PDA

View Full Version : -No Home Dir Question ???

Kinsman
11-30-2007, 04:15 AM
Ok, i have read a fair bit of info about - no home dir, but it doesnt seem to apply to our server setup, so need a little help.

I installed the Ded Server to D/Games/UT3Full. This server runs fine, and rotates maps very nicely. It has NO home directory switch in the commandline, so i assume it is reading the MyDoc/UT3/UTGame/Config Dir for its Ini Info.

Good so far!

Now, copy the same files to other folders for other servers, say

D/Games/UT3-WAR and D/Games/UT3-CTF and where do they read their ini info from, the same My Docs as the original install? or from their own Default Location inside the folders?

The reason i ask is because these 2 servers WILL NOT rotate maps, no matter where i add the map rotation.

gazmanu
11-30-2007, 04:43 AM
The first server will be fine without the -nohomedir switch but you will need to use -nohomedir in the command line for both of the other servers they will then store their ini files in their own /UTGame/Config directories.

Kinsman
11-30-2007, 04:48 AM
Ah, thankyou very much, i was wondering why the additional Map Cycles in My Docs kept dissappearing!

flak.pt
11-30-2007, 06:41 AM
Dont forget you can add -GameINI= to the commandline for a different server. I configured 3 servers to run from the base folder, dont want to use My Docs. I created a subfolder in UTGame\Config called "flak", and all the servers have on the commandline -nohomedir -GameINI=..\UTGame\Config\flak\server1.ini. The "..\" before is because the bat file is inside the binaries folder.

Kinsman
11-30-2007, 06:57 AM
So because all my servers have their own directories, would it look like this?

-nohomedir -GameINI=..\UTGame\Config\DefaultGame.ini

our bat files reside in the binaries folder as well.

flak.pt
11-30-2007, 07:37 AM
So because all my servers have their own directories, would it look like this?

-nohomedir -GameINI=..\UTGame\Config\DefaultGame.ini

our bat files reside in the binaries folder as well.

Do you mean you copied the entire UT3 Server folder to create each server? :eek:

You just need a different GameINI and bat file to launch each server! No need to copy the entire folder!

Kinsman
11-30-2007, 07:44 AM
Thats good news, cos after adding those lines, neither working ctf or war server would start.

I'll try to do it all from the same folder now

Kinsman
11-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Ok, all three servers now run from D\Games\UT3Full directory. They are all using My Docs, as home for the inis.

I have three bat files, one for each game type, CTF and WAR use a sep directory for their UTGame.ini as you instructed.

GameINI=..\UTGame\Config\WAR\UTGame.ini and

GameINI=..\UTGame\Config\CTF\UTGame.ini

All 3 servers are back up and running, it remains to be seen if WAR and CTF rotate maps yet.

All map cyc;es are in all three Inis, VCTF (original) server is rotating ok still.

GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTDeathmatch",Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Deimos","DM-Diesel","DM-Gateway","DM-Hardcore","DM-HeatRay","DM-Revenant","DM-RisingSun","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa"))
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTTeamGame",Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Deimos","DM-Diesel","DM-Gateway","DM-Hardcore","DM-HeatRay","DM-Revenant","DM-RisingSun","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa"))
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTCTFGame_Content",Maps=("CTF-Coret","CTF-OmicronDawn","CTF-Strident","CTF-Hydrosis","CTF-Reflection","CTF-Vertebrae"))
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTOnslaughtGame",Maps=("WAR-Downtown","WAR-SinkHole","WAR-Dusk","WAR-Islander","WAR-Avalanche","WAR-MarketDistrict","WAR-OnyxCoast","WAR-Powersurge","WAR-Serenity","WAR-FloodGate","WAR-Torlan"))
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTVehicleCTFGame_Content",Maps=("VCTF-Containment","VCTF-Corruption","VCTF-Kargo","VCTF-Necropolis","VCTF-Sandstorm","VCTF-Suspense"))

flak.pt
11-30-2007, 08:04 AM
Ok, all three servers now run from D\Games\UT3Full directory. They are all using My Docs, as home for the inis.

I have three bat files, one for each game type, CTF and WAR use a sep directory for their UTGame.ini as you instructed.

GameINI=..\UTGame\Config\WAR\UTGame.ini and

GameINI=..\UTGame\Config\CTF\UTGame.ini

All 3 servers are back up and running, it remains to be seen if WAR and CTF rotate maps yet.

All map cyc;es are in all three Inis, VCTF (original) server is rotating ok still.

You can rename the ini files and put them all in the same folder :)

UTGame\Config\myfiles\war.ini
UTGame\Config\myfiles\ctf.ini
UTGame\Config\myfiles\vctf.ini

then add to each cmd line:

-GameINI=..\UTGame\Config\myfiles\war.ini
-GameINI=..\UTGame\Config\myfiles\ctf.ini
-GameINI=..\UTGame\Config\myfiles\vctf.ini

Its really a matter of personal taste, to keep things organized :)

Thats why i also use -nohomedir, i want all the relevant files to be inside my UT3Server folder, dont want to use "my docs" folder.

But hey, if it works dont change it :)

Any questions go ahead.

Kinsman
11-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Servers dont seem to appear in list anymore?

They used to just fine as separate servers.

Can still join from console though

flak.pt
11-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Maybe something has changed on the commandline?

Kinsman
11-30-2007, 08:22 AM
Nope, just copied them from the other directories, into the main directory is all, maybe they will advertise soon. Weird how the UTgame.ini (original) keeps getting overwritten too, i keep adding the other Game Mode Rotations, you go back 5 mins later, and only the VCTF rotation is there.

Is that why you need the Config/Sub directory?

flak.pt
11-30-2007, 08:42 AM
Well i found out that using various ini files inside UTGame\Config used to conflict the servers, and they would give some errors. If your UTGame.ini is being overwritten then something is wrong with the commandline :(

Kinsman
11-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Its only the unattended line updating it i guess.

Kinsman
11-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Wel the servers work, and are advertising again, which is nice. I think i despair of CTF and WAR ever rotating maps though.

I add all four map cycles to each INI, then go back later, and the CTF and WAR INIS only have the VCTF map cycle listed, that was originally added for the first server.

So basically, something is updating these inis, but ignoring the VCTF Map Cycle, that was added when the first server was setup.

Funnily enough, the DEFAULT INI, which is actually running VCTF, is now KEEPING, all four map cycle rotations!!!

I might just have to get them all running from that i guess, and give up on the sep inis.