PDA

View Full Version : Can't play the demo.

ccog
11-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Okay, so i finnialy got it installed. Then when i FINNIALY click it, the screen stays black for a while, then a blue screen pops up and says error in harddrive contact hard drive vendor or something along those lines. Any way to fix this? I really can't wait til monday 0.0

It says

***Hardware Malfunction

Call your hardware vendor for support

NMI: Pairty Check / Memory Parity Error
*** The system has halted ***

Phopojijo
11-17-2007, 05:48 AM
An exact error message will be helpful... since I don't think I have never seen that error before in my life.

Hellcat
11-17-2007, 06:36 AM
I got a similar thing.
When I try to run the Demo under Vista all I get is "The program has stopped working" right after the splash image, before anything happens - no more errors.
Details say the crash appeared in KERNEL32

Under XP it runns very fine :)

ccog
11-17-2007, 08:30 AM
It says

***Hardware Malfunction

RaptorZX3
11-17-2007, 03:59 PM
the wonder of Windows Vista...

ccog
11-17-2007, 05:23 PM
the wonder of Windows Vista...

I Have XP..

oldkawman1
11-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Okay, so i finnialy got it installed. Then when i FINNIALY click it, the screen stays black for a while, then a blue screen pops up and says error in harddrive contact hard drive vendor or something along those lines. Any way to fix this? I really can't wait til monday 0.0

It says

***Hardware Malfunction

You need to list your hardware specs with details, cpu, mobo, ram specs, HD brand and size, if it's a dell, etc.

ccog
11-17-2007, 09:42 PM
You need to list your hardware specs with details, cpu, mobo, ram specs, HD brand and size, if it's a dell, etc.

How do i find out all that?

RaptorZX3
11-18-2007, 12:39 AM
i think the easiest way to do this is to save the diagnostic (txt) file of DirectX "a.k.a. DxDiag"