PDA

View Full Version : Released: BattleRPG V7 now with (optional) class system.

BattleMode
01-21-2008, 07:51 PM
A completely operational RPG for UT3! Supports ALL game types.

Features levels, experience, Mana, magic weapons, artifacts, player classes (optional) and FULL ability management. Has abilities like Weapon Speed, Vampirism and Quickfoot, artifacts like God Mode, Spiderpig and Mana Gambling and magic like Rage, Ultra GIB and Invisibility. It also has a custom RPG scoreboard, a custom RPG HUD, etc. Includes UT3 Invasion and Galtanor's Invasion and custom versions of BattleRPG made to work together with them.

Go to http://www.onsrpg.com/battlerpg.php for download (including full GPL V3 source code), a player manual, an administrator manual and a developer manual.

New in V7:
* Implemented a new more advance and more user friendly BattleRPG menu.
* New abilities: Loaded Artifacts, Loaded Weapons, Loaded Magic, Weapon Resurrection, Ammo Bonus, Mana Bonus and Mana Regeneration.
* New weapon magic: Infinity.
* New artifact: Max Magic +2
* Implemented console commands "brpg use artifact", "brpg first artifact", "brpg next artifact" and "brpg prev artifact" so people can bind this to keys.
* Created 3 example configurations: Standard Edition, Class Edition and Extreme Edition.
* Implemented a new (optional) flexible requirement system allowing player classes etc.
* Implemented support for Galtanor 007 now including BattleRPG levels in the Invasion scoreboard.

The new enhanced, dynamic, future predicting and mind reading BattleRPG menu:
http://bigbattleservers.com/downloads/v7menu_3.jpg

BattleRPG V7 with Galtanor's Invasion 007:
http://bigbattleservers.com/downloads/brpgv7_gal007.jpg

Vlach
01-21-2008, 07:56 PM
What are these classes you speak of? :)

BattleMode
01-21-2008, 08:00 PM
What are these classes you speak of? :) In the example configuration I included there are 2 classes: Warrior and Magician. But the system is entirely dynamic, a server admin can design his/her own classes, requirements etc. It is even possible to have nested classes (subclasses). It is also possible to have abilities with different pricing or different max levels based on the class a player has.

darknet
01-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Nice! Good work! "BattleRPG Class Edition" for jobs. Try it, fun!

Khandor
01-21-2008, 08:44 PM
I get a URL not found when I go to download it.

BattleMode
01-21-2008, 08:47 PM
I get a URL not found when I go to download it. Woops, my mistake. It should work now.

ACE3605
01-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the mode! :)

warlord57
01-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Nice work. Once said before needs repeating, if a new version is released every few days shouldn't this be in beta forums? It seems like you have way more time than I do or I am just way slower of a programmer lol.

DR SE7EN
01-22-2008, 12:53 AM
this is for all of your RPG mods

how do i rebind the use artifact key

i want it to be mouse4

BuffyTheSlayer
01-22-2008, 01:00 AM
thank you for keep update getting more real RPG now ... :eek:
:D

BattleMode
01-22-2008, 03:13 AM
thank you for keep update getting more real RPG now ... :eek: :D Thank you, yes for those who like them you can now have player classed. Server admins can make as many classes as they want (including nested classes) and define how exactly those classes work. E.g. one class could buy a higher weapon speed than another class and different classes could pay different RPG$ for levels of a similar ability.

BattleMode
01-22-2008, 03:14 AM
this is for all of your RPG mods how do i rebind the use artifact key i want it to be mouse4 V7 now has console commands like "brpg use artifact" which you can use to define your own keyboard or mouse settings.

BattleMode
01-22-2008, 03:16 AM
Nice work. Once said before needs repeating, if a new version is released every few days shouldn't this be in beta forums? It seems like you have way more time than I do or I am just way slower of a programmer lol. BattleRPG V7 is not beta software, it has been extensively tested, including multi player testing (not that there will be no bugs of course). I spend about 20 hours on development each week, so V6 -> V7 is about 30 hours of work I think. Most of that time for testing and "how do I get UT3 to do...".

†TYRANICK†™
01-22-2008, 03:40 AM
This looks awesome! But I have some suggestions:

-Vehicle health/weapon buffs? (WF/VCTF only?)
-Puchasable weapons/vehicles that easily spawn in front of you (VCTF or warfare only)
-Individual weapon upgrades/Vehicle? Such as...longer sniper zoom....bigger boom for redeemer...errr more rockets being fired out the rocket lucher etc
-"Resistance" for example taking less damage from weapons w/ or w/o armour armor in general etc? (unless this is already in)
-Purchasabe...errr...turrets for base (maybe hardcapped for balance etc)?

And thats all I got for now now.

I just reckon some of those things could add to the immersion of the mut :D. Escpecially in warfare...like instead of always getting things after capturing nodes...you purchase them instead (optional obv)

I dunno just my 2 cents I guess :)

BattleMode
01-22-2008, 04:02 AM
This looks awesome! Thank you.

Vehicle health/weapon buffs? (WF/VCTF only?) I intend to add vehicle specific magic and abilities to a future version (e.g. Vehicle vampirism).

Puchasable weapons/vehicles that easily spawn in front of you (VCTF or warfare only) Not sure about that, seems to me that would change the gameplay too much.

Individual weapon upgrades/Vehicle? Such as...longer sniper zoom....bigger boom for redeemer...errr more rockets being fired out the rocket lucher etc Weapon Magic does most of these things and with Weapon Resurrection you can keep using the magic you like most over and over.

"Resistance" for example taking less damage from weapons w/ or w/o armour armor in general etc? (unless this is already in) Damage Reduction does something like this.

Purchasabe...errr...turrets for base (maybe hardcapped for balance etc)? Not sure about that either, seems to me that would change the gameplay too much.

†TYRANICK†™
01-22-2008, 09:40 AM
W00t at most of those things lol.

