PDA

View Full Version : CTF-TwinsAKAFace (CTF-FACE rebuild) ALMOST DONE-v095, SURPRISE ADDED

centerer
12-16-2007, 12:18 PM
as stated here
http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=592527
i'm doing an exact rebuild of the old CTF-Face map from Cedric 'Inoxx' Fiorentino.

it's my first map ever for UT so don't expect anything from it. it's an exact copy of ctf-face. that's what i wanted to do. a new version with ut3 features and other cool stuff will follow.

i just finished my first playable version. it's far from finished but you can play it and have a little old school ctf-face feeling!

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1686/twins1yn8.th.jpg (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=twins1yn8.jpg)http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5825/twins2tf5.th.jpg (http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=twins2tf5.jpg)http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3985/twins3cj6.th.jpg (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=twins3cj6.jpg)

some "on-top-of-the-tower" bot action ;)
http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/7387/twins4vl8.th.jpg (http://img86.imageshack.us/my.php?image=twins4vl8.jpg)
UPDATE v0.95:
redone the whole pathing. bots are able to go on top of the towers and kill you with the sniper rifle! :) (had to rebuild some bsp in the basments)
added colored flames.
fixed the "see-the-other-base-entrance-from-my-entrance" bug

still to come: sounds, maybe space rotation.

download NEW VERSION 0.95 here: http://rapidshare.com/files/80690660/CTF-TwinsAKAFace-v095.zip.html

SURPRISE
download SPECIAL VERSION 0.95RS here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/81034041/CTF-TwinsAKAFace-v095RS.zip.html

i can't show you on pictures what i added... but it's gonna eat some CPU-Time ;) --> the whole space is rotating and the SUN CASTS DYNAMIC SHADOWS!! RS = Rotating and Sun
it runs perfectly on my pc... well dunno about others. please test it and say if you like it.

EDIT: new version, Surprise added

Jagnot
12-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Screen shots please?

Hmm, Looks pretty good. The bases look nice, but the expanse in between them is really, really bland. While I understand it's a remake of the original, I think if you spice it up it'll draw more people in. ;)

EDIT: Is TwinsAKAFace going to be its final name..?

zidane01970
12-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Eh, it was a good attempt, but terrain is your friend. I am unsure how they did the walls of the floating island in the original, i'd recommend static cliffs from "UN" packages. Then do a Terrain on top. Add some more details to the two towers, added static walls perhaps to add a bit of flare. Then I would say to add Starry Backgrounds and so on, floating asteroids, maybe a whirlpool of stars thinger. Don't get me wrong, not bad, but it's a tad too simple for my taste.

revel911
12-16-2007, 12:41 PM
It's a good start......

revel911
12-16-2007, 12:48 PM
Eh, it was a good attempt, but terrain is your friend. I am unsure how they did the walls of the floating island in the original, i'd recommend static cliffs from "UN" packages. Then do a Terrain on top. Add some more details to the two towers, added static walls perhaps to add a bit of flare. Then I would say to add Starry Backgrounds and so on, floating asteroids, maybe a whirlpool of stars thinger. Don't get me wrong, not bad, but it's a tad too simple for my taste.

Everyone of your suggestions would bring this map to a new level.

You need to fix your bot paths, so they use the portals. The only time I saw a bot use a portal was he was chasing me through a portal when I had the flag.

woooo
12-16-2007, 01:56 PM
it looks too ut99ish to me

centerer
12-16-2007, 04:04 PM

thanks for the compliment! that's exactly what i wanted it to be! :D

you're absolutely right! i'll do all that stuff in my next map. the "new" face map. this is just the real old ctf-face map, and that's what it should be. blocky, ugly, dirty and nothing special at all.

the name isn't final yet. but i think CTF-Twins will be reserved for the new one i'll going to create (with terrain, a lot of static meshes, maybe weather effects, etc.). this one is only a quick and dirty ripoff to have fun with. i have some great memories connected with ctf-face. :rolleyes:

i know about the teleporter/path issue... atm i don't know how to fix that. never saw a bot on top of any tower...

zidane01970
12-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Ah, I see now. The one I was thinking of was 2004 I think. Honestly, I love Space-Maps, any map that takes place in space is good on my watch. xD

SLGDon
12-16-2007, 05:06 PM
i think trying to add all those things to it screws it up
keep it just like 99=)

revel911
12-16-2007, 09:35 PM
i think trying to add all those things to it screws it up
keep it just like 99=)

I can't wait to see an updated version, but I am glad teh original was also made.

