View Full Version : CTF-Bloxeh

dark_elf
12-22-2007, 05:51 AM
1. Name: CTF-Bloxeh

2. Version: Complete

3. Compatibility: UT3

4. Description: Remake of ut2k4's CTF-Bloxeh

5. Comments: As said in description its a remake of ut2k4's ctf-Bloxeh
New textures, redid bsp, added bot support, lighting, and weapon pick-ups and health pickups for those interested in playing map as regular ctf instead of instigib (map is primarily for instigib)

6. Credits: Fred for making the original map for ut2k4, dark_elf(me) for remaking it.. and for epic for such a better unreal editor!

7. Download:

http://files.filefront.com/CTF+Bloxeh/;9866139;/fileinfo.html

8. Screen shots(also another download location)
http://www.utzone.de/include.php?path=content/download.php&contentid=6538

AnubanUT2
12-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Nice remake ... I always enjoyed the original level back in UT2K4. In fact when I first heard about this remake I went back and played the UT2K4 version to get myself ready to see this new updated one. Thanks alot for the level and for adding more content for us to play with. :)

ExTerminat0r
12-22-2007, 11:33 AM
That looks very nice actually. Bloxeh was one of my most played maps in UT2k4 so thank you for remaking it.

Seven_Force
12-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Nice job Dark Elf. The map could have used some spicing up IMO, just some eye candy or something because it looks a little plain. I gave it 4 stars. Only problem I noticed was the floor seems to be shimmering? Is this on purpose? I shot at the shimmery floor, thinking maybe it was VERY shallow water-- didn't see any splashes. Is that a mistake on your part then? Also, there's no screenshot for it in the menu.

Very good work though, we need more quality CTF maps pronto.

dark_elf
12-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Only problem I noticed was the floor seems to be shimmering? Is this on purpose? I shot at the shimmery floor, thinking maybe it was VERY shallow water-- didn't see any splashes. Is that a mistake on your part then? Also, there's no screenshot for it in the menu.

Yes I having many issues with the floor material and couldn't solve them and had to go to a material that was second on my list to match the theme of map

Wanted to go with a material in hu floors but came out with more errors every time i tried to make it work and no one seemed to have a solution for me..

But that material is suppose to look that way.. its called something wet.. it wouldn't be to hard to edit its properties to get rid of the wet look to it but I thought It looked alright.

Thx for the comments!

Seven_Force
12-22-2007, 11:58 AM
I will definitely donwload it again if you make any fixes, which brings me to a question. Downloading custom maps is new to me and I'm wondering: Hypothetically, if you made some changes to your map which I have already downloaded once, what's the easiest way to get the new version?

Do you mappers keep the file name exactly the same? Hence, I could just download the file again and unzip the pack to the correct place as before? Would the new extracted files just overwrite the old version of your map then?

dark_elf
12-22-2007, 12:01 PM
its not there perfered way to over write the old map a lot of people add the final tag or some weird tag to the end of map so people dling it from server don't get a mismatch error if they got the old version.

But I do recall hearing someone mention that ut3 has a feature for mappers to update maps very easily. not sure how it works though.

Seven_Force
12-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Hmmm. So how do I get new versions of maps then? What do YOU do? Delete the old maps files altogether? If a map has multiple files in the custom games folder, which most do, it would be bothersome to hunt them all down and remove them. What do you do when you download a new version then?

dark_elf
12-22-2007, 12:29 PM
replace the old? ?

Just keep stacking up all versions into the same published folder.. and keep an eye out for new releases?

If the mappers organize the packages for the maps in a zip with the right directories like I did all you will have to do is click over wright all.

b0b7h3r1pp3r
12-22-2007, 03:10 PM
@Seven_Force: I don't know why it would be hard to locate the files...If you've been smart, UT3 allows you to create folders within Published for each map and that's what you should be doing. Without that the folder will get very cluttered

Seven_Force
12-22-2007, 03:20 PM
I've just been unzipping them to "custom maps."