Yeah i guess those things would become a bit game changing...hmmm

How about just for the invasion gametype? Instead of just having guns/vehicles/turrets around you can purchase them later to aid you against more severe monster raids in large maps or defending bases etc. A bit like the "car laucher" from UT04 which was great if anyone remembers that...

Also I was wondering about character appearence...how about something where different types of armor you equip your character with gives different buffs? Again could be puchase related in mid game, totally optional but i reckon utlising the different armor types would add much more gameply depth and maybe give you a good reason to go through the game and unlock them besides just being currently "cosmetic only"

Anyway yeah, its your mod after all but would be school to see lots more depth :D

Great work so far :)

BattleMode
01-22-2008, 09:53 AM
How about just for the invasion gametype? Instead of just having guns/vehicles/turrets around you can purchase them later to aid you against more severe monster raids in large maps or defending bases etc. A bit like the "car laucher" from UT04 which was great if anyone remembers that... For invasion it might work, I will put some research into this.

Also I was wondering about character appearence...how about something where different types of armor you equip your character with gives different buffs? Again could be puchase related in mid game, totally optional but i reckon utlising the different armor types would add much more gameply depth and maybe give you a good reason to go through the game and unlock them besides just being currently "cosmetic only" With RPG this is usually handled with weapon magic, currently the only "visible" magic is invisibility but I intend to figure out more graphical skins etc. to make it all more visual.

r3sistance
01-22-2008, 09:56 AM
I'll be putting this on vCTF server later, tis Linux and I notice this isn't linux tested yet so I'll let you know of any problems :),

One thing I would love however, is like an optional start weakened mode, so that say players don't start at normal strenght but less then, say weapon fire rate and damage reduced, health and movement speed reduced to 80% of their normal so you have to build the character up a bit from the start kinda thing ^^;;. Just putting that out as a suggestion ;). I have played this on a Warfare server somewhere... tis a good mod.

†TYRANICK†™
01-22-2008, 10:58 AM
For invasion it might work, I will put some research into this.

With RPG this is usually handled with weapon magic, currently the only "visible" magic is invisibility but I intend to figure out more graphical skins etc. to make it all more visual.

Good to here :D I will try out this current mod to start with :D

r3sistance
01-22-2008, 11:03 AM
maybe it'd be possible to attach a few basic partical emitters to players to give some basic magical effects however not sure if it can be done, if it could, as long as it's not done OTT it should be nice... perhaps be able to give players auras for certain things... like killing spree+ a red barrier or whatever, hee.

BattleMode
01-22-2008, 11:23 AM
I'll be putting this on vCTF server later, tis Linux and I notice this isn't linux tested yet so I'll let you know of any problems :), Yes please, if you could contribute 2 lines of text I can add to my ReadMe.txt that would be even better.

One thing I would love however, is like an optional start weakened mode, so that say players don't start at normal strenght but less then, say weapon fire rate and damage reduced, health and movement speed reduced to 80% of their normal so you have to build the character up a bit from the start kinda thing ^^;;. Just putting that out as a suggestion ;). I am not sure people would like that, but I could add it as an option I think. I will do some research.

BattleMode
01-22-2008, 11:24 AM
maybe it'd be possible to attach a few basic partical emitters to players to give some basic magical effects however not sure if it can be done, if it could, as long as it's not done OTT it should be nice... perhaps be able to give players auras for certain things... like killing spree+ a red barrier or whatever, hee. Yes I most certainly want more graphical effects, but I have no experience with them yet so I will have to do some research on that first.

Slaughter
01-22-2008, 11:31 AM
My goodness. Do you sleep? Spend time with the family? LOL.

I've updated my BattleRPG and RPG Invasion servers with this latest release.

Dids
01-22-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't know if this has already been adressed in this thread or the thread for a previous version, or if it has already been remedied. But when I access the menu, my game does not pause and it unpauses if i pause it first. I don't know if its doable but I would much prefer it if it didnt do this. Otherwise, love this mut, helped me win many matches.

Death Dream
01-22-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm not a big fan of the whole mana thing. I know there isn't an adrenalin option now but maybe you could tie in the mana points into your kills like adren worked. Then make the artifacts dropable from monsters again too.

Also, having the window "L" take up the whole screen kind of sucks. I liked how in UT200x it was a small window so you could see if you were getting attacked and could get out of it fast.

Great to see this being worked on though :)

~Death Dream~

instagibbed
01-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Woohoo!

BM, your servers up with v7? Classes enabled?

*FF$*Necris
01-22-2008, 12:40 PM
hey only stupid question from noob... where is ultima from ut2004 rpg mod? :( :(

instagibbed
01-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Ok, I see you have a warfare xe server up, but it has the battleTRANS... if you can remove that, that server will probably see more people than just me.

instagibbed
01-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Few things I've noticed:

Invisibility does not seem to work as intended. It doesn't make you invisible.

Ammo Regen only regens the gun you are currently holding. Was this changed?

When using the translocator while flying, the flying effect will be cancelled out, while the artifact remains active.

godmode0
01-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Hi Nico , mod rox :)

Some small notice ... i had 50 exp and all options show N/A, after click "buy" all N/A where gone from all upgrades and all was normal back aggain :P

BattleMode
01-22-2008, 04:45 PM
I don't know if this has already been adressed in this thread or the thread for a previous version, or if it has already been remedied. But when I access the menu, my game does not pause and it unpauses if i pause it first. I don't know if its doable but I would much prefer it if it didnt do this. Otherwise, love this mut, helped me win many matches. How do you pause UT3? (Not kidding, I really don't know.)

BattleMode
01-22-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm not a big fan of the whole mana thing. I know there isn't an adrenalin option now but maybe you could tie in the mana points into your kills like adren worked. Actually that is how Mana works, you kill someone you get some Mana.