Odd1in
12-16-2007, 10:46 PM
First, I'd like to thank you for the map. We're an old UT99 lowgrav clan making a comeback in reg grav and low... the map has some issues though:

On the ramp in some places you can't dodge off the edge as if there's an invisable wall.

When you fall off the map in low grav you don't die, you have to "tab" in "suicide" or have a bind.

We are looking forward to the finished map.

Thanks again

}MLB{clan

b0b7h3r1pp3r
12-17-2007, 03:49 AM
well i dont know if i should say good work since this one probably didn't take a whole lot of work haha, but if you do a remake that looks good then all the CTF low grav instagib fans will absolutely love you (I being one of those people :) )

centerer
12-17-2007, 11:29 AM
thanks guys. the final version will be the same as the old one (hopefully).
but i need some time to look into the animation of things (rotating meteorite, etc.)

On the ramp in some places you can't dodge off the edge as if there's an invisable wall.

When you fall off the map in low grav you don't die, you have to "tab" in "suicide" or have a bind.

i know the invisible wall bug... i'll try to fix that. i didn't define a killzone that's why the suicide bug appears. the whole map is in one big bsp atm. i can fix that easily.

btw i spend almost 30 hours until now... but i'm a complete noob (first time ever) in the Unreal Editor, so that's why it took so long. :)

darkyautja
12-17-2007, 11:58 AM
thanks guys. the final version will be the same as the old one (hopefully).
but i need some time to look into the animation of things (rotating meteorite, etc.)

i know the invisible wall bug... i'll try to fix that. i didn't define a killzone that's why the suicide bug appears. the whole map is in one big bsp atm. i can fix that easily.

btw i spend almost 30 hours until now... but i'm a complete noob (first time ever) in the Unreal Editor, so that's why it took so long. :)

Take your time dude , it ' s a goodstart;)

|Undead2k|
12-17-2007, 02:45 PM
Going by the screenshot alone I think this is the best remake of a classic level that I have seen so far. It looks almost identical to UT99 which is good thing imo.

Keep up the good work :D

FreakyNipples69
12-17-2007, 03:13 PM
It's great seeing people attempting to bring back an old classic in it's original form. Please keep at it and once it's in better shape, I am definitively going to download it.

Odd1in
12-17-2007, 05:35 PM
keep up the good work... we'll play around the bugs until it's finished

encor
12-17-2007, 07:38 PM
i took the liberty of adding a quick killzone so i can play it while you finish this :p

centerer
12-19-2007, 01:24 PM
thanks for your support!

i didn't had much time the last few days. but i just uploaded an updated version. added some lights and some other very little tiny tweaks.

it's still far from finished, i need more time to do the space rotation etc.

if you find any bugs or modified the map yourself, please post it here so i can fix it or take a look at it :)

thanks!

gospastic
12-20-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm glad you're making this :) With UT3 being a lot like the original UT with only the dodgejump and no crazy acrobatics or anything and the return of piston/enforcers and a good sniper rifle, this should play exactly like CTF-Face in the original UT did, which i'm very excited about!

It never really worked in 2004 because of how the game was designed for speed/movement/weapons but i really do think this will be a blast :D I'll get to work on downloading pretty much as soon as you stick the skybox in and do your other little tweaks/adjustments. I just really hope some servers run this (and hopefully some other classic UT maps aswell)!

