PDA

View Full Version : FOV still not completely fixed

da ghost
11-12-2007, 05:54 PM
- Can you set the fov higher than 100?
yes to 120 but itīs same like the BETA, after every kill you have to set it new.

Whatttttttttttttttttttttt

what good does this do? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused:

Epic, you still have the power to amaze me, although in different ways than 3 years ago. You increase the fov, which is good, but it still resets after every death. That does nothing. That's like saying, "Congratulations!! You win the lottery.... but we're paying you with confederate dollars that are worth nothing now"

I hope there's a default fov variable in one of the 8 ini files that could be edited.

isp_of_doom
11-12-2007, 06:02 PM
I hope there's a default fov variable in one of the 8 ini files that could be edited.

so do I, but not everyones prepared to spend an hour sludging through an ini...

MysTikal
11-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Ctrl+F -> 100 -> Enter -> Change to desired FOV -> Enjoy (if its in the ini).

Epic, you still have the power to amaze me, although in different ways than 3 years ago. You increase the fov, which is good, but it still resets after every death. That does nothing. That's like saying, "Congratulations!! You win the lottery.... but we're paying you with confederate dollars that are worth nothing now"
Well said.

GG-Xtreme
11-12-2007, 06:17 PM
It seems to ignore the INI setting...

Sharpfish
11-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Don't forget you can bind it to 'W' for example (at least in the demo unless this 'ini overiding has spread to that too in which case someone tell me so I cancel my pre-order because that's my only acceptable workaround).

Anyway you bind '| fov 100' (or whatever number you want) at the end of the walk forward binding and it sets it as soon as you press W, didn't notice any slowdowns or probs in the demo doing that (the only decent workaround).. can't believe they haven't done proper widescreen or adjustable FOV in the menus (actually yes I can, it's a UE3 game and that means you get what console users get and little more) :(