PDA

View Full Version : Mover keys?

trauma1337
11-25-2007, 03:25 PM
I am currently trying to follow a tutorial and ran into a problem when trying to create an elevator. I was able to place the mover, but i cant find were i set the keys for the mover, were i want it to move to when someone gets on it. Anyone know were this is in the ut3 editor?

Jagnot
11-25-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question, you want to somehow find out exactly where your mover will be at each key/stage?

Eliot
11-25-2007, 05:19 PM
you have to use kismet and Matinee to make the mover move heres a tutorial for it http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsue3mover.htm

trauma1337
11-26-2007, 12:25 AM
I followed the tutorial and my elevator works now, but with one problem. When i step onto it the lift moves up, but i dont move up with it. Any ideas, i follow the tutorial posted above exactly. I think it must be something with the static mesh i picked.

Snake
11-26-2007, 04:08 AM
I believe you have to "benablecollision" first.

-=¤willhaven¤=-
11-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Go to the collision dropdown and make the Mover "BlockAll." Collision on movers is disabled by default.

I would add it to the world as an InterpActor, keep it selected, and add a Mover in Kismet by right clicking on empty space and going through the menu at the bottom of the right click menu. Adding the mesh as a Mover automatically places and Kismet action in the top of the sequence, which is annoying if you want it located elsewhere.