MikeDamrat
12-22-2007, 01:43 PM
This is pretty well done! I downloaded the newly updated beta and have been LANing it with a buddy of mine for some old school fun. I can't wait to see it finished (although I'd really like to see someone do a more UT3 updated version, with better terrain and textures and such).

Some notes:
-The bots didn't seem to do much more than zerg rush, even on Defensive, they didn't snipe or anything. In the original UT99 map, there was plenty of bot camping when they were on defensive.
-I also noticed the bots getting stuck in some kind of teleporter loop, where they repeatedly rapidfire teleport to the same spot over and over again
-Some of the textures flicker an awful lot (I don't know **** about making maps, so I don't know what that is a symptom of)

Other than that, it feels just like the original map. Please keep up the good work and finish it up! <3

centerer
12-29-2007, 01:19 PM
updated to a new version!

never had that texture flickering... anyone else?

AnubanUT2
12-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Wow man ... I don't know how I missed this remake ... thanks for doing this. Its cool to have an exact remake as well as these new interpretations ... I love the comparisons. I wish someone would do an exact remake of Face3 but use a Necris theme but otherwise exactly the same ... EXACTLY.

centerer
12-29-2007, 01:28 PM
np! I loved that map so much i had to start making it, although i had absolute no clue about the UT3 Editor :) but learning by doing is the way.

hmm face3... i think i missed that one? do you have some screenshots or a link to the map?

AnubanUT2
12-29-2007, 02:07 PM
np! I loved that map so much i had to start making it, although i had absolute no clue about the UT3 Editor :) but learning by doing is the way.

hmm face3... i think i missed that one? do you have some screenshots or a link to the map?

Face3 comes with UT2K4 ... so no link sorry. Don't have any screenshots of that map ... maybe someone else. Buffy usually has a ton of screenshots of every map in the last 5 years ... I would ask her if you don't have Ut2K4. The theme is an Anuban/Egyptian one and the map is twice as big as the original Face. :)

NightEye
12-29-2007, 03:06 PM

Thank you for coming up with this map, because so far this is the only Face remake that is worth playing because it at least feels as good as face. Are you going to make a very similar version, but with a slightly updated look and more polygons?

still to come: better bot pathing, sounds!

Have you added a defensive spot at the top of the tower, so bots will snipe? I just played the new version, and you definitely need to add some defensive nodes, so the bots know to guard the flag area. The bots are not even using the portals, but you probably know that.

Was the back of the building where you spawn always so close to the back of the asteroid?

D-Hunter
12-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Looks good, but the asteroid is way too low-poly. Look at CTF-FaceClassic from UT2k4 to see what I mean. And don't tell me that "oh, the UT99 one was much better", the gameplay is the same on both maps, it's just that the UT2k4 one looks much better.

AnubanUT2
12-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Looks good, but the asteroid is way too low-poly. Look at CTF-FaceClassic from UT2k4 to see what I mean. And don't tell me that "oh, the UT99 one was much better", the gameplay is the same on both maps, it's just that the UT2k4 one looks much better.

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by woooo View Post

thanks for the compliment! that's exactly what i wanted it to be!"

And I have to say that I think it looks great ... especially the towers ... this perfectly captures the spirit of the original ... what a really outstanding job. This is the perfect compliment to the extreme nature of CTF-Twisted-FacePro ... my only thing is the ground looks to unnaturally geometric with super sharp angles so I have to agree with D-Hunter ... now I would definitely work to improve how that looks but the rest is perfect for what you are trying to accomplish from where I am sitting. :D

NightEye
12-29-2007, 09:31 PM

I think he is planning on on making an updated looking one later, but gave us this one to satisfy us Face fanatics.

b0b7h3r1pp3r
12-30-2007, 02:50 AM
I don't understand why half the posters do not read the initial post!! he says that it is an exact copy of the original with nothing better!! How many people are going to complain about texture quality :P...just try to view this as a custom map for ut99 and judge it that way people jeez

centerer
12-30-2007, 03:30 AM
just do it yourself. as b0b7h3r1pp3r wrote it's my goal to do it this way.

