PDA

View Full Version : MP_Downpour

Sirjizz
11-20-2007, 03:48 AM
Sup peeps. This is my first map check out the pics. I will try to finish this asap. Still need to add some more rain, audio, BSP buildings,mesh actors, cover links and volume blockers.

Hopefully i will finish it within the next 3 weeks. Check it :)
pic 1
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b149/terran236/03Downpour.jpg
pic 2
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b149/terran236/02Downpour.jpg
pic 3
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b149/terran236/01Downpour.jpg
Players view
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b149/terran236/04Downpour.jpg
Over view
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b149/terran236/05Downpour.jpg

ps im open to suggestions. If anyone sees anything they think i should do tell me. and also dont mind the big barren area in the bottom right, thats where im going to add some bsp things.

Trooper
11-20-2007, 07:58 AM
That map is f**kin sick. Every map is, just because you can make your own.....I think I wanna buy this.

< Profess >
11-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Could we have some screens of the players spawns and weapon placement?

I think i can see whats going on, a kinda U shape lay-out yes?

I would say possibly some high ground to to the edges, and a little more cover as it looks a be bare through the bend.

Looks pretty btw.

SportingSCP
11-20-2007, 08:46 AM
map looks nice, i know i love maps with rain in it!

Tarantino
11-20-2007, 09:23 AM
Looks awesome. Plz add longshot and sniperspots ^^

Calvin Hobbes
11-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Looks excellent, but I have a question. Is it possible to take your map, edit it and use it for single player campaign mode? The reason I ask this is because the game itself is too short and some of us either don't like multiplayer or don't want to play multiplayer because of the lack of dedicated servers.

SportingSCP
11-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Looks excellent, but I have a question. Is it possible to take your map, edit it and use it for single player campaign mode? The reason I ask this is because the game itself is too short and some of us either don't like multiplayer or don't want to play multiplayer because of the lack of dedicated servers.

Some one should make SP map play as locust vs CoG and make marcus as final boss lol:D

Sirjizz
11-20-2007, 02:00 PM

it is possible definitely just need to add more space and some kismet editing.

Sirjizz
11-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Could we have some screens of the players spawns and weapon placement?

I think i can see whats going on, a kinda U shape lay-out yes?

I would say possibly some high ground to to the edges, and a little more cover as it looks a be bare through the bend.

Looks pretty btw.

exacly. It is kind of a donut u shape. Il post some screens of the wire frames, For the high ground I am probably going to cut out the second floor of the houses, add some snipers maybe add a troika or 2 lol

Trond
11-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Looks realy good.
Cant wait to try it.
Will you give us a beta before its done?

Sirjizz
11-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Looks realy good.
Cant wait to try it.
Will you give us a beta before its done?

o definitely. I want to make sure there is no holes where people can fall of maps, or graphic glitches, an things like that. So yea definitely going to post a beta asap.

CrysAk
11-20-2007, 03:15 PM
looking really good ^^
look forward to updates :D

cant belive how quick ppl are gettin into the editor

Sirjizz
11-20-2007, 03:27 PM
looking really good ^^
look forward to updates :D

cant belive how quick ppl are gettin into the editor

I know! i love it! it is also the fact that the editor is pretty fun to play around with.
the more people edit the better :) hopefully everyone can enjoy this game after the bug fixes.

Calvin Hobbes
11-20-2007, 05:40 PM
it is possible definitely just need to add more space and some kismet editing.

This is a good thing. Until they get things sorted out with the bugs, and establish something better as far as multi player gaming (servers, windows live problems) I think many modders should focus on the single player aspect.

Sir****, your map looks like a tornado ran through it. So much destruction and dark feel to it. If this is the visual feel you were going for, I say to turn one or two cars on the side, hell turn one upside down if possible.

Also, do you know of websites or pdf books I can pick up that explain concepts like lighting, rendering, and pretty much anything associated with graphics?

Jagnot
11-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Freakin' awesome man! Keep up the good work!

Sirjizz
11-20-2007, 08:40 PM
This is a good thing. Until they get things sorted out with the bugs, and establish something better as far as multi player gaming (servers, windows live problems) I think many modders should focus on the single player aspect.

Sir****, your map looks like a tornado ran through it. So much destruction and dark feel to it. If this is the visual feel you were going for, I say to turn one or two cars on the side, hell turn one upside down if possible.

Also, do you know of websites or pdf books I can pick up that explain concepts like lighting, rendering, and pretty much anything associated with graphics?

Thanks for the suggestion i think that is a very good idea.

o man there is alot of nice resources for the editor. The disk that comes with unreal collectors edition has a tutorial, gasduck.com has some beginner stuff, http://www.veoh.com/series/HouseofUnreal has video tutorials on the editor

Sirjizz
11-22-2007, 08:48 PM
UPdate: Addes more high ground buildings,decorations, and as requested: cars tipped all over the place and more cover in empty areas will get back to you guys asap.

Calvin Hobbes
11-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Thats what I'm talkin about sir**** and thanks for the link.

VoltronisyourDaddy
11-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Nice map. What's the painted eagle thing though?

Sirjizz
11-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Nice map. What's the painted eagle thing though?

Which painted eagle? lol can you point it out? You might be refering to the statues stuck to the building :)

Calvin Hobbes
11-26-2007, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=Sir****;25102668]pic 2

just below the angel holding whatever it's holding. You do you see it?

Sirjizz
11-28-2007, 12:06 AM
[QUOTE=Sir****;25102668]pic 2

just below the angel holding whatever it's holding. You do you see it?

ooo haha thats just the fog thingy. it wont be seen when playing it , just like the lightbulbs. Just lighting none of the sprites will be seen when playing

SirenSilently
11-28-2007, 11:48 AM
I may have to hold off on this map. The rain makes my gpu choppy. :(

Sirjizz
11-30-2007, 06:15 AM
damn that sucks! Itl be a while since i finish this map, haha you will probably have some new hardware by then. Thing is i am a noob at making maps so yea its tough at first. :)

The_Big_TickeTT
12-12-2007, 05:17 PM
The part where there are those 3 cars in a row zig-zagging (Pic 3) and where it shows the player point of view, I believe you should try to add some kind of small pillar/monument/object in there to make it more interesting. Maybe a circle-shaped object so you can walk along side it the entire way. It will definitely prove to have some fun when a heated battle takes place there, you can possibly hide behind a car while your opponent is expecting you to come around the pillar/object and then bam, you are right behind him coming out of cover from behind the car.

Zackiz
12-13-2007, 04:36 AM
Looks really cool, well done!

Sirjizz
12-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Guys i dont know if im going to finish this map. I really like the designing aspect of the editor, but the Blocking volume and coverlink aspect really annoys me. If anyone wants to partner up il send u the file and you can touch it up. Map editing partnering could work real well. If anyone is interested e mail me dragonforce1080p@yahoo.com

See the way i look at it is i need an editor partner. Il make the designs and stuff, then the editor does the dirty work like adding needed meshes, cover links, blocking volumes and anything he sees fit.

alby13
12-20-2007, 02:11 AM
the atmosphere on this map looks amazing!

sent you an e-mail.

Sirjizz
12-20-2007, 03:05 PM
I was excited about the map editor when it bearly came out and spent more than 24 hours building this map and learning at the same time. I have lost motivation for the time being so I am handing it to Alby13.

Take good care of my map :-D lol. You will have 100 % over the creative design.

just a few notes about it(dont need to follow but should be worth checking out)

Add and delete what you think is not right,
Also, You might want to resize some stuff because it looks good but in game its huge.
dont forget cover links and blocking volumes, and also static meshes to make it more detailed.

enjoy!.