PDA

View Full Version : How are the Theron so accurate?

Beserkwraith
09-02-2007, 08:18 PM
I was horrified when I first saw them at the end of Act 3, because they hit me across the map, and they go so fast. In act 4-5, everytime I stick my head out or go in the open, I get hit by a torque and die. When I snipe the Theron's head off, he lets go of the trigger and takes me down with him! When I roadie run, they still hit me! Its sucide trying to melee those guys without a chainsaw, because of there 1 hit kills. The worst part is, when they are on the Reavers! They don't seem to miss! I kill like 6 of them, then an arrow flies and hits me! Those guys piss me off so much on Insane!

GoWSupremacy
09-02-2007, 08:23 PM
You gotta play smart. Most likely there will never be just ONE Theron Guard. So when you're tryin' to snipe one, make sure you don't hear or see another Torque bow lit up. Because most likely if you think you're safe and you're aiming at the Theron Guard who just started charging it up or is in hiding but knows you're there, most likely there's another around aiming.

R3DD
09-02-2007, 09:11 PM
try to not get too close to them until you're on the train in act 5, the best thing to do is to check out how many theron guards there are and move several inches side to side and change cover a lot

in act 5 on the train, you should be able to sneak up on them and chainsaw all of them lol, hell that's what i did

RhythmKiller
09-03-2007, 06:58 AM
Tell me about it! Those guys are evil. That bloody pumping station at the end of act 3.... on insane solo I lost track of the number of times I would poke my head out for a second to aim, pull back straight away and see a sparking arrow protruding from my forehead.

One Obstacle
09-03-2007, 02:00 PM
I had it harder at the Tip of the Iceberg, on Hardcore it took me more times to win than on Insane.

< Profess >
09-09-2007, 06:35 AM
With a teammate i've managed to get that far without being downed on insane, shows how much harder it is from then on.

Typicaly i find using the longshots to kill a few first from the path you come up to it helps, then clearing it out with shottys afterwards.

always hated how you cant explosive headshot them.

XionisFarsight
09-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Theron's are more accurate for the simple reason that they are more experienced and better trained. I think it goes along the lines that Drones who prove themselves effective in combat would be given the higher rank(I use that term loosley, it seems more of a social class to me) of Theron Guard, and would be trained extensivley in techniques. Put bluntly, Theron Guards and Sentinels are the elite of the elite in the Locust Horde. More intelligent, accurate, faster, stronger and effective than the other locust drones.

ShadowSniper V2
09-12-2007, 01:16 AM
lmfao, thats funny because I thought the same thing. for my first time playing, those guys alone (NOT THE WRETCHES) made GoW a horror game...for me...lol

Foamy117
09-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Well don't forget theron guards and sentinels are entrusted to guard vital points to the locusts, and I think sentinels tend to be more prone to staying back and ordering his lower ranked comrades to charge in.