PDA

View Full Version : Good tutorials?

trauma1337
11-20-2007, 10:09 PM
I am new to making map in an editor and am looking for a very good tutorial, that shows step by step the basics of creating a level in the gow unreal editor. If anyone knows of any please post. I tried the ones in the sticked thread but they skip over steps or something is wrong with my editor because i cant follow them. Thanks for you help.

Darth Axel 007
11-20-2007, 10:19 PM
3DBuzz.com

They haven't released the Unreal Engine 3 tutorials yet, but the Unreal Engine 2 tutorials are out that teach you the basics. Learn from that.

aoteg
11-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Does any one no how to use Matinee
i jus need a tt for the basic

Tanasoo
11-23-2007, 02:00 PM
For animation, Maintee is just like simple keyframe animation. Any experience with 3ds max, or maya, or a lot of other 3D packages will help.

But basically, select the object you want to animate, and in kismet, make a new Maintee. Double click it if the Maintee editor doesn't open, to open it. Now, on the left you will see three buttons "all," "cameras," etc. in the box below them, right click and create a new group. This will automatically create an object for the static mesh you have selected and place in in kismet, linked to your maintee. Then right click on the new group and add a new movement track. From there, you can move the slider, and add keys (the button right under file) with a key selected, you can go and transform your actor in the viewports. Add more keys, animate them, and watch your animation :)

With the same basic principles, you can add sound tracks, event tracks... Pretty much anything you need!

ts_falcon
11-23-2007, 05:38 PM
:D buy the UT 3 collectors edition, 20+ hours of video training, I grabbed it release day and its awesome. I would pay the retail price just for the training dvd.

KIWIDOGGIE
11-23-2007, 08:36 PM
Look up about 5 posts :D

angusm
11-23-2007, 10:07 PM
GasDuck (http://gasduck.com) <<-- Look there

aoteg
11-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks for that mate, got it working on a few static meshes but
im still having trouble activating the camera mode
so i can animate the camera to create a fly through