PDA

View Full Version : DM-Pure [Final (Revised)][Pics][Download PC/PS3]

Brits__Hit
02-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Map name: DM-Pure
Version: FINAL + Revision
Author: Brits_Hit

DOWNLOAD (PC): http://files.filefront.com/DM+Pure+FINAL+REVISIONrar/;9565563;/fileinfo.html

DOWNLOAD (PS3): http://files.filefront.com/DM+Pure+PS3rar/;9570499;/fileinfo.html

I've also re-cooked a version with no deployables, because they've been giving PS3 users issues...

DOWNLOAD (PS3, NO Deployables): http://files.filefront.com/DM+Pure+PS3+No+Deployablesrar/;9807813;/fileinfo.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: In light of the HOLP (Hardcore Oldskool Low Poly) map pack being released, I decided to try my hand at a UT3 map in the same vein. When I first started it was more of an effort to re-familiarize myself with Unreal ED, since I haven't used the new editor.
Once I started making the map though, I came up with a pretty cool idea for the layout and after playing I found it was a helluva lot of fun.

EDIT(02/03): *Revision changes*

-Bots are fully supported and use every area of the map.
-changed the music
-swapped the keg-o-health for a U-damage
-cooked the map properly for both PC and PS3

Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks for downloading, and enjoy.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj193/Brits_Hit/pure1-1.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj193/Brits_Hit/pure2-1.jpg
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj193/Brits_Hit/pure3.jpg

Nagis
02-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Wooooooaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Now this is a map I would enjoy playing. Ill wait for the PS3 version.

Brits__Hit
02-02-2008, 12:19 AM
If anyone would like to volunteer and cook a PS3 version that would be great. Right now I'm having trouble with the cooking process...

If you're successful in cooking it, please either post the link in this thread so I can put it in the first post or just PM me the link. Thanks.

EDIT: I've cooked the map for PS3. Unfortunately I cannot test it since I don't own PS3. Please give me feedback on whether it works fine or not guys.

GoreHore
02-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Looks awesome, cant wait to try it!!

Harmatia
02-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Wow! The deployables were such a pleasant surprise. Setting up the slow field by one of the jump pads was the first time I've ever seen a use for that thing! SO satisfying to line up a headshot on someone coming through the slow field.

Can't wait to play this online with a team-- then those can get used for some strategy :D

One of my favorite maps yet!

Tempermentalist
02-02-2008, 01:06 AM
wheres AnubanUT2 when you need him?..he cooks a lot of maps for the ps3...im feeling the layout of this map...cant wait until its cooked for the ps3

Grinchy
02-02-2008, 02:34 AM
Wooooooaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

That's exactly what I said out loud when I saw the pics. Very cool looking map, can't wait to check it out.

BuffyTheSlayer
02-02-2008, 04:26 AM
downloading :D

Sbouby
02-02-2008, 05:30 AM
I don't like really in NW, but in instagib it's fun ^^
Thx for this map.

k!ckZz
02-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanx for the map. I would like to give it a go but i cant seem to download. If i follow your link, all i can do is leave a comment on filefront.

4TX4
02-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanx for the map. I would like to give it a go but i cant seem to download. If i follow your link, all i can do is leave a comment on filefront.

Yeah, I think there's something wrong with filefront, had the same thing when I tried to dl some other map a couple minutes ago.

SEBASTIEN-NOVA
02-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Just play it, really fun, love this arena, especially the startplayer with jumpad, good job on it ;)

Brits__Hit
02-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys, I'm glad you're having fun with the map.

I went for fun gameplay over visuals, but it turns out I've pleased both crowds. ;)

I thought the deployables would be a nice surprise too.

I'm going to look into the pathnoding right now and see if anything needs changed, so I may release an updated version soon.

EDIT: I've cooked the map for PS3.. see first post.

I'll update this thread with more info soon.

gämmö
02-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Nice map, going up on our server asap....

Thanks man...

Brits__Hit
02-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Update:

I fixed the bot support, swapped the health keg for a u-damage, changed the music to something more fitting and also cooked the map for both PC and PS3 properly.

PS3 users please let me know if the map runs properly since I have no way of testing it.

Thanks

Feedback is always appreciated (no doubt after the Super Bowl is over) ;)

Undergrave
02-03-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks for cooking it, but you did something wrong. It should be only the "USERDATA.JAM" file and it's not the case

Brits__Hit
02-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the info Undergrave, I've uploaded the proper file:

http://www.speedyshare.com/346526736.html

(link also found in my first post)

Undergrave
02-03-2008, 08:26 PM
You're welcome. I'll try it with pleasure

Doc Savage
02-04-2008, 12:19 PM
What a cool map Brits_Hit!

