PDA

View Full Version : Relics[Alpha] Release

Lord_Buggy
12-18-2007, 09:14 PM
1. Name: Relics
2. Version: Alpha 1.0
3. Compatibility: UT3
4. Description: You get a random Relic at spawn, which is one of the following.

Speed Relic - You go 1.5 times as fast and jump 1.5 times as high as you normally would.
Regen Relic - Heals 5 per second up to 30 health above Max Health.
Vampire Relic - You get healed for doing damage, 40 % of damage dealt.
Defense Relic - You only get dealt half damage.
Berserk Relic - You deal twice as much damage.
Spirit Relic - Stops you from dying once, makes you drop the flag, but keep all other goodies.
Vengeance Relic - When you die, you die in a grand Deemer style explosion.

5. Comments: Works offline, doesn't work with vehicles yet.

Still needs HUD icons, random pickup instead of getting one at spawn, random pickup meshes, ability to drop a Relic if random pickup.

To change occurance of a relic, edit the UTRelics.ini file under [Relics.MutRelics] and change one of the lines, either by deleting, or adding a line or replacing a reference.

6. Screenshot: None currently, feel free to make me some, mine look like doom - 10.
7. Credits: Me.
8. Homepage: None
9. Download: http://3615tavie.free.fr/stuff/Wulff/Relics.rar

.u File goes in

My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Script

.ini file goes in

My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

CVROY
12-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Any bugs that you noticed?

Lord_Buggy
12-19-2007, 12:16 PM
No bugs, apart from that they only work on foot right now, which in it itself is not a bug, but a lack of coding it.

MasterB
12-21-2007, 05:49 PM
I must be missing something. What do the Relics look like? I didn't see them but I'm seeing the explosions so it must be working. I installed correctly.

Lord_Buggy
12-22-2007, 08:56 PM
They don't look like anything yet, no models for them currently. I do have a modeller working on it. You get a random relic at spawn, there is a text message, to tell you which one you got. There is also a text message telling you when a relic's effect is being applied.

SPTX
12-23-2007, 05:13 AM
can we have art works?

Madmanxan
12-23-2007, 07:41 AM
does this vengeance relic explosion actually kill ppl? cos in UT2004 the relic of vengeance was lame how it exploded awesomely but didnt inflict an ounce of damage...

Phoenix86
12-23-2007, 09:38 AM
sounds sexy

Lord_Buggy
12-23-2007, 05:47 PM
No artwork yet, maybe some renders in a couple of days though.

does this vengeance relic explosion actually kill ppl? cos in UT2004 the relic of vengeance was lame how it exploded awesomely but didnt inflict an ounce of damage...

It sure does plenty of damage, play a cramped dm map with only the relic of vengeance and watch the fireworks. You can also use the relic of vengeance to blow up a barricade. Playing kamikaze with the relic is certainly an option in Warfare. Just put a ';' in front of the line containing the relic name you wish to disable, inside the UTRelics.ini file. IE:

[Relics.MutRelics]
;Relics=Relics.VampireRelic
;Relics=Relics.BerserkRelic
;Relics=Relics.DefenseRelic
;Relics=Relics.SpeedRelic
;Relics=Relics.SpiritRelic
;Relics=Relics.RegenRelic
Relics=Relics.VengeanceRelic

The_wolf27
12-29-2007, 07:00 PM
ok then lord buggy i have try you mutator and the issues are just models,maybe too sounds...repetitive... and the relics are differents of you posts:

-vengeance
-thorn
-agility
-speed
-indulgence
-invisibility

it's all.

I'm sure,with more works and more times,you can create a really good job about that :p you're in the good way.

Lord_Vile
04-02-2008, 05:51 PM
The old Quake2 relics used to display an icon on your HUD indicating the type of relic you had.
It'd be cool if the UT3 relics had that as well. :D

The Q2 relics were really awesome. :)
There was only one of each relic type in play and they were droppable items so you could share them with your team mates.
(Ex. Give the flag carrier the speed or regen, and give the defenseman guarding your flag the increased damage or sheilds, etc.)

Mr.UglyPants
04-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Wow, amazing bump here Lord_Vile, really not needed. Since its obvious this mod is dead.

JD8
04-06-2008, 10:33 AM
There is already a relics mod, we are using it on our server right now. It has icons and the relics spawn all over the map. The only problem with it is the guy who created the mod didn't make cool icons, they seem rather generic. The vengence explosion even knocks people down far from the point of explosion.

A_Muppet
04-08-2008, 02:45 PM
Just to voice my opinion on some of the relics' stats: Compared to the defence and Beserk, Speed, Regen and especially vampric doesn't really seem very good-maybe try 1.75 for the speed, 10 health a second for the regen (a la UT98) and 60-75% for the vampric?

MasterB
04-11-2008, 10:34 AM
They don't look like anything yet, no models for them currently. I do have a modeller working on it. You get a random relic at spawn, there is a text message, to tell you which one you got. There is also a text message telling you when a relic's effect is being applied.

I still don't understand.
How can you have a Relic mutator with no relics?
When I play this, I see no relics. How can I use them or know what I have if I can't see them?