Face3 comes with UT2K4 ... so no link sorry. Don't have any screenshots of that map ... maybe someone else. Buffy usually has a ton of screenshots of every map in the last 5 years ... I would ask her if you don't have Ut2K4. The theme is an Anuban/Egyptian one and the map is twice as big as the original Face. :)
i own UT2K4 :) i'll take a look at this and maybe also doing a rip-off. but first i would like to try doing an ut3 style face map as NeoGzus did. but a little different. have some fancy ideas ;)

... Have you added a defensive spot at the top of the tower, so bots will snipe? I just played the new version, and you definitely need to add some defensive nodes, so the bots know to guard the flag area. The bots are not even using the portals, but you probably know that.

Was the back of the building where you spawn always so close to the back of the asteroid?
i placed defensive nodes at the same spot as in the ut99 map... but i know the problem. i'm gonna try some kismet foo. maybe i can add a trigger (there's a trigger on the roof top in ut99, didn't find out what it is for.) or similar to get the bots upstairs.
the back is near the edge, especially behind the red tower.

gospastic
12-30-2007, 05:47 AM
This is a really awesome remake, thanks for doing it. I wasn't a very big fan of the CTF-Face remake for UT2004 it felt pretty off when they changed the scale of it for the game, and the egyptian one was just way too big to be fun. This is perfect because it's not too big but not too small and everythings focused on action, it's absolutely brilliant.

I also tried this with 32 players and the massacre mutator (gives bonuses for killing sprees, headshots etc), UT3 RPG (lets you purchase abilities like regenerating health, vampirism and increasing firing rate) and that third person action cam and the combo of this map and those 3 mutators was absolutely awesome. I just wish there was a server running this map 24/7 and those mutators (hell doesn't even have to have action cam just the other 2 will do) that was actually populated and it would be the best ever. I really hope the online community picks up soon because even playing this on UT'99 the other day just wasn't as awesome as it is in UT3.

ColdfireRik
12-30-2007, 11:48 AM
GREAT!!!! Gonna have a kinda LAN-Party tomorrow or the day after tomorrow so that'll be great!! xD

NightEye
12-30-2007, 12:27 PM
I do really miss those colored flames, not that I look at the 2k3 version.

-tolga-
12-30-2007, 02:21 PM
yeah finally the original face for UT3 !!!

gospastic
12-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Well I am going to post a series of pics ... the first ones are of Faceclassic which is really pretty much dead on like Face
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/AnubanUT2/faceremake/faceclassicterrain3.jpg

I am so glad he went with the original Face and not this one. Seriously this one was absolutely terrible and completely ruined what was so good about Face in the first place. The guy who's made CTF-TwinsAKAFace has already said he wanted to do an exact copy of the original Face anyways so why go on about doing something different when he said that's not what he's trying to do? One of the main problems with your version of face was that everything was bigger, it ruined the fun completely. The paths were too wide and bumpy, the hill of the paths wasn't as high any more, and the distance was too long. The main flow of the map comes from that route in the middle and it was completely screwed up in the UT2004 version and that's why nobody played it. Who cares if it looks more modern when the gameplay is ten steps back from the original.

NeoGzus
12-30-2007, 08:41 PM
where u the guy who had my TwistedFACE along with the CLASSIC FACE in rotation on the server? If so, I hated when it changed from twisted to the 20% done classic(no music, no stars or planets) it's a good recreation of bases and all tho.
good to see there's improvements coming, so I wouldn't mind if it changed to that map now.

NightEye
12-30-2007, 08:53 PM
where u the guy who had my TwistedFACE along with the CLASSIC FACE in rotation on the server? If so, I hated when it changed from twisted to the 20% done classic(no music, no stars or planets) it's a good recreation of bases and all tho.
good to see there's improvements coming, so I wouldn't mind if it changed to that map now.

I do think you two could get together and figure out who to get those freaking bots to snipe.