Then make the artifacts dropable from monsters again too. I am waiting for someone to make me some nice 3D artifacts before I can do things like this.

Also, having the window "L" take up the whole screen kind of sucks. I liked how in UT200x it was a small window so you could see if you were getting attacked and could get out of it fast. UT3 UI options are a tad limited (especially if you have a lot of info on the screen).

BattleMode
01-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Woohoo! BM, your servers up with v7? Yes.

Classes enabled? Nope, no classes on my servers, the setup is similar though.

BattleMode
01-22-2008, 04:48 PM
hey only stupid question from noob... where is ultima from ut2004 rpg mod? :( :( BattleRPG is not identical (or intended to be identical) to UT2004 RPG. The Kamikaze artifact is most close to Ultima I think.

BattleMode
01-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Ok, I see you have a warfare xe server up, but it has the battleTRANS... if you can remove that, that server will probably see more people than just me. Wel, eh, I like the translocator. Do you dislike it because it removes the hoverboard?

BattleMode
01-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Invisibility does not seem to work as intended. It doesn't make you invisible. It seems to depend on the map. Do you know on which map it didn't work?

Ammo Regen only regens the gun you are currently holding. Was this changed? No it has always been this way for BattleRPG.

When using the translocator while flying, the flying effect will be cancelled out, while the artifact remains active. Ah, I will fix that.

BattleMode
01-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Hi Nico , mod rox :)

Some small notice ... i had 50 exp and all options show N/A, after click "buy" all N/A where gone from all upgrades and all was normal back aggain :P Can you tell me more about this? Does it happen more often? Was it the beginning of a round, or did you just enter the server?

BattleMode
01-22-2008, 04:53 PM
My goodness. Do you sleep? Sleep? I try to waste as little as possible time on that.

Spend time with the family? LOL. I do, I do, I don't like spending time on sleep, but I do spend time with my family.

I've updated my BattleRPG and RPG Invasion servers with this latest release. Neat!

godmode0
01-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Can you tell me more about this? Does it happen more often? Was it the beginning of a round, or did you just enter the server?

I wil try !

To begin with i have latest rpg and galtanors olso use the correct galtanor version

Was in wave 3 or 4 til i open menu the "last" thing i bought before opening menu was weaponspeed ( not 100% sure) I saw i have 50 exp to spent on stuff, but when i open the buy menu all things had N/A behind the name , I selected health and clicked buy kuz had 50 exp to spend it all and after i open the buy menu all n/a where gone and it look/worked all normal back aggain.

DATABASE=(Id="XXXXX",Abilities=((Id="AmmoRegen",Level=5),(Id="WeaponSpeed",Level=3),(Id="HealthBonus",Level=3),(Id="DamageReduction",Level=2)))
DATABASE=(Id="XXXX",Level=20,XP=51,NeededXP=110)

Older versions .ini's i deleted started fresh

dunno if this help you , but i cant explain better

Laters

BattleMode
01-22-2008, 05:37 PM
I wil try !

To begin with i have latest rpg and galtanors olso use the correct galtanor version

Was in wave 3 or 4 til i open menu the "last" thing i bought before opening menu was weaponspeed ( not 100% sure) I saw i have 50 exp to spent on stuff, but when i open the buy menu all things had N/A behind the name , I selected health and clicked buy kuz had 50 exp to spend it all and after i open the buy menu all n/a where gone and it look/worked all normal back aggain.

DATABASE=(Id="XXXXX",Abilities=((Id="AmmoRegen",Level=5),(Id="WeaponSpeed",Level=3),(Id="HealthBonus",Level=3),(Id="DamageReduction",Level=2)))
DATABASE=(Id="XXXX",Level=20,XP=51,NeededXP=110)

Older versions .ini's i deleted started fresh

dunno if this help you , but i cant explain better

Laters Hm, I think I get it. I should also update the combo box after someone gains a level.

EddyVercetti
01-22-2008, 05:47 PM
For some strange reason, the game keeps crashing when I use this mod in the middle of loading a map. Can I have some help?

r3sistance
01-22-2008, 06:22 PM
I have tired setting this up on Linux but it doesn't seem to work.

Log: THROW: Can't find file for package 'UTGamePlus'
Log: THROW: Error opening file '' <pathtobinaryfiles>

replaced the actual path as I don't really wanna be giving too many of my server details out ^^;;.

But those two lines appear to be where the... hits the fan kinda thing and it messes up... not sure it it's just a misplaced file or two or what ^^;;.

godmode0
01-22-2008, 06:37 PM
Nico !!

managed to get 2 sreenshots for ya of the situation i explained before

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1561/screenshot231200803346sts8.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2329/screenshot231200803348shh5.jpg

Isaac Conrad
01-22-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm downloading this right now ! And about the problems I had with RPG P5 & P6 : after reinstalling UT 3, and being killed in a match, the HUD appeared and... the fun started ! Yes, BattleRPG finally works in Instant Action with me !

Thanks !

BattleMode
01-23-2008, 03:37 AM
*** HOTFIX: BattleRPG V7.1 ***

Get it while it is HOT: http://bigbattleservers.com/battlerpg.php

I made 2 mistakes with V7 which should be corrected now with V7.1:
- I put the wrong version of BattleRPG in the root of the zip (the invasion one instead of the regular one).
- The BattleRPG menu did not get updated after the player gained a level (resulting in false information).

Please let me know if everything works ok now.

BattleMode
01-23-2008, 03:59 AM
For some strange reason, the game keeps crashing when I use this mod in the middle of loading a map. Can I have some help? I put the wrong version in the root of the zip. This should be solved in V7.1. You can get V7.1 from http://bigbattleservers.com/battlerpg.php. Please let me know if this solves your problem.

BattleMode
01-23-2008, 04:00 AM
I have tired setting this up on Linux but it doesn't seem to work.

