one right now. In fact, Resistance 2 will be the same way (and much better too), and so will Haze if it ever comes out. I just think Epic could have done a little more work to make this game splitcreen, and had a considerable victory over the Halo dynasty... but I guess we'll just have to leave that up to Ubisoft, and hope they stay frue to their claims to make Haze PS3 exclusive... but thats another issue.

alsager777
04-26-2008, 09:46 AM
where are the officials?
why they are still silent ?
why dont they step up to the task and tell us why they are doing that?
my extra 3 gamepads are collecting dust....just make a splitscreen patch and end my suffering

ambershee
04-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Because they've already said they're NOT going to release split screen for the PS3, as it is too time consuiming and detracts from other things.

Noscaasi
04-28-2008, 06:53 AM
Because they've already said they're NOT going to release split screen for the PS3, as it is too time consuiming and detracts from other things.

- I know Epic as a company that cares more about delivring what people want rather than some companys that are just after money.

- I think that this post and many others i have read show how many people want split screen (me included).

- And i also think if the Xbox already has splitscreen then there are people at Epic who could make PS3 split screen pretty easly.

I understand they have projects such as Gears 2 (Which im looking forward too) but i still feel they are not taking the mass demand for PS3 split screen seriously enough atm. Also putting split screen on Xbox is like a kick in the nuts for us PS3'ers.

ambershee
04-28-2008, 07:06 AM
Posting it over and over again isn't going to change it, they've already given the final workd on the matter.