PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remaking Invasion ?

Sys-X
09-30-2007, 09:35 AM
Some ppl hate it some love but I rlly would like to see invasion returning in UT3, just imagine how freaking cool the monstors will look. So anyone thinking of remaking this gametype ? I wish I could do it but I am to nooby as it comes to making models and to do some coding and such.

Valconeye
09-30-2007, 01:06 PM
My friends and I will be making some form of Invasion :), especially with normal mapped monsters, cause they will look awesome.

Molgan
09-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Fraghouse did some stuff for 2k4, persuade them to continue their work. =)

I am one of those who don't understand why people waste time on shooting at AI online thou. ^^

[GU]Elmur_fud
09-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Fraghouse did some stuff for 2k4, persuade them to continue their work. =)

I am one of those who don't understand why people waste time on shooting at AI online thou. ^^

Most people who play INV, play it with UT2k4RPG. Most people also add a large amount of muts to there servers and/or they run it on godlike difficulty.

Plain INV was boring, add some chaos and ramp the difficulty then it was fun.

blegmar
10-02-2007, 05:10 PM
That would be awesome.

kisk
10-02-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm going to code a new version of the RPG mutator as well. Can't have inv w/out RPG ;x

[GU]Elmur_fud
10-02-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm going to code a new version of the RPG mutator as well. Can't have inv w/out RPG ;x

I wouldn't be surprised if mysterial isn't already working on it.

Sourpuss
10-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Invasion RPG is a lot of fun. I've even been able to bring over some of my UT99 CTF buddies who hated UT 2004 and convinced them to give it a try, and now one of them is a regular player.

IggMan
10-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Elmur_fud;25002333']Most people who play INV, play it with UT2k4RPG. Most people also add a large amount of muts to there servers and/or they run it on godlike difficulty.

Plain INV was boring, add some chaos and ramp the difficulty then it was fun.

Can't agree more. Playing with the RPG and godlike creatures is actually pretty fun. That is all I play online now, very addictive. Hope to see this in III in one form or another.

n0c0ntr0l
10-04-2007, 04:43 PM
They should do invasion as a war of the worlds type mod. Mod the darkwalker specs and maybe program in a shield and then give out loads of tanks and manta's and watch the slaughter ensue.

Darkie
10-07-2007, 01:51 PM
RPG invasion ownz, with all the custom weapons, long jumps hp system etc. And also the good old Invasion maps at MARS, with vehicles ofcourse and some without :D

re8
10-10-2007, 03:00 AM
Although I could never to stand to play INV long, I did like to jump in on occasion when I just wanted to frag.
I hope for a few WAR maps that have an INV theme to them. It would make a fun break when node-jumping gets boring.

BozoB
10-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Used instgib invasion as target prctise for some time and also spent quite a lot of time in regular invasion.. Very fun gametype.

I'd really like to see it done in UT3 but with better graphics monsters.

Caravaggio
10-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Even though the game isn't out yet, it'd be nice to have a mods list, like in the ut2004 forum. It's wastefuly to have multiple people remaking a mod or mut when the originals are already doing it, so it'd be nice to have some coordination so that needless projects don't get started.

innociv
10-13-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm wanting to make a coop mod better than invasion. ;3

I'll hopefully get a demo made first of one part of a level.

kERNElPANiC
10-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Some ppl hate it some love but I rlly would like to see invasion returning in UT3, just imagine how freaking cool the monstors will look. So anyone thinking of remaking this gametype ? I wish I could do it but I am to nooby as it comes to making models and to do some coding and such.

Rosebum ThinkTank will be working on this one as well ... interested to see all the different flavors that are made ... lol