PDA

View Full Version : The Grenades and shotgun's true owners

steelred
08-03-2007, 03:25 AM
I don't know if anyone has ever asked this question before, but doesn't it seem that the bolo (frag) grenades were developed by the locusts? Even though the instruction booklet and most other written works say that the frag grenades are "standard issue COG weaponry," the grenades are designed to look like a locust weapon, (notice the wrapping around the handle and the sheer gruffness of the weapon's looks), while the smoke grenade is clearly a COG developed weapon (shiny and metalic with no wrapping on the handle.) And how in the world did the locust grenadiers obtain COG developed shotguns?

Jumzie
08-03-2007, 05:30 AM
They just use whatever guns they can find. Wouldn't you rather have an enemy weapon than be unarmed? Like in halo, some of the marines use covenant weapons (I think) at least, they use their vehicles (ghosts).

Zeronos
08-03-2007, 07:14 AM
They get thier shotties from like dead bodies of COG and that I think.

steelred
08-04-2007, 02:21 AM
I figured as much. It's just kinda strange that the locusts bred a completely different kind of soldier just to use an enemy's weapon. I guess the Grenadiers were already around, and when they found the shotguns they were like, "Hey, why not?" It's probably because Grenadiers like to get up-close and personal while the Drone and Sniper prefer long-range combat. I guess it's a good exchange, the COG got the bolo grenades, and the locust got the gnasher. It makes sense to me.

Amadeo
08-04-2007, 06:08 AM
Isn't all locust technology scavenged, salvaged and modified human technology?

Beserkwraith
08-04-2007, 08:40 PM
Isn't all locust technology scavenged, salvaged and modified human technology?

I actually find that funny because Hammerburst>Lancer.

pawn65
10-24-2007, 10:03 AM
yup hammerburst kicks tail

Marth
10-26-2007, 09:05 PM
some of the marines use covenant weapons

Only in specific levels or if you swap a Covie weapon for their Human one.

IIRC, they never held Covenant weapons in Halo: CE. Only its 2 sequels.

-Marth

bental
10-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Actually, in Halo:CE when u rescued Captain Keyes the first time, he used a needler, and his mates used various other weapons, including plasma rifles...

I know this was offtopic, an i apologise

Marth
10-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Ah, yeah...the Silent Cartographer was a cool level. ;)

-Marth

Kthnxbye
10-27-2007, 03:07 PM
I figured as much. It's just kinda strange that the locusts bred a completely different kind of soldier just to use an enemy's weapon. I guess the Grenadiers were already around, and when they found the shotguns they were like, "Hey, why not?" It's probably because Grenadiers like to get up-close and personal while the Drone and Sniper prefer long-range combat. I guess it's a good exchange, the COG got the bolo grenades, and the locust got the gnasher. It makes sense to me.

They probably thought, hey our weapons basically suck, lets use theirs against them

Foamy117
10-27-2007, 06:34 PM
I think it's most likely that the locusts base thier technology/weaponry on scavenging, modifying, looting etc.

Fobia
10-27-2007, 10:53 PM
The locust dont have any true AA weapons becides nemacysts who r just like flying eggs they arent advanced they know how to breed infantry but the only reason that they almost won is because they have the corpsers and berserkers and other bigger "walking tanks" but overall it looks like they took abandoned and forgotten weapons and refit them the Hammer burst looks like a car muffler with bullets in it and the cloud of exaust that comes out those weapons a primative but powerful like the boltok Revolver then look at the King Ravens and the Lancer the COG would have won if they wern't facing these huge monsters. they have more advanced weapons but there are more Locust the fact that the locust use Corpsers to dig Emergence holes are a good example they dont have drills or anything Horde-made to move large quantiteis of dirt in a subterranean population it seems that someone organized a massive amount of troglodytes to attack humans mabe the "Queen" as the horde says is a human-Locust hibrid

themoonrulz#1
10-28-2007, 11:23 AM
if the locust weapons are suppose to be scavenged (lancer, gnasher), modified (hammerburst, boltok), or looted. then where did therons get/modify/loot torque bows from? same with boomers. i'd be pretty pissed if i was a real cog and all they gave me was a hammerburst and a snub pistol when i could be blowin up 100000000 grubs at once with my standard issue boomshot/torque bow.

Fobia
10-28-2007, 04:21 PM
The Boomshot and Torque Bow do look like COG invented weapons

Marth
10-29-2007, 08:44 AM
Torque Bow? Hell no. The Bow is native Locust technology, from what I can see.

-Marth

< Profess >
10-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Ah, yeah...the Silent Cartographer was a cool level. ;)
-Marth

I thought that was the mission on the truth and reconciliation?

---

Anyway, on-topic:

Bolos are clearly Locust grenades, despite what it says in the manual.

Look at the concept pics of them and you'll see them marked as 'locust grenade' next to mp smoke grenades marked 'COG Flash grenade'

odds are the Bolos were adopted as the COG grenades as smokes/flashes didnt really work in the sp campaign.

As for all the other weapons, well the game is set 14 years after
Emergence Day so it make perfect sense to see locust drones fighting with captured weapons.

after all, in the footage of the locust first emerging its nothing but hammerbursts to be seen.

Marth
10-30-2007, 07:20 PM
I thought that was the mission on the truth and reconciliation?

Oh yeah. <_< It was the night-desert level where you enter the Covenant ship (T&R). My bad.

-Marth

Clarion Commander
11-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Cant be more off-topic

gotitmemorized?
11-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Who.....cares? If it bothers you, just pretend that at every battle scene a plane with ammo for civilians had been flying over head. However, the total amount of weight from the weapons grew to be too much, so they had to dump the cargo into perfectly symmetrical places on the battlefield.

Scouse Mafia
11-22-2007, 05:49 AM
You can tell the bow is locust. The boomer in ways looks like locust but suits Cog better and on this subject why dont cog have sum type of rocket launcher. The tags are well locusts their not cog one bit. shotguns make sense that locust picked them up off dead cog. why on the first mission do dom an marcus run round with the hammerburst doesnt make sense clearly locust. who do the trokias (cant spell) belong to. You know the big heavy machine guns the gun thats on war machine on top of the stairs if it is locust doesnt make sense.