Log: THROW: Can't find file for package 'UTGamePlus'
Log: THROW: Error opening file '' <pathtobinaryfiles>

replaced the actual path as I don't really wanna be giving too many of my server details out ^^;;.

But those two lines appear to be where the... hits the fan kinda thing and it messes up... not sure it it's just a misplaced file or two or what ^^;;. I put the wrong version in the root of the zip. This should be solved in V7.1. You can get V7.1 from http://bigbattleservers.com/battlerpg.php. Please let me know if this solves your problem.

BattleMode
01-23-2008, 04:01 AM
Nico !!

managed to get 2 sreenshots for ya of the situation i explained before I tried to solve this problem in V7.1 now. You can get V7.1 from http://bigbattleservers.com/battlerpg.php. Please let me know if this solves your problem.

godmode0
01-23-2008, 04:53 AM
I tried to solve this problem in V7.1 now.

Yeah menu problem n/a is fixed tested 9 waves and no trouble :P
Have some other erro , nut sure if erro

"Failed to generate a magic weapon"

Oke enough games for today gonna go sleep lol

( lol elf uur in de morgen en nog steeds ragge :D )

BattleMode
01-23-2008, 05:23 AM
Yeah menu problem n/a is fixed tested 9 waves and no trouble Great, thank you for testing this.

:P Have some other erro , nut sure if erro
"Failed to generate a magic weapon" You cannot turn the weapons the monsters dropped into magic weapons. I have to figure out a solution for that.

Isaac Conrad
01-23-2008, 08:10 AM
I installed BattleRPG 7.0 (yes, .0 not 7.1 yet) and for strange reason, UT 3 has a Runtime Error (?!) when I try to run it. I think that the problem came from my RAM, but it's weird ^o^.

I'm trying with 7.1 :).

EDIT :
No, it's the same. I deleted the "UTGame" directory to let UT 3 re-create one, and I don't have any problem. I'll try to reinstall BattleRPG 7.1 with the new UTGame dir. Stay tunned !

r3sistance
01-23-2008, 08:19 AM
I put the wrong version in the root of the zip. This should be solved in V7.1. You can get V7.1 from http://bigbattleservers.com/battlerpg.php. Please let me know if this solves your problem.

Actually what solved my problem was me not being bleeding lazy ><...

I was using wget (basically a method of downloading stuff in Linux CLI)straight to the cookedPC folder and unzipped it their, then all I would do is move the .ini file.
However it was picking up the .u files in specialversion folder rather then the one in the root of /CookedPC, teach me to be lazy >.<...
I moved the /specialversion/ folder away after getting V7.1 and it works.

Isaac Conrad
01-23-2008, 08:28 AM
I was able to make a default DM with BattleRPG v7.1 only activated, but at the end of the battle, when I choosed "Main Menu", I once again, had the Runtime Error. :(.

Isaac Conrad
01-23-2008, 08:45 AM
Last but not least, now it also crash with BattleRPG 6.0 :(.

BattleMode
01-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Last but not least, now it also crash with BattleRPG 6.0 :(. If it worked before with BattleRPG 6.0 and now doesn't work it must be something in your configuration. You could try to clean your cache and remove all non standard UT3 files before you install it.

BattleMode
01-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Actually what solved my problem was me not being bleeding lazy ><...

I was using wget (basically a method of downloading stuff in Linux CLI)straight to the cookedPC folder and unzipped it their, then all I would do is move the .ini file.
However it was picking up the .u files in specialversion folder rather then the one in the root of /CookedPC, teach me to be lazy >.<...
I moved the /specialversion/ folder away after getting V7.1 and it works. Ah, very good to hear it works with Linux UT3. Can you please write two lines of text for me which I can add to my ReadMe.txt for other Linux UT3 server admins?

r3sistance
01-23-2008, 11:00 AM
it's no different then what you do in Windows really apart from it's you do cd this and mv that... the vast majority of Linux users will already know wget, unzip, cd and mv anyway so what you have for windows should do, however just incase I have thrown this script together:

utpath=<ut3 server path here>
wget http://bigbattleservers.com/downloads/BattleRPG_V7.1.zip
unzip BattleRPG_V7.1.zip
mv BattleRPG.u $utpath/UTGame/CookedPC/
mv UI_Scenes_BattleRPG.upk $utpath/UTGame/CookedPC/
mv UTBattleRPG.ini $utpath/UTGame/Config/

The only modification this script needs is that the user puts in the utpath, this can be done with nano or vi, the script is currently up at my server (http://85.234.131.137/BattleRPG.sh). Once the UTpath is sorted out, sh BattleRPG.sh should make it run perfectly. It's advisery to not run this whilst in cookedPC as this will cause problems.

You may want to get someone else to confirm that this script does place the files in the right location, since I already had files in the right location to start with, also when new versions come out (and I look forward to them), the script would need modifying with the latest version download.

Isaac Conrad
01-23-2008, 01:18 PM
News :
I reinstalled (once again) UT 3, completly deleted the UTGame directory in "My Documents" and now it works perfect. I think that the UT 3 Tweaker 4.1 is maybe the main problem. I had crashes even without BattleRPG...

Staticnova
01-23-2008, 03:13 PM
000000000000000_000000000000000
00000000000000___00000000000000
0000000000000_____0000000000000
000000000000_______000000000000
00000000000_________00000000000
0____________ You ____________0
000__________.....__________000
00000 _______rock!_______ 00000
0000000_________________0000000
000000_________0_________000000
00000_______0000000_______00000
0000_____0000000000000_____0000
000___0000000000000000000___000
00_0000000000000000000000000_00
8888___88888888888888888___8888
888_____888888888888888_____888
888_____88____888____88_____888
888_____8______8______8_____888
888_____8____888888888888888888
888_____8___88_____________8888
888_____8__88_______________888
888______888_________________88
888________88_________________8
888__________88_______________8
888____________88_____________8
888_____________88___________88
888______________8___________88
888_______________8__________88
888_______________8_________888
8888_______________________8888
88888_____________________88888

instagibbed
01-23-2008, 03:23 PM
When playing with the RPG mutator with Invasion, the mini darkwalkers no longer have the bubble around them and their weapon is not shown when they are firing (the beam is invisible). Same with the Skulls that use the same weapon.

