PDA

View Full Version : how to create my own weapon?

Sunshine1709Str
04-15-2008, 01:28 PM
hello guys,

after puplishing 2 maps(DM-Inferno, CTF-Armageddon) succesfully, i want to create my own weapon now.
But i dont know how! can someone helps, e.g tutorial or movie?

but no fear, my idea is so awesome, the weapon i will create is more powerfull and gorgeous you have ever seen. also please help me too revolutionize UT3.

p.s the first one, who can help me, is my first test-person (if he/she want)

Green_Day_584
04-16-2008, 03:14 AM
heres the best site i can reccomend: http://www.ut40k.planetunreal.gamespy.com/

just take a look in the "UT 3 Tutorials" section :).

Sunshine1709Str
04-16-2008, 12:35 PM
all right, thank you very much.
i understand completely how to create and import. but how i create the ammo, and the explosion of my ammo?

geodav
04-16-2008, 02:21 PM
what do you mean create your ammo, static mesh for the pickup or the coding

Green_Day_584
04-16-2008, 08:05 PM
all right, thank you very much.
i understand completely how to create and import. but how i create the ammo, and the explosion of my ammo?

im not sure tbh. i DO remember hearing that the weapon fire is a particle system though...

Alex D
04-16-2008, 08:42 PM
If you're wanting to know about how to set up a completely new weapon in game, rather than just asking about how to make the model for it, then you are asking a programming related question, so asking in the level design forum is probably the wrong place as there is a UT3 programming forum.

At any rate, geodav has, on his website (http://www.ut40k.planetunreal.gamespy.com/), tutorials regarding getting a simple but usable weapon in to the game, it's easy to follow and will give you a good starting point for it.

Green_Day_584
04-17-2008, 12:13 AM
i just gave him that link... see my first post.

Sunshine1709Str
04-17-2008, 10:28 AM
i think you all dont understand me !
i want to create a costum explosion when my ammo explodes.
e.g. when the redeemer explodes, you can see this huge explosion.
clear?

Hackerx72
04-17-2008, 02:22 PM
I personally don't think those tuts are verry detailed. I had a problem with it when I tried to made one and got confused on some places. It would be great that someone created a vid set like the character one on 3dpalace

geodav
04-17-2008, 02:37 PM
as mentioned you'll have to make new particle effects then apply them via code. when i get time i might write a tutorial up for you but don't hold your breath!

@Hackerx72, sorry mate doing videos take time and planning which i didn't have, btw if you watch Showsters video's he mentioned that he took the info from my tutorials ;)

Sunshine1709Str
04-18-2008, 10:25 AM
oh sh1t,

i knuw it, that i have to cod something. the prob is that i dont know how. i think i have to learn, how that works.
cr4p. any tut for help?

Sunshine1709Str
04-18-2008, 10:35 AM
i figured out, that i can modify the "ammo" from the shock rifle.
ALSO:
when i open my UED4.0 and open generic browser, open shock rifle.upk, and clicking on the shock rifle, so a new window will opens,and so i can change the parameters.
where i can find (change) the parameter for the shock rifle ammo. somewhere should be a entry for this effect! WHERE?
when i know where it is, i can change the target.

because i want to add the lightning gun from UT2k4. the gun i have already rebuild, inclusive new polygons, looks now more futuristic.
now i have to add the lightning.

geodav
04-18-2008, 03:08 PM
ok after 1 hour of digging through code and Ued, all i can see is in the attachment class (UTAttachment_ShockRifle) you can find the line
MuzzleFlashPSCTemplate=WP_ShockRifle.Particles.P_S hockRifle_3P_MF
and
BeamTemplate=particlesystem'WP_ShockRifle.Particle s.P_WP_ShockRifle_Beam'
this points to the particle system, make a copy of it and have a play with the unreal_cascade system

best of luck

Sunshine1709Str
04-18-2008, 03:54 PM
thanks, i hope i will rebuild the lightning gun complete.
ty for help.
i will post some shots soon.

Hackerx72
04-20-2008, 05:29 AM
@Hackerx72, sorry mate doing videos take time and planning which i didn't have, btw if you watch Showsters video's he mentioned that he took the info from my tutorials ;)

Well he did a verry great job with those and you did also with your first weapon creation vid. If that weapon set would be finished I would be verry glad. In a matter of fact this isn't the only thing in your life so I'm not pushing anyone though.

P.s: shouldn't your site with the txt tuts be updated with links to your downloadable vid?

geodav
04-20-2008, 02:05 PM
as i did the vid i couldn't get it to upload on my website (differant companys) so i can't cross link but i will sort that out soon, btw i am planning more tutorials sometime in may (vids hopefully)