PDA

View Full Version : Squad Mod

jonbartlam
03-06-2008, 05:31 AM
Hi All,
I've come up with an idea but simply don't have the technical experience to make it. I have a light understanding of the Unreal 3 scripting and know that this in theory might not be too difficult to do. Just beyond me. (My biggest accomplishment is to create a mod that slows time down but speeds up the character (effectively bullet time). Not complex.

Anyway, the idea is to force people to work as a squad. Its all well and good having squads available in so many games but people don't work as a squad and its simply more interesting, in my opinion, to work as a squad. The idea would be to make the squad captain the spawn point. This would mean that to kill a squad, the captain must be killed thus the squad must protect him/her.

If the squad member moves too far from the captain he/she will receive a warning before starting to take damage (like going off the edge of the battlefield in....battlefield.). When a squad member moves too far away, the squad captain should receive a message saying that they have left a member behind.

I understand that there are some problems about this, such as selfish players and the way of killing a squad seems a little iffy. Unless when the captain dies another member becomes the captain. This would create some fierce fire fights until one squad wins. As a team would keep respawning untill all dead (perhaps a small timer would be necessary to stop them from respawning instantly)

Anyway, I'd love to see something like that!

Jon

/CPH\
03-06-2008, 06:38 AM
awesome idea, hope someone makes it!!

ambershee
03-06-2008, 08:32 AM
It wouldn't work well. Players often stray from other players for many reasons in the game, and teamplay in UT doesn't come from hanging around in a bunch, it comes from identifying and tackling multiple objectives at once.

Hyrage
03-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Acting like a squad is the best way to get defeated by a grenade or a rocket easily.

Unfortunately...

Aidan205
03-07-2008, 04:49 AM
Acting like a squad is the best way to get defeated by a grenade or a rocket easily.

Unfortunately...

Very true if your squad goes in, and the other team (squad) has a rocket launcher....well i suppose u can geuss the rest. Still a very good idea.