PDA

View Full Version : Good Quotes!

Zoso Fan
06-26-2006, 03:37 PM
I thought it would be cool to make a thread of quotes about the game!

I'll start with my new favorite:

"Being a cynical journalist I was still sitting firmly between those two camps, that was until I saw the latest build of Gears of War actually running. When you’ve been playing video games as long as I have, very few games make you stare in amazement, your mouth open, eyes wide, but that’s exactly what Gears of War did to me."

If that doesn't get you excited about Gears of War what will? :)

Uday23
06-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Zoso u should post the one were some journalist says he would pay $60 for the MP demo only, i like that one!

elite94
06-26-2006, 03:42 PM
lol im already estatic(however you spell) for gears, i think im gonna make a new thread about what would you do to have gears right now(streak,something insane,etc.) kinda how TRL did the day before the 360 launched, where people send in mail about what they would do for a 360, then TRL would send them 1 for free if theres was crazy enough!

elite94
06-26-2006, 03:43 PM
i would 2!

MonkeyKnuckle
06-27-2006, 10:27 AM
i like this one from IGN

Gears of War. I don't care if I have to hold Cliffy B. hostage or spray hot booth-babes with a fire-hose as a diversion, but I will play Gears again before the end of this E3 -- it was that fun.

Flak
06-27-2006, 01:00 PM
I like this one from Joystiq:

"We're still not sure when this so-called 'Emergence Day' is ... but at least, now, we know what the Gears of War box is gonna look like: My Marcus, what a big gun you have! You wouldn't be compensating for any shortcomings, would you?"

LOL

And this one from Joystiq also:

"The energy inside of the GOW showroom was electric. War cries and victory cheers filled the tiny space. Something special was taking place, and we can't wait for that to be shared with the entire Xbox 360 community."

Uday23
06-27-2006, 01:24 PM
I like this one from Joystiq:

"We're still not sure when this so-called 'Emergence Day' is ... but at least, now, we know what the Gears of War box is gonna look like: My Marcus, what a big gun you have! You wouldn't be compensating for any shortcomings, would you?"

LOL

And this one from Joystiq also:

"The energy inside of the GOW showroom was electric. War cries and victory cheers filled the tiny space. Something special was taking place, and we can't wait for that to be shared with the entire Xbox 360 community."

stop it Flak u are making me more crazy about GoW!:mad: ;)

Kydd BlaZe
06-27-2006, 03:39 PM
AHHHH! I can't take it anymore! Must....play....Gears of War...NOW!!!

Spartan-034
07-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Doms reply to marcus after seeing a BRUMAK
" Were gonna need a bigger boat, i mean gun "

elite94
07-03-2006, 04:31 PM
I no this has nuthing to do with this but I no its not a new video but watch the second video of all the videos and watch a little bit into the video and it shows a locust chainsawing marcus in MP but it's showing it from marcus's point of view so it looks kinda wierd, and it shows cliffy plaing and it shows him using a boomshot or a rocket launcher, can't tell with marcus, and it shows a wierd looking map in the background, now i no its not new but its still awsome anywayz, I CAN'T WAIT!!
here's the link to the videos: http://www.mtv2.com/#series/20691
then go to videos at the top and watch the second video, I think it's from the race to E3 so if you did'nt watch that like me then watch it!

elite94
07-03-2006, 04:51 PM
If You Go to watch it, DON'T WATCH the "Pressure Builds" VIDEO!!! It Shows Cliffy Playing Gears On a 360 and It Freezes Like 3 Times and Skips Some, Even Tho That Was Before E3 , I hope It doesn't do this in the final copy!

FortuneWookie
07-03-2006, 05:06 PM
If You Go to watch it, DON'T WATCH the "Pressure Builds" VIDEO!!! It Shows Cliffy Playing Gears On a 360 and It Freezes Like 3 Times and Skips Some, Even Tho That Was Before E3 , I hope It doesn't do this in the final copy!

its not going to, they woudl never release it if it froze

GearsManiac123
07-03-2006, 05:09 PM
its not going to, they woudl never release it if it froze
exactly. like Mark Rein said..."If there werent any bugs, we would of shipped it!" i wish they woulda shipped it!!:( but its always better to work hard on the game and make it amazing!!!:D

elite94
07-03-2006, 05:15 PM
yeah i no, but you never no, with so many defected 360 out there that freeze , u never no

Zoso Fan
07-03-2006, 09:57 PM
yeah i no, but you never no, with so many defected 360 out there that freeze , u never no

Note what the thread is about... And if the game froze it would be because of the 360 not the game. So therefor if your xbox works, than you shouldnt worry :) (I guess im lucky because my xbox has never frozen!)

elite94
07-03-2006, 10:52 PM
don't jinx yourself zoso! cause i was on gametalk reading the 360 problem thread and i kept saying "my 360 never frose before!!!" then i turned on my 360, started playing perfect dark zero and what do you know, it froze. but then a month later i bought that intercooler thing and it hasn't frozen since! but still be careful Zoso!

elite94
07-03-2006, 10:58 PM
o and this is real off topic but you know how Dom is your buddy at first that you play with on SP, well I really think instead of Dom being your 1st partner, I think Gus should be ;) . I kinda want to play with him by my side making me laugh longer than he usually does, plus say my friend wants to play as marcus on co-op, i want to play as Gus more than Dom. Don't Get Me wrong tho, i think Dom is awsome! but I really want to play with/as Gus in SP, but it does'nt really matter cause i'll be able to play as him in MP! :o .... :)

Zoso Fan
07-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Though Gus is da bomb, i think Dom should stay! :) And for the whole 360 freeze thing, i got the intercooler just incase already on! ;)

elite94
07-04-2006, 12:01 AM
ok good! me and you think alike! before my 360 WAS freezing i still had the intercooler laying on the table just incase but then it started freezing so i put on the intercooler and now its fine!

RawrInATor
07-04-2006, 12:45 AM
My 360 hasnt frozen yet and Ive had it since X-MAS!!
I dont have a intercooler!! :D :D
But then again... I dont play for very long... I kinda get bored then stop.
But I'll probably be playing GoW for... long time.. no stopping...
So maybe ill get my fill of FREEZES!!
But hopefully not :D

elite94
07-04-2006, 12:50 AM
boy, ur lucky, mine has frozen like 20 times the whole time i've had it (since easter, and no i'm not spoiled, i didn't get it for easter, i had it on layaway and it was coincedentily easter) but the intercooler has helped mostly