PDA

View Full Version : rain

ZixXer
12-20-2007, 05:52 PM
hi
i wanna make a emmiter rain

can any one tell me how to let the rain down and after it comes down and hitting the floor to make it like it splaters.

so what i need to know is on the place of inpackt on the floor how to change the emiter texture.

becaus the rain in the coret map is like ut99 BAD

thanks for any help.

ShadeMistress
12-20-2007, 06:50 PM
The only things I can think of is to make a second emitter or system (if you are going to have the rain on varied heights) for rain splatter.

The other is to make a Collision Module and use a Size/Velocity Module to make the rain "bounce" up off of the ground. Just set the damping factor for z to something like .5 or .25, depnding on how hard the rain is hitting the ground.

Mickey
12-21-2007, 03:12 AM
Shade, you scare me with your brilliance.... everyone.... listen...

ZixXer
12-21-2007, 06:19 AM
The only things I can think of is to make a second emitter or system (if you are going to have the rain on varied heights) for rain splatter.

The other is to make a Collision Module and use a Size/Velocity Module to make the rain "bounce" up off of the ground. Just set the damping factor for z to something like .5 or .25, depnding on how hard the rain is hitting the ground.

i know i can do that but i want to make the rain to change in a smoke kind of thing. at the point of inpact. and i want it to be exact the same rain and splater on same spot becaus otherways it looks so silly. (the first thing u said will work i know but i want to make it look more real.