PDA

View Full Version : Epic: Some help with UI changes?

Tonester
11-25-2007, 02:17 AM
First off, I can see a ton of new stuff added to UnrealScript with regards to UI and it looks like these additions may make our PvP'ish TC a reality. Is there some way we can get some help starting out with all of these UI changes or does Epic plan to unlock/release some UDN info soon?

Our TC requires quite a bit of work so I was wondering if you could answer a few questions:

1) We implemented a Toggleable Mouse Cursor in UT2K4 (sort of the way it works in WoW) but I'm hoping there is a built-in way to do this in UT3. Is there? Basically, we want to bind a key which you need to hold down or toggle in order to mLook and then let go or toggle in order to move your cursor around the UI and manipulate buttons, skills, radar, etc.

2) We need a hotbar and 6 buttons. I looked through the exported script files and saw tons of files that look like they will be able to do this. However, I'm not sure where to start. Any suggestions?

3) What is this "UV" system? I see all sorts of LY, UV, V, etc in the script. What does all of this mean?

Thanks in advance.