When I tried this with normal Invasion (without the RPG mutator), it seems fine. May have something to do with the mutator?

Posting this in Galtanor's thread too.

BattleMode
01-23-2008, 03:52 PM
it's no different then what you do in Windows really apart from it's you do cd this and mv that... the vast majority of Linux users will already know wget, unzip, cd and mv anyway so what you have for windows should do, however just incase I have thrown this script together:

utpath=<ut3 server path here>
wget http://bigbattleservers.com/downloads/BattleRPG_V7.1.zip
unzip BattleRPG_V7.1.zip
mv BattleRPG.u $utpath/UTGame/CookedPC/
mv UI_Scenes_BattleRPG.upk $utpath/UTGame/CookedPC/
mv UTBattleRPG.ini $utpath/UTGame/Config/

The only modification this script needs is that the user puts in the utpath, this can be done with nano or vi, the script is currently up at my server (http://85.234.131.137/BattleRPG.sh). Once the UTpath is sorted out, sh BattleRPG.sh should make it run perfectly. It's advisery to not run this whilst in cookedPC as this will cause problems.

You may want to get someone else to confirm that this script does place the files in the right location, since I already had files in the right location to start with, also when new versions come out (and I look forward to them), the script would need modifying with the latest version download. Thank you for this! I have adapted my ReadMe.txt now (I do indeed assume Linux server owners will know how to wget, unzip, cd and mv). I added you to my contributers list in that as well.

BattleMode
01-23-2008, 03:54 PM
News :
I reinstalled (once again) UT 3, completly deleted the UTGame directory in "My Documents" and now it works perfect. I think that the UT 3 Tweaker 4.1 is maybe the main problem. I had crashes even without BattleRPG... Ah good to know BattleRPG now works for you!

BattleMode
01-23-2008, 03:55 PM
When playing with the RPG mutator with Invasion, the mini darkwalkers no longer have the bubble around them and their weapon is not shown when they are firing (the beam is invisible). Same with the Skulls that use the same weapon.

When I tried this with normal Invasion (without the RPG mutator), it seems fine. May have something to do with the mutator?

Posting this in Galtanor's thread too. Somehow I have never seen one of those mini darkwalkers. Is there a screenshot of those somewhere, so I can recognize them? Do they only appear in certain levels?

r3sistance
01-23-2008, 07:39 PM
No need to add me to contributers, but thanks anyways ;).

I am currently working on building up some classes. As I see it, it's now possible to price the same power effectively twice and then split those two pricings between two classes, now if that were done for say 4 maybe 5 classes, that's going to be a long list ;), Might be nice therefore in game to have an option to hide anything with not applicable on it :).

BattleMode
01-23-2008, 08:28 PM
I am currently working on building up some classes. As I see it, it's now possible to price the same power effectively twice and then split those two pricings between two classes Yes, that is how I designed it.

now if that were done for say 4 maybe 5 classes, that's going to be a long list ;), Might be nice therefore in game to have an option to hide anything with not applicable on it :). Not sure about that, it could also be solved by sorting them in a smart order. The advantage of showing n/a abilities is that the player can discover why it is n/a. BTW there is an upper limit of 100 to abilities.

r3sistance
01-23-2008, 08:40 PM
I wasn't saying to remove them completely, I was just suggesting that the player could remove the extra ones once they have seen why they can not use them ^^;; tis all. But your the one doing all the hardwork now. I had assumed that was the case looking at it that you had intended this new style so you could charge difference classes different ammounts.

I am just about to test out my server in 10 minutes with these classes and abilities I have come up with, this is just the 1st hash, currently all classes refer to the same ability lists but are level controlled to them or blocked to them ^^;;. To give the Uniqueness, Currently working with four classes, Wizard, Brawler, Scout and Templar to see how well they work out

godmode0
01-23-2008, 09:16 PM
oke have something new ,,, when play only with real players and press f1 ( can be other binding on someones other pc ) you see no score behind the player name , i added 10 bots and i could see lvl beind players name .. was suprided XD !

litle buggy ?

BattleMode
01-23-2008, 09:30 PM
oke have something new ,,, when play only with real players and press f1 ( can be other binding on someones other pc ) you see no score behind the player name , i added 10 bots and i could see lvl beind players name .. was suprided XD ! litle buggy ? Did you play death match with the BattleRPG version for Galtanor's invasion? There is a bug in Galtanor's scoreboard which I worked around by sacrificing the DM scoreboard. So for DM you would have to use the regular version of BattleRPG. Galtanor already fixed this so a future version will probably no longer have this problem.

{UR}Scorpion
01-24-2008, 07:04 AM
Thanks again for all the updates. I did not see the v7.1 posted until after I ran through the v7.0! :D Ran into the same issues I think most everyone else has.

Lastest info....

Scoreboard screen looks to have some debugging info or at least additional string information. I am sure this has already been mentioned.
Map rotation stalled. Not sure if a player quit mid-game or if this happened at the end of the game. In any case, the map no longer gave anyone else the option to vote and it never timed out and went to another map. Went you enter the game it just drops you directly to the map and you can't do anything. Had to restart. Will update if it continues...
Play for me was very choppy/laggy last night. If this is consistent, I will add more later. Simply mentioning it in case anyone else is experiencing. I have no reason to suspect it is mod related.Thanks much!
Scorp

godmode0
01-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Did you play death match with the BattleRPG version for Galtanor's invasion?

Yeah im using correct version

BattleMode
01-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Scoreboard screen looks to have some debugging info or at least additional string information. I am sure this has already been mentioned. This is a problem with Galtanors invasion, he has already solved it so it should be fixed in his next version.

