PDA

View Full Version : Question about ranking system.

sKr1p7k1dd
11-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Is the kill/death ratio what decides rank in terms of just kills to death?
aka.

DudeA has 500 kills 100 deaths.
dudeB has 5000kills 1000 deaths
dudeC has 50000 kills, 10000 deaths

5:1 K:D ratio. Assuming everything else is the same, Will they get the same rank?

sKr1p7k1dd
11-29-2007, 01:35 AM
bumping this thread

bclagge
11-29-2007, 01:44 AM
I do not know for sure. But I'm next to positive that your rank is dependant on more than your kill ratio. I've compared people above and below me, and I cannot figure out an easy pattern. It seems to be based on numerous variables.

btcomm
11-29-2007, 01:47 AM
The answer is no.

It is not based on just your k/d ratio.

It's based on the ELO score of the person you are killing and who you are getting killed by.

The higher the rank of the person you kill, the more you go up. The lower rank of the person that kills you the lower your elo score will go.

bclagge
11-29-2007, 01:54 AM
The stats page has two ranks:

Your Global Rank
Your ELO Rating

Which leads me to believe they are different. Also, I haven't verified it, but they seem backwards. Lower Global ranks seems to be better, and a higher ELO rating.

eXeCuTioNeR
11-29-2007, 03:07 AM
Where do u find your stats?? Neither ELO nor GGlobal I can find..?

Reise
11-29-2007, 03:22 AM
The answer is no.

It is not based on just your k/d ratio.

It's based on the ELO score of the person you are killing and who you are getting killed by.

The higher the rank of the person you kill, the more you go up. The lower rank of the person that kills you the lower your elo score will go.

In other words a total nub could camp your spawn in a Goliath and rape your rank? Balls.

Droniac
11-29-2007, 03:35 AM
The stats page has two ranks:

Your Global Rank
Your ELO Rating

Which leads me to believe they are different. Also, I haven't verified it, but they seem backwards. Lower Global ranks seems to be better, and a higher ELO rating.

No they're not... the ELO Rating determines your rank, which is why both are shown. Also, K/D ratio has absolutely nothing to do with your rank. This morning I won a game with 6 kills for every death (67-11) and dropped from 8th place to 120th.

eXeCuTioNeR
11-29-2007, 03:36 AM
So simplytell me where you find those 2 different ranking^^

Reise
11-29-2007, 03:43 AM
From the main menu:

Community -> Leaderboards

That's where you can find your rank.

eXeCuTioNeR
11-29-2007, 03:51 AM
Yes, but I only see ONE rank? Where's ELO/Global?

Droniac
11-29-2007, 04:20 AM
Yes, but I only see ONE rank? Where's ELO/Global?

Doubleclick on a players name for detailed statistics, I think it shows the ELO rating up top.

btcomm
11-29-2007, 10:52 AM
If it does not show up on leaderboard, then you can go here and search for you name it will show your ELO and rank.

ELO points directly determine your rank.

http://www.enemydown.co.uk/game.php?gameselect=UT3

xtruder
11-29-2007, 11:03 AM
sigh... Elo is a rating system... it is a RATING... not a RANKING

ranking is determined by Elo... and I don't know why everyone's captializing all the letters in Elo, as it's not an acronym.

eXeCuTioNeR
11-30-2007, 02:50 AM
Thanks alot, that's exactly what I searched :D

Slokop
11-30-2007, 04:38 AM
true or false:

I kill opponents with a higher ELO ranking lets say 20 times but in that same game I die 40 times, the k/d ratio has nothing to do with my ranking that is determend by my ELO rating?

So bad efficiency still gets rewarded if you spam/suicide good players?

*Slokop camps the redeemer*

#96 atm btw...lol

btcomm
12-01-2007, 03:16 PM
true or false:

I kill opponents with a higher ELO ranking lets say 20 times but in that same game I die 40 times, the k/d ratio has nothing to do with my ranking that is determend by my ELO rating?

So bad efficiency still gets rewarded if you spam/suicide good players?

*Slokop camps the redeemer*

#96 atm btw...lol

Technically yes, if you are ABLE to suicide/kill good players then you may be able to get ranked highly, however if they are really good players they will probably kill you a whole lot more then they die from you so they should still be ranked higher then you and depending on your skill level it may not be easy to sucide kill good players for you, except yeah if you kill them with the redeemer it may be a whole lot easier, if they are a really good player though they should be timing the redeemer and not let you have it, I try to time it but I admit that is one of my weaknesses as a player, timing every power up in the map is kind of hard for me, keeping track of the belt, amp, redeemer and the boots and the thigh pads on deck, usually I do not grab the thigh pads but it enable to to play even better if I did.