NightEye
12-30-2007, 09:13 PM
I was trying to show him what was so wrong with his terrain and I think I did that pretty successfully. I have seen the original and its terrain is not that flat and unnatural looking nor is the chasm that close to the bases. Maybe this is not exactly to scale of the original but for what I was trying to get across I am pretty confident I made my point. I will post pics of the actual original later. This and the agony remake have convinced me that I definitely need to have the originals to reference from. Thanks for your post ... it was the slap in the face I needed to get off my ass and go and get the Anthology with UT99 in it.

Not the Anthology................NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! !!!!!!!!!

AnubanUT2
12-30-2007, 09:29 PM
^^^ It's the only way I can quickly and easily get UT99 and I am tired of not having the exact copy and people biting my head and me not being able to say anything back because they are correct. So yeah I am walking out the door after I submit this post. Later.

NightEye
12-30-2007, 09:32 PM
^^^ It's the only way I can quickly and easily get UT99 and I am tired of not having the exact copy and people biting my head and me not being able to say anything back because they are correct. So yeah I am walking out the door after I submit this post. Later.

Anuban, you got PWNed. JK, for some reason my copy of UT99 doesn't even work, and not a scratch on the cd. I may have to go get it also.

AnubanUT2
12-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Well I stand 100% corrected and man am I glad I did get the original UT. The terrain is really like the way it is in the remake and even the chasm starting distances are correct so I already removed the posts I had with all the pics and the other one as well. I have to say that I think the newer terrain in UT2K4 really helped the map out in terms of the terrain looking more natural but this is definitely a more faithful remake. So hats off. It will be nice to also see a remake that has the UT3 terrain and updated textures but have everything else be the same. That would probably end up being the version that has the most overall appeal. Well at least now when I talk about the original maps I won't be talking out my ass.:o

Edit: Vista and UT99 do not get along well at all. If I had gotten it to actually play I'd have to use Software rendering in order to get stability (frames and general game) ... that bites. Oh well it is an old game and one I would not have if I didn't need to use it for reference material. That's why it is gonna be nice to have all these maps remade in UT3.

D-Hunter
12-31-2007, 02:17 AM
I don't understand why half the posters do not read the initial post!! he says that it is an exact copy of the original with nothing better!! How many people are going to complain about texture quality :P...just try to view this as a custom map for ut99 and judge it that way people jeez

Wow, are you serious?

centerer
12-31-2007, 05:03 AM
i messed around with the bot pathing and i finally got a bot sniping at me form the top!! :) but it happened only once.
i read a lot about bot pathing for UT2K4 but it looks like UT3 has changed a lot regarding pathing.
I try some more and maybe i got it right. i hope i can release a new version within a week. that should be 0.95 or even 1.0 depends how much time i find to tweak things around.

I do really miss those colored flames, not that I look at the 2k3 version.
I'll take a look at this. casting dynamic shadows would also be nice and i'm not really happy with the team color stuff...

NightEye
12-31-2007, 10:01 AM

I think everyone is looking for that perfect happy medium where it has teh exact gameplay and feel of UT99 with more polygons.

Jimmypwns
12-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Ohhhhhhh YEAH finally!

This is like omg this is like almost as cool as Xan! :cool:

marilol
01-01-2008, 05:01 AM
This map is great. I loved face classic and this is even better.

One thing that is weird though is that in the big gaps you can jump down the gap when touching the edge (in the red base, not the blue one) and you won't die, you can just walk around the edge. Bots keep getting stuck there.

Also i continuously find the bots i'm shooting at just jumping into the holes or off the asteroid?

And the worst bit is you can see from one base entrance to the other.

Oh yeah, bots do snipe, i had my head ripped off in adept like 20 times!!!

centerer
01-01-2008, 05:45 AM
One thing that is weird though is that in the big gaps you can jump down the gap when touching the edge (in the red base, not the blue one) and you won't die, you can just walk around the edge. Bots keep getting stuck there.

hmm...that's bad, i gonna try to fix that. dunno why that happens... :confused:

Also i continuously find the bots i'm shooting at just jumping into the holes or off the asteroid?

i think that's a pathing problem. have to redo the whole pathing anyway.

