PDA

View Full Version : Eh.. so wheres the editor at?

frothlord
11-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Does the CE version of UT3 come with an editor, or just videos? Where can I get the editor?

Teg
11-22-2007, 03:14 PM
The editor will come with both versions of the game, CE comes with the videos too.

Simple question, simple answer! :D

frothlord
11-22-2007, 03:22 PM
The editor will come with both versions of the game, CE comes with the videos too.

Simple question, simple answer! :D

Thanks for the reply so quickly.

Can I ask where it is? Im having difficulties locating it. Is it on the bonus disc? whats it called?

I Did a search for unrealed on my C: drive and all I got was the editor that comes with 2004, and some files in the unreal tournament 3 directory that arent executables.

Henrik
11-22-2007, 04:11 PM
It works differently now. Look at the Unreal Tournament 3 section in programs in your start menu.

Basically it's executed from UT3.exe with the flag editor: "ut3.exe editor" now rather than being seperate.

frothlord
11-22-2007, 07:20 PM
It works differently now. Look at the Unreal Tournament 3 section in programs in your start menu.

Basically it's executed from UT3.exe with the flag -editor now rather than being seperate.

Ah great, thanks! I was just running the game from the desktop icon. :)

Borgschulze
11-22-2007, 08:07 PM

Basically it's executed from UT3.exe with the flag -editor now rather than being seperate.

What's the actual command to launch UnrealEd?

I'm the kind of person who deletes default shortcuts.

Frustian
11-22-2007, 10:03 PM
What's the actual command to launch UnrealEd?

I'm the kind of person who deletes default shortcuts.

Make a shortcut to your ut3.exe file (/binaries/ut3.exe) but add ' editor' after the location (you might need to use ' -editor' instead, but the default shortcut has no dash)

Legendary_Lee
11-22-2007, 10:33 PM
Create a shortcut version of your UT3 icon and right click that, go to properties and type editor at the end of the target line and click apply. Rename the shortcut to UT3 Editor and click it and your good to go.

Borgschulze
11-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks, I had tried a few commands with a - before them... weird that it doesn't use a dash.

Geist
11-22-2007, 11:20 PM
You can also access several things (including the Editor, make utility/compiler, etc) from UnrealFrontend.exe.

Henrik
11-23-2007, 10:56 AM
right, sorry it's without the -.