PDA

View Full Version : Can't run a LAN with Patch 1.01

MasterB
11-25-2007, 12:48 PM
I run a LAN fine with ver. 1.00
I add the patch. When I try to launch a LAN game I get the message "Your network configuration is not compatible with hosting matches". Also it mentions port forwarding and a DMZ server.
I get the same message on my second computer that is trying to join the LAN as well.
I reinstalled the games without the patches and create and connect just fine.
Anyone else run into this?
:eek::eek::eek:

headfog
11-25-2007, 02:33 PM
While it's expected that things like this would show up in a beta patch, it would be interesting to see if others are seeing this same behavior.

DarthWader
11-25-2007, 03:05 PM
I run a LAN fine with ver. 1.00
I add the patch. When I try to launch a LAN game I get the message "Your network configuration is not compatible with hosting matches". Also it mentions port forwarding and a DMZ server.
I get the same message on my second computer that is trying to join the LAN as well.
I reinstalled the games without the patches and create and connect just fine.
Anyone else run into this?
:eek::eek::eek:

WEIRD!!!
I had the exact opposite issues before patch!
I could not EVER host/see/join LAN game at all, and only connect using open command to my internet server at very random times. Would work one minute, then die the other?

Now with 101 patch, I can easily host/see/join LAN games perfectly, but get the same network router error message when trying to host internet server? cant even select internet as server type, it is preset to LAN and is greyed out? The absolutely most strange thing is, I figured what the hell, and had some freinds try to connect to my LAN game via internet 'open ip' and they can join, no problem, every time? Strange that a LAN game can be joined from internet? Patch is half way there and we can now play on my hosted server via internet so I won't complain. I just hope they fix the bugs with it before release!

MasterB
11-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Both of my computers were locked on "LAN" and were grayed out as well. Really odd. Locked on LAN but can't create or join a LAN match.

MasterB
12-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Beta patch 2 does the same thing. Can't create a LAN.
Can we not run a LAN server with either of the beta patches?

Slaughter
12-01-2007, 08:38 AM
They're beta?

MasterB
12-01-2007, 11:03 AM
They're beta?
I understand they are beta. Thanks for the help.
If Epic isn't aware of this being broken, it may end up in the final 1.01.