And the worst bit is you can see from one base entrance to the other.

i tweaked the BSP because of the bot behaving. but that's easy to fix. will be fixed in the next version.

centerer
01-02-2008, 08:31 AM
i updated to a new version.

the whole pathing is redone. i'm quite happy now how it works (tower sniping!). sometimes the bots still jump of the asteroid but not so often. dunno why.
i even had to rebuild some bsp in the basements of the towers. i had to tweak the teleporter position a lot. something is wrong when the teleporters are directly above each other.
i also added colored flames (blue, red)
and it's not possible to see from one entrance to the other anymore.

just a few things left for me and i'm happy with my rebuild of ctf-face. so stay tuned for the final version (well there won't much changes i think.. :) )

marilol
01-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Thank you so much, i will be hopefully hosting this on a listen server along with twisted face and the ripper mutator now!!!

Gareee
01-02-2008, 10:48 AM
is this new beta version available?

NightEye
01-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Can't wait to get home to try this out.

AnubanUT2
01-02-2008, 11:09 PM
This is really nice ... just played this level and the UT99 classic back to back and really I have to say excellent job on everything ... the incline felt just right and you seem to have gotten the peak of it on the spot. So really for me once you add in the spinning asteroid effect you are done and this will be a wonderfully authentic remake and ode to the original. Definitely looking forward to the final. :)

centerer
01-03-2008, 04:27 PM
ok, here it is... it's experimental, but you must try it. it's special i know but i think it doesn't look that bad!

added RS to the name... it stands for rotation and sun ... the sun is special... IT CASTS DYNAMIC SHADOWS! ;)

it works flawless on my rig... please test it on others. (i can't take my rig as reference; quadcore extrem, 4GB ram, 8800 GTX SLI)

Harmatia
01-03-2008, 04:34 PM
ok, here it is... it's experimental, but you must try it. it's special i know but i think it doesn't look that bad!

added RS to the name... it stands for rotation and sun ... the sun is special... IT CASTS DYNAMIC SHADOWS! ;)

it works flawless on my rig... please test it on others. (i can't take my rig as reference; quadcore extrem, 4GB ram, 8800 GTX SLI)

That sounds amazing. Downloading =)

centerer
01-03-2008, 04:42 PM
well maybe it's a bit too fast... :)
but i can change that within seconds. and it's far from perfect. i just tried it out and thought i should share it!

Harmatia
01-03-2008, 04:47 PM
That is simply amazing. Really adds to the immersion and probably fits the original level designers intentions; I can usually forget that I'm on an orbiting asteroid after I start playing, but with the sun fading and returning.... wow!

Great work, man. I like the old-school feel of this map, but I hope integrates an effect like this into their version. Do you think it would be possible to get the towers using dynamic shadows depending on the position of the sun? And it didn't seem like characters were casting dynamic shadows, which would be a cool feature as well.

Overall: jeeze, this is awesome. Can't wait to see this tweaked to perfection =)

AnubanUT2
01-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Wow ... this is really awesome ... you did a great job. Now all you have to do is two things imo and the level is ready to be released as RC1.

- Cut the rotation time down by a decent amount ... I would try 35% to start.

- Detach the floating floating rocks from the main asteroid because it looks completely wrong the way they spin along with the Main Asteroid ... it destroys the great effect you so carefully crafted. Actually now that you have this working I would just lose these extra little asteroids ... they aren't even in the original.

Looking forward to seeing this in the Final Releases forum. :)

NightEye
01-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Wow ... this is really awesome ... you did a great job. Now all you have to do is two things imo and the level is ready to be released as RC1.

- Cut the rotation time down by a decent amount ... I would try 35% to start.

