PDA

View Full Version : UT3 causing system to freeze

JakeTheSnake126
01-21-2008, 04:27 AM
i AM able to connect to servers ...its just that a lot of times my system will freeze when its loading up the map ... it happens more often than it should ...any advice would be much appreciated

ThEGr33k
01-21-2008, 04:38 AM
Here look at this (http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=587272&page=29) thread mate. Lots of people having very similar issues. Does it do it in game at all? Mine has done it on loading once but has done it LOTS in game. mostly when going through a portal, getting in a vehicle or spawning. :mad:

dangerpaki
01-21-2008, 02:11 PM
i am having the same problem.
game used to work all tight but now suddenly today i started the game and the game is just acting weird.

it takes a long time before the server browser finds any servers. and after i click on on of them to play it just starts loading the map and then after that while loading the system hangs. and the rotating ut logo loops in two consecutive frames back and forth.

hitting CTRL + ALT + DEL is fine but i get memory errors most of the time. i'll try re-installing the game later on.

furthermore the performance on my system is kind of poor.
running on a C2D e4500@3Ghz with 2GB of ram, and a HD3850 in vista
everything @high settings and resolution @1440x900 with FOV@100

but this crash problem is getting me annoyed really. epic used to deliver great products but this time they just screwed it to be honest.