Map rotation stalled. Not sure if a player quit mid-game or if this happened at the end of the game. In any case, the map no longer gave anyone else the option to vote and it never timed out and went to another map. Went you enter the game it just drops you directly to the map and you can't do anything. Had to restart. Will update if it continues... Hm, don't like that one.

Play for me was very choppy/laggy last night. If this is consistent, I will add more later. Simply mentioning it in case anyone else is experiencing. I have no reason to suspect it is mod related. There is slight freeze between Invasion rounds. Galtanor has some idea's on how to solve that.

Ubusunagami
01-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Awesome mod. Loved UT2004 RPG, was extremely happy when I saw a similar mod for UT3. Few questions, however.

I am not sure what changed code-wise, but will it be possible to make a version of this that is compatible with more than one gametype mode at a time? For example, UT2004 RPG could be run along-side most every mod I threw at it and the XP-gain and level up stuff would work fine. My favorite was the Sentinel turret. Mmm, turret. I'd love to try this mod with both Invasion mods without having to switch which version of the mod I am using.

And for the second question, where have the artifact specific configurations gone? In the previous version I was able to edit how much mana the artifacts used when activated, and I'd like to do so again, but they don't appear in the configuration file any longer.

BattleMode
01-25-2008, 03:12 AM
Awesome mod. Thank you.

I am not sure what changed code-wise, but will it be possible to make a version of this that is compatible with more than one gametype mode at a time? For example, UT2004 RPG could be run along-side most every mod I threw at it and the XP-gain and level up stuff would work fine. My favorite was the Sentinel turret. Mmm, turret. I'd love to try this mod with both Invasion mods without having to switch which version of the mod I am using. The 2 Invasion mods work completely different so I have to do completely different things to make BattleRPG compatible with them. Unfortunatly the changes needed are not compatible with each other.

And for the second question, where have the artifact specific configurations gone? In the previous version I was able to edit how much mana the artifacts used when activated, and I'd like to do so again, but they don't appear in the configuration file any longer. You can still use the same settings (forgot to put them in the INI it seems), so you could look at the INI of an older version to see how.

†TYRANICK†™
01-25-2008, 11:45 AM
I have another suggestion :D. Hopefully I think this time, this would be really good.

Say someone makes a new weapon/item/vehicle for UT3, custom model, sounds, etc you know a completely new weapon...for example the UT3 "ripper"

How about adding a feature...where we can "add stock" so to speak, such as weapons/vehicles or w/e to your menu system, so we can then later on in the game buy them? For example you could put them in the "artifacts" section or a new menu called "Whats new?" or w/e, and make them require a certain level as well as available mana for balance?

I think this could be great because it would save the hassle of "replacing" weapons in game! You could automatically "bind" the new weapon to a new key so as not to overlap with the vanilla weapons? Or as in the next patch...allow them to fill a slot of 1-9 depending upon what category of weapon they are!

Doing this for the ripper would be great, and or any other weapon or item or (for invasion or w/e) vehicle someones makes! It would make it much more "RPG" like :D.

I guess it could work in a similar way as to brads config program...

Still I hope your able to maybe do something like this, or at least somehow implement the usage of new custom weapons/items/vehicles etc :).

Mr.UglyPants
01-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Hey, 1 question, in v6, the download had zip files in zip files, does this have it all in folders (cept for the main zip) so as for EASY extract installing? Cause i'm almost sure its why i can't get RPG and invasion to work in v6.

BattleMode
01-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Say someone makes a new weapon/item/vehicle for UT3, custom model, sounds, etc you know a completely new weapon...for example the UT3 "ripper"

How about adding a feature...where we can "add stock" so to speak, such as weapons/vehicles or w/e to your menu system, so we can then later on in the game buy them? This is a very good idea. Thank you. I will do some research on how I can achieve this (not sure if it is technically possible yet).

BattleMode
01-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Hey, 1 question, in v6, the download had zip files in zip files, does this have it all in folders (cept for the main zip) so as for EASY extract installing? Cause i'm almost sure its why i can't get RPG and invasion to work in v6. I did not make the Invasion mods, I only made BattleRPG. So I include the Invasion zips as they are made by their authors (with their permission of course).

†TYRANICK†™
01-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Really? Yay!

Yeah I sure hope it does become possible, i assume there's gonna be some kind of proper SDK for UT3 soon :D

BattleMode
01-25-2008, 08:30 PM
Really? Yay! Yeah I sure hope it does become possible, i assume there's gonna be some kind of proper SDK for UT3 soon :D Actually UT3's development tools are excelent, I love UnrealScript in UT3. Not that big a fan of the UI Scene's but you cannot have everything.

†TYRANICK†™
01-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Oh? Yeah the UI could use soem work...

I was just wondering why it just seems a bit...slow these days with mods and maps mainly...Still waiting for things like the car laucher and the weapon and vehicle editors and stuff :)

Cogwork
01-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Any chance of this coming over to the ps3 please please pretty please!

{UR}Scorpion
01-27-2008, 10:08 AM
Update....

You lose "chat" or text message ability after a few waves and once that happens, does not come back until wave 11 is over.
Still have map error where it does not switch to the next one but you have to actually restart the server. Again, not happening very often and I haven't caught anything in the logs.
Added CustomUTv1a mutator. BattleRPG stopped working. Doesn't appear to be working properly with Invasion either. The waves cycle through before all the monsters are dead. Have since removed this and will post info on other thread as well.Requests...

Configurable points for a map win. Miss the bonus points for winning the map. I am assuming this would be RPG level.Looking really good. Thanks again!

{UR}Scorpion
01-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Update..... It appears as though CustomUT is a dead project right now. Just went through the thread and they indicated someone else might be picking it up but until then, it is what it is. :(

bagnino89
01-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Any chance of this coming over to the ps3 please please pretty please!