- Detach the floating floating rocks from the main asteroid because it looks completely wrong the way they spin along with the Main Asteroid ... it destroys the great effect you so carefully crafted. Actually now that you have this working I would just lose these extra little asteroids ... they aren't even in the original.

We have a similar rotation with our Face, but with the amount of polygons we have, the lighting will KILL your FPS if we keep dynamic shadows on.

Phoenix86
01-03-2008, 07:03 PM
good quick classic face :)

centerer
01-04-2008, 02:54 AM
good quick classic face :)
yipee i did it!! :D

That is simply amazing. Really adds to the immersion and probably fits the original level designers intentions; I can usually forget that I'm on an orbiting asteroid after I start playing, but with the sun fading and returning.... wow!
Overall: jeeze, this is awesome. Can't wait to see this tweaked to perfection =)
thank you sir! :)

thanks dude!
it is too fast, i just realized that myself after the quick release. it will be slower. the asteroids are way off, you're right. it was leftover from the none rotating map and i thought i could be nice.

i think it needs some other tweaks. the weapons inside the buildings also apply the dynamic light from the sun... that shouldn't be. a sun beam is also off target and i would like the planet to be more shiny.

it would be cool if the asteroid with the two towers casts a dynamic shadow on the planet... but as far as i see that would not feel right. i faked the rotation on the asteroids own axis with the movement of the whole sky, so the shadow would be totally wrong. it shouldn't move "through" the planet it should stay there and rotating itself... maybe i can rotate the asteroid itself... but i think we just would fall of the ground :D

shall i stop working on the none rotating map? i'm not 100% sure about that... any comments? ideas? :)

AnubanUT2
01-04-2008, 03:30 AM
I think you should release it so we can see for ourselves and then be in a better position to give you proper feedback. :)

gospastic
01-04-2008, 05:30 AM
I just tried out the new map with the lighting and somehow you've managed to make it even better. Seriously this is awesome, thanks a lot for making it :)

I do have one very minor niggle and if you don't wish to change it that's fair enough because it's mostly down to personal preference, but the redeemer and sniper rooms feel a little bit too small and cramped when you come out the teleproters too them. Would it be maybe possible to extend the rooms back into the tower a little further so there's a bit more room once you come out of the teleporter? In particular the sniper rifle was a bit hard to spot at first because when you come through it's kinda to your left and behind you.

Other than that though, top-notch work.

We really need a ctf server dedicated to this map!!!!!

steveuk
01-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Excellent map thank you very much centerer.

Would you be able to have the face music as well ??

Found these two links for UT99 music,

http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/official/ut/utmusic.zip
http://files.filefront.com/UT99+Enhanced+Soundtrack/;3873147;/fileinfo.html

Don't know if this is possible or not.

Thanks,
Steve

NightEye
01-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Why was this remake given such a low rating? It does have lower graphics, yes, but it is a REMAKE.

I bumped you up a little Centerer. ;) You have done an amazing job.

Stranger_NL
01-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Just played the rotating thing: Runs perfect on my machine (Ati 2600, 2Ghz dual core, 3gb mem)

Overall the colors are really bright when the sun is right over the towers... but i guess it is supposed to do that ...
Come to think of it.. maybe for the UT3 version of this map an more night/day effect could be incorporated in this map. I see possibilities! :)

Xartic
01-22-2008, 04:37 PM
OMG Facing Worlds Classic! This is awesome! Would I be able to play this on my PS3 or is it only for PC?

MatRix_Ghost
01-22-2008, 04:39 PM
If you play with no translocators on, sometimes bots jump out of the map! This happens after they respawn and near the entrance of their base, not everytime, but often.

I play with instagib and no translocators.

Oh and the difficulty is Adept.

middlemaniac
01-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Please make a version for the ps3! I loved this map!!!

snookeis
01-24-2008, 06:01 PM
OMG! this was my favorite map on ut2k4... I love you so much right now......

I think I might cry :(

:D

seriously thank you. Right now your right next to santa on my list of awsome people!