I played this on my PS3 in Instant Action mode. Thanks for the very fun map, nicely done!

Kanji
02-04-2008, 03:38 PM
I really like this map a lot. It reminds me of the old Rocket Arena's from the original UT. Loved the ramps that shoot you up to the top. I think you should put a piece of glass on the center platform and put a power up on it. It was odd because I kept wanting to jump down onto it, but kept falling through. Also, on the top it would be nice to have a spot where you could hide for a second or two. There's almost no place for temporary cover, but adding a couple of places would be good I think.

Loved the map, I hope you put some static meshes in it soon, with a few touches and some polish this map would really kick ass. It has a lot of potential.

Nice lighting and item layout too.

Brits__Hit
02-05-2008, 01:07 PM
@Kanji: It's kind of already gone final.. but the next map will be much better ;)

@Doc Savage: so I take it the PS3 cook is working? If so, good.

HANx
02-10-2008, 05:44 AM
Pure and enjoyable map, =) also it sounds very classic.

Grinchy
02-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Wow I really wanted this map before the PS3 version was cooked and it got buried so I forgot all about it!

I should have tested it out on PS3 before posting this but here's a free bump anyway :p

Brits__Hit
03-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Glad you found it again

Let me know how you feel about it once you play it. ;)

Grinchy
03-04-2008, 07:25 PM
I really dig it. I just like how it plays. It's frantic but more controllably so than other small maps. I think that's probably because of how easy you made it to move between the levels in the map. It's great putting the slow field right in the area in front of a jump pad, so that people get caught in it trying to get to the 2nd level :cool:

I just really like the way it plays, and the way it looks. It's very unique and doesn't look like many other maps. This is a definite keeper, and I have no idea why more people aren't talking about it.

Brits__Hit
03-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I tried to make it as crazy and frantic as possible without being confusing/frustrating. Seems like the special pickups are a pleasant surprise for most, too.

I'll no doubt make a few more low-ish poly arena maps, but right now I'm swamped with work :P

Brits__Hit
03-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Been reviewed on Insite:

http://insite.beyondunreal.com/map.php?id=1330

OUCH!! :(

Grinchy
03-10-2008, 12:39 AM
That's a shame. He mentions how he likes the map even though he scores it low. Plus the whole thing is written with typos and grammatical errors all over the place.

Nagis
03-10-2008, 01:09 AM
Just downloaded it for my PS3, and it was strange to find deployable items in this tiny map. I had infinite ammo, so I found myself having bots quickly spamming the items causing framerate issues, but it can be solved by turning off Infinite ammo.

Either way, excellent map, im definitely keeping this one.

Edit- Actually, im not keeping this one. There is a major framerate issue that froze my PS3. I diddnt have infinite ammo this time, but something caused MAJOR lag in the game, 3 times.

For the PS3 version, this needs to go back in the drawing board. Something very bothersome is happening while playing this map.

Brits__Hit
03-10-2008, 02:20 PM
@Nagis: hmm, I dunno man.. might be a problem with your PS3 because no one else has encountered framerate issues at all. If anything, this is supposed to be a very fast-running map because of it's lack of static meshes and other details.
Have you tried playing the map with absolutely no mutators enabled?

That's a shame. He mentions how he likes the map even though he scores it low. Plus the whole thing is written with typos and grammatical errors all over the place.

Yeah I know, oh well, can't win em all.

Nagis
03-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah, and I think I know whats causing this to happen. Its the deployables.

They are throwing them in some kinda area that takes a crapload of processing power. The map itself is fine, its just when there is a deployable in an area where the PS3 does not like it, it thinks way too hard and it slows down to 0FPS.

I know its not my pS3 because I keep it in good condition. But I know what you mean, alot of people are not experiencing problems, but in my side, the bots sometimes throw a deployable in an area I suppose isnt complete, causing the PS3 to think super hard like I said.

Im sorry I cant define an exact location to the problem, but every other map for me works great, even some maps that other people said they are having framerate issues.

Munster
03-10-2008, 04:23 PM
I had a few performance issues with some user created maps, but using the install option fixed that. No problems since.

Brits__Hit
03-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Hmm, strange that the deployables give you problems Nagis. Maybe it's because my BSP cutting wasn't as clean as it could have been.

Oh well. Thanks for the input btw.

HAIKEEBA
03-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Unfortunately, I just ran into the same problem as Nagis. I like the layout and design of this map, and when it runs it runs smoothly… but then suddenly it will chug down to a slideshow (PS3). I've tried it several times with mutators on/off/etc., but at least once per game it will do this. Great design though.