I quote, it will be a very nice thing.

BattleMode
01-27-2008, 02:07 PM
You lose "chat" or text message ability after a few waves and once that happens, does not come back until wave 11 is over. THis is not a BattleRPG problem, but a Galtanor's Invasion problem. Galtanor has solved this so his next release should fix this.

Configurable points for a map win. Miss the bonus points for winning the map. I will add this to my to do list.

BattleMode
01-27-2008, 02:11 PM
BadBoneCrusher told me German PC game magazine Gamestar has an article on BattleRPG in the 03/2008 issue (page 116).
http://bigbattleservers.com/downloads/brpg_mag.jpg

Bob_Gneu
01-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Thats really cool! congrats!

{UR}Scorpion
01-28-2008, 07:40 AM
Congrats! :D Well deserved! Awesome!

asutarosu
01-28-2008, 08:01 AM
congratulations :)

godmode0
01-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Im back for testing XD

godmode0
01-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Nico , look at next sreenshot

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8844/screenshot2812008232612cd7.jpg

Avalible RPG 4 ?????????? lmfao

is it not like 5 10 15 20 25 , etc ?

:D bug?

BattleMode
01-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Nico , look at next sreenshot

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8844/screenshot2812008232612cd7.jpg

Avalible RPG 4 ?????????? lmfao

is it not like 5 10 15 20 25 , etc ?

:D bug? That depends on how the server admin configures BattleRPG. You seem to be on a server which has my XE configuration and there Vampirism costs 5,7,9,...

Sevren
01-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Hello, I am having a bit of trouble with your mod. The game crashes as soon as I kill someone. Bots however, don't seem to have this problem. I am using the Galtanor's invasion version, but it still messes up, even in death match. I am on dial up, so I haven't patched the game yet, so that may have something to do with it.

MonsOlympus
01-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Well first off, great mutator you got going here :) finally got around to giving it a shot. I had a problem getting it to work at first, the scoreboard wasnt there and the L menu wasnt working (standalone game btw). I ended up getting it to work by putting both the .u and .upk in cookedPC\scripts so yeah thought you might want to check that out, I did try and put them both in cookedPC and not in scripts but that didnt work either :S

Anyways Ive noticed acouple of bugs!

1. Before the match starts and it says click to ready up, if you press L the money information on the screen is very incorrect especially if you've sold all. I managed to get -$45 hehe

2. would be, infinity impact hammer... why? lolz probably just an oversight :cool:

Anyways keep it up dude, this is good stuff ;)

scvn80
01-29-2008, 01:48 AM
I think why we don't make batleRPG like hellgate :
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c68/soulcaliburvn/hellgate2.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c68/soulcaliburvn/hellgate1.jpg
let's give ideas about this

BattleMode
01-29-2008, 04:34 AM
I think why we don't make batleRPG like hellgate: let's give ideas about this If I have 5 minutes of spare time somewhere I will try to add all this :D.

BattleMode
01-29-2008, 04:35 AM
I ended up getting it to work by putting both the .u and .upk in cookedPC\scripts so yeah thought you might want to check that out, I did try and put them both in cookedPC and not in scripts but that didnt work either :S Weird, I will look into this.

Before the match starts and it says click to ready up, if you press L the money information on the screen is very incorrect especially if you've sold all. I managed to get -$45 hehe I will look into this.

2. would be, infinity impact hammer... why? lolz probably just an oversight :cool: I will fix this.

Anyways keep it up dude, this is good stuff ;) Thank you, and thank you for your feedback.

BattleMode
01-29-2008, 04:36 AM
Hello, I am having a bit of trouble with your mod. The game crashes as soon as I kill someone. Bots however, don't seem to have this problem. I am using the Galtanor's invasion version, but it still messes up, even in death match. I am on dial up, so I haven't patched the game yet, so that may have something to do with it. You need UT3 1.1!

FYouFragU
01-29-2008, 04:59 AM
Are there any servers in the USA with people on playing this? The only one I ever see in the sever browser is overseas.

BattleMode
01-29-2008, 07:07 AM
Are there any servers in the USA with people on playing this? The only one I ever see in the sever browser is overseas. NIR_Meteor has a BattleRPG server in NY: http://nirmeteor.clanservers.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=38

{UR}Scorpion
01-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Are there any servers in the USA with people on playing this? The only one I ever see in the sever browser is overseas.
Yes, there are definitely a few. We have the lastest versions up of BattleRPG and Galtanor's running on our server. You can get the link from the signature. We are displaying under the DM server list.

Just a note on the warmup round is being run by default with the latest version of the files. If anyone wonders about this you can change it in your GaltanorsInvasion007.ini. I don't remember the exact flag but something like bWarmupRound=False. (Probably not remembering correctly but you will recognize it when you see it). Currently it is set to true. (Server)

HTM~Minion
01-30-2008, 12:08 PM

We have a Dallas based server at 72.29.117.197:7777 "HTM ]|[ Revolution" running BattleRPG and Galtanor's Invasion latest versions.

JUNGLIST MOVEMENT
01-31-2008, 03:57 AM
Are you playing on that Splash-Map ?
http://bigbattleservers.com/downloads/brpgv7_gal007.jpg

did someone convert that to a full fledged deathmatch map?
can i haz linky? :)

BananaXtreme
01-31-2008, 11:09 AM
CAN YOU OR SOMEONE ELS COOK IT FOR PS3 :o !! I REEEAAALY NEED THIS :D

instagibbed
01-31-2008, 01:15 PM
CAN YOU OR SOMEONE ELS COOK IT FOR PS3 :o !! I REEEAAALY NEED THIS :D
This question has been asked 100 times or more. It's not possible.

†TYRANICK†™
02-01-2008, 07:04 PM
This question has been asked 100 times or more. It's not possible.

Yes! pc pwns!