Gareee
01-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Please make a version for the ps3! I loved this map!!!

How can you love it if you've only seen a screen shot or two?

Just buy a pc and the pc version, and you can play it all you like!

snookeis
01-24-2008, 07:46 PM
just like I said it was on ut2k4.

its a remake so the people who like the original are going to like this one.

also some people don't have enough money to upgrade their pc's just so they can play one game.

middlemaniac
01-24-2008, 08:27 PM
i cant afford a PC that would play UT3 good, and I have a ps3 already. I loved this map and 2004 and would like to play it again in UT3 on the PS3, so if it is possible, please cook a copy for ps3, thanks...

Xartic
01-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Yes, please cook one for PS3 if possible. Some of us cannot afford to upgrade a PC + buy the game again just to play a couple of custom maps. The PS3 community would greatly appreciate it :)

DSKEmilio
01-26-2008, 12:13 PM
twisted FACE Ultra is already out for PS3.. Why don't you try that?

Xartic
01-27-2008, 12:19 PM
twisted FACE Ultra is already out for PS3.. Why don't you try that?

It's not the same DSKEmilio. Me personally, I tried it and it's nice and all but honestly nothing will ever compare to the classic maps for UT99 :). I mean those maps are what made UT99 a fun game for so long. Hell I don't know how many times I've heard people say that it's dead and yet I still go on IRC and there are pugs being played, 9 years after.

snookeis
01-28-2008, 12:29 AM
yeah I agree the new twisted face is very nice and i'm thankful that it was cooked for ps3 but this map was and always will be my favorite UT map of all and this one looks basically identical. As always though its up to him wether or not he makes it for ps3. He already knows that were asking the rest is up to him. :)

/CPH\
01-28-2008, 01:51 AM
damn it lol!!! I just started recreating the same thing!!!! guess ill have to do something diffrent now (no point in two versions of the exact same thing).

I think ill just recreate the other version of Face from UT99.

NightEye
01-28-2008, 12:32 PM
Heck....... I am one of the creators of Twisted Face and I still put some time into this map. Like many of you, I am a huge fan of Face..... That's why I put time into Twisted Face.

Solidus187
02-01-2008, 08:33 AM
I can't wait for this map. As much as i love TwistedFace, i'm dying for the CLASSIC face feeling in UT3!

Metalpain
02-01-2008, 01:31 PM
The ps3 version is work in progress?

I play that map on ut99 and your conversion is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

GSX600F
02-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Oh man awesome! please go ahead and remake the other ut99 maps!! you did a fantastic job! you also keep the soze of the original map, nice!

GSX600F
02-12-2008, 09:24 PM
i want the final!! this reminds me soooo on the good old ut99 version! PS3*

Maccaspan
02-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Smegging brilliant! I love it! It's perfect!

Death_Masta187
02-24-2008, 02:09 AM
I really wish there was a way to take the old map files and upload them in the UE3 with out having to rebuilding the whole map... But for not being able to do that this is looking awesome!

Mickilla
02-24-2008, 02:37 AM
a little work in making the geometry of the level more intricate would really go a long way. there is a novel quality of it being an exact replica of the ut99 version, but that would all be for nothing if it isn't an EXACT copy. your other choice, and probably the better one, is to use the same layout for the map, but update it visually, just like epic has done with maps like coret, deck, and torlan. use nice textures and smooth out those rough edges. this could really become a masterpiece if you take the time to add quality to it.

ChaseMachine
02-26-2008, 10:24 AM
I knew someone would make this map for UT3, I am so happy. This is such an awesome map!

SyfeKS
05-20-2008, 03:07 PM
The ps3 version is work in progress?

I play that map on ut99 and your conversion is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

i have been playing the PS3 version... somebody has already cooked it.

Crypto64
07-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Here's the music for the level.

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmd9jdcjvmd

Crypto64
07-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Here's the music for the level.

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmd9jdcjvmd

P1X3LUS
04-13-2013, 05:44 PM