Brits__Hit
03-11-2008, 01:06 AM
Does it only chug when someone drops one of the deployables (slow/forcefield)? If that's the case, I could re-cook a version for you PS3 guys that doesn't have any deployables.

Grinchy
03-11-2008, 02:42 AM
You know what? Now that I think about it, my system did freeze one day when I was playing this map. I chalked it up to coincidence though, since it didn't happen the other times I played it.

I think I was doing 5v5 against bots, and the bots do have a knack for picking up deployables right away and throwing them randomly, so maybe there is something to that.

Viper7
03-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Playing the Ps3 version.

So heres what I got to say on the maps upsides and downsides.
Firstly I gotta say that I really like the idea of this map. The way to 2nd lvl is something that not every1 could have thought of. Not to mention the highest level of the map was a fine addition to the 1st 2 floors. All the floors make the players to take more attention on their movement or they will fall pack to the 1st lvl which will most likely be the center of action in this map.

Also they way that the map is really "geometrical" and thats what makes the player instantly familiar with the stage when they first pop out in there. Only the some what hidden upper floor might not come to attention when playing this map for first time. Which gives some nice boost to the gameplay factors of the map. the sentence "easy to learn but hard to master" fits well to this stage.

Visuals are the only real thing some1 could complain about this map, since the level of detail is really low and the map looks a bit like 10 year old first person shooter maps (look UT or Quake3 arena for example) which are quite cubic when it comes to level design. With more detailed 3D shapes and less cubic look with high resolution textures and this would be hell of a map.

Even with the low detail visuals this map is a lot of fun.

Brits__Hit
03-11-2008, 08:23 PM
@Grinchy:

If people want, I can cook a new version without deployables.. but if only a few people are noticing this issue and aren't really seeing it as a big problem, it's probably not worth my time.
Still, let me know if you really want it, I'll oblige as long as people are still playing my map.

@Viper: Thanks for all the comments, I'm glad your having fun with the map. I tried to think of a simple design that was still unorthodox in a few ways.

The reason why it's so low detail is that I wanted it to be a very fast-paced map that would run well on everyone's machine. I tried to spice it up a bit with custom textures and contrasting lighting.

Again, thanks for the input and I hope you enjoy the map for a while ;)

HAIKEEBA
03-11-2008, 09:31 PM
@Brits_Hit:
It's probably the deployable items, yes. As Grinchy mentioned above, the bots tend to release them all over the place. It's difficult to tell for sure because once it slows down I have to wait for a long time before I can even access the pause menu to quit out.

If you re-cooked it I would be grateful and happy to play without the deployables because I really like the layout and visual design. However, if you don't have the time/energy for it I'd also be happy to just wait for your next map as well.:)

Brits__Hit
03-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Ok, I've re-cooked a version without deployables for you guys. Hopefully there are no more problems ;)

LINKY: http://files.filefront.com/DM+Pure+PS3+No+Deployablesrar/;9807813;/fileinfo.html

Ekt0F0rm
03-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Excellent work! ;) Really like the styling and gameplay of this map.

Grinchy
03-13-2008, 12:15 AM
That was cool of you to cook up a version without deployables man! I haven't been able to check it out yet to see if I could make it freeze though.

I really like the deployables on this map, so it would be a shame if that was an issue.

HAIKEEBA
03-13-2008, 09:06 PM
That is unbelievably cool of you to redo it. I'll play it when I finish work, but I wanted to say thanks in advance! :D

Brits__Hit
03-13-2008, 10:57 PM
No problem fellas, let me know how it works

@EktoForm: thanks for the comments ;)

HAIKEEBA
03-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Darn it… unfortunately, it's still happening; I have no idea why. :confused: I'm using the NA/NTSC game on a JP 60GB PS3. It's too bad because I love the style of this map, but at this point I'd say you've done more than enough to support it. I appreciate the effort, thanks anyway! Again, great style and layout. :)

Oranir
03-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Nice map but way too buggy
the bots stand and shoot walls and the jump platforms disappear of kill you sometimes

yarbone
03-15-2008, 01:35 PM
I can't see the coolnes of this map but I'll give it a try

Brits__Hit
03-15-2008, 04:47 PM
@HAIKEEBA: hmm, that sucks.. oh well, I think I'm finished trying to fix it. Thanks again for the nice comments

@Oranir: I haven't encountered a problem like that, except with the upgraded Instagib rifle mutator (forget what it's called). The bots stood in one spot and shot the walls, but ONLY with that mutator on.
Anyways, try playing without any mutators (default settings) and see if it still occurs.