Dam i love this mod :D

godmode0
02-02-2008, 01:06 PM
We need new version vor galtanors 008 ::::)))))

Bedankt

†TYRANICK†™
02-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Hows progress on next version battle? Looking forward to buffing ma vehicles!

Say on that subject that gave me some what another linked idea.

-Player/AI specific buffs

For example you purchase say...a "tank" health buff and it boosts it to say 825 from 800 each level, how about making it so its whenever you get into a tank it receives that buff you just purchased, same goes for AI (if they've purchased that how ever many times)

Also we need other ways to erm $ or w/e it is, because after a while having to get 100+ kills for 1 level takes a while. How about cash bonuses for "M-M-M-MONSTER - KIL-KIL-KILL" and the several stages of Killing sprees/rampage etc?

Oh and the health still seems to stay capped to 199 :(, here's a quick list of "its speaks for it self" suggestions:

-Remove health cap
-Vehicle specific buffs
-Remove shield belt cap so we can buff that, or % of armour pieces etc.
-Buyable shields or armour buffs for vehicles!

(Maybe a custom bar indicating some kind of damage resistance say 5/10/15 up to say...70% for normal/light vehicles, 50% for heavy vehicles and maybe 30% for "Super" vehicles...such as leviathan and or DW if you were to do armour) or just some shield rating, eg 10% of health value up to a massive 50% or something of shield power :D

-More weapon customisation options:

For example as well as (or a replacement for) the little +3 dmg and +10% speed bonus's...how about adding in another mini leveling system for the weapons (Per kill ratio) and say after every 5 levels we can get things like...bigger redeemer explosion radious...more rockets in multi built up...bigger badder nasty more epic shock combo effects etc, maybe either due to both level and mana (for example...level 5 artifact...level 10 artifact etc) would be cool to have an Avril be upgraded to be something similar to the cicida's multi missile thing, but maybe less power and only very limited usage (for example some kind of "recharge" bar for balance)...only for example Ofc

And yeah all other things i suggested :D

But if you were to just add vehicle buffs in the next version, that would keep me satisfied!

godmode0
02-19-2008, 09:57 AM
So this rpg is dead or did i miss the v8 topic nico ?? :D

I m waiting for update!! cant play with latest galtanor ...

And invasion without RPG is like a S L U T with small titty's

BattleMode
02-19-2008, 07:58 PM
So this rpg is dead or did i miss the v8 topic nico ?? :D

I m waiting for update!! cant play with latest galtanor ...

And invasion without RPG is like a S L U T with small titty's The V8 thread: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=601480

iRk
02-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Wow grat job man... very very cool

Kaim
02-25-2008, 02:36 AM
Is this working on the PS3 ???

Mr_kapow
02-25-2008, 02:59 AM
i no its not possible to work on ps3...

BUT THERE MUST BE A WAY?!!!!

†TYRANICK†™
02-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Still as good as ever! Still major feature which needs to be added:

-Buyable custom weapons (for example the ripper, freeze ray, sentinal etc) and be able to tie it too a key, mainly so we dont have to use weapon replacement all the time :)

Rhykker
06-01-2008, 02:05 PM
This mod is great, but I seem to have a problem that someone may have brought up earlier, regarding choppiness.

I've been testing out the mod on singleplayer, with as few as three bots, and after 5-10 minutes, the game gets increasingly choppy. My FPS don't seem to change (stat fps still shows a consistent, average FPS), but it started to feel like the game was progressing at 5-10 FPS. Eventually, the choppiness renders the game unplayable.

I don't know why this is happening, or why it develops like a disease, becoming progressively worse. Is it because of scripts calculating XP and levels and tracking abilities and whatnot? The match starts off great, really enjoying the mod, then it just feels like the FPS keep going down and down...

BattleMode
06-01-2008, 02:48 PM
It should not do that, are you using any other mods or special settings?

hellfire1
06-01-2008, 03:13 PM
does this work on the ps3, if not can you cook it for the ps3 as i am intrested in it

Rhykker
06-01-2008, 04:10 PM
It should not do that, are you using any other mods or special settings?
I've always had the Kills Slow Time mutator enabled, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

I don't have the best PC - I run the game on lower graphics settings and get about ~40 FPS during heated battles, but it's still very playable. The only time my FPS really takes a serious hit is on big warfare maps when there are numerous vehicles and twenty or so people on screen, and even then it's probably down to about 20 FPS.

The only thing I can possibly think of is that as the BattleRPG game progresses, maybe more and more memory is being used up to keep track of XP, special abilities, etc? Because it's not like more players or other polygons are being continuously added throughout play... And again, it's strange that my FPS remains at about 40, but is choppy enough to be at 10 or so.

The Ant
06-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I've always had the Kills Slow Time mutator enabled, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

I don't have the best PC - I run the game on lower graphics settings and get about ~40 FPS during heated battles, but it's still very playable. The only time my FPS really takes a serious hit is on big warfare maps when there are numerous vehicles and twenty or so people on screen, and even then it's probably down to about 20 FPS.

The only thing I can possibly think of is that as the BattleRPG game progresses, maybe more and more memory is being used up to keep track of XP, special abilities, etc? Because it's not like more players or other polygons are being continuously added throughout play... And again, it's strange that my FPS remains at about 40, but is choppy enough to be at 10 or so.

Yeah that's what's doing it.

I remember the UT2004 RPG mod doing that eventually as well.

ShadowOnTheSun
06-02-2008, 08:43 PM
This could become really huge :D

drjacobs
06-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Could you make a separate mod with just the ranking system? The RPG is cool, but a lot of people don't like that many changes to the original game. However, I think there are many people that would love the ranking system on their servers. I think it would increase the online community.

BattleMode
06-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Could you make a separate mod with just the ranking system? The RPG is cool, but a lot of people don't like that many changes to the original game. However, I think there are many people that would love the ranking system on their servers. I think it would increase the online community. Hm, interesting idea, will give that some thought.