PDA

View Full Version : Does it ever end?

kray_z_jester
06-18-2007, 05:13 AM
Ok this is getting a little out of hand. I remember the first month of playing gears any time someone would chainsaw or frag tag all you would hear is "You're such a n00b" or "you're such a *** with those grenades". And then people start getting good with the shotgun and all a sudden you hear "Shotguns are for n00bs" or "You are crappy all you do is rush with the shotty" Then when you start using the snipe if you use AR to take someone down and kill them you would hear "you're such a n00b with those AR shots" And so on with the boomer and i have also even heard the words "pistol ***" And now all a sudden the lancer is the new thing to pick on. Well you know if all of this is true. I am the n00biest player on gears because i use all of the weapons. And to those of you that complain about any weapon that kills you because you dont know how to defend against it. Learn how to play the game already and quit crying to epic about every little thing. It's getting really F*&%ing annoying allready. Every time i come in to this forum its like a bunch if crying little kids. Whaa whaa whaa i cant fight against this weapon and this weapon is too strong and these people are noobs. Just shut up and play the f&^%ing game.

Tundon
06-18-2007, 05:30 AM
People just don't like admitting that it's their fault they died, so they blame any thing else possible e.g "lag", "host" etc.. I went through a whole game where one player in particular, EVERY time he died he'd scream "OH MY GOD F**KING HOST!" no matter who he was killed by.

Te1vanni_Guard
06-18-2007, 05:33 AM
People just don't like admitting that it's their fault they died, so they blame any thing else possible e.g "lag", "host" etc.. I went through a whole game where one player in particular, EVERY time he died he'd scream "OH MY GOD F**KING HOST!" no matter who he was killed by.
Ha ha. One of the reasons I love Ninja Gaiden Black. Bit off-topic, but if you die, it's your damn fault.

Just like on this game.

You frag-tagging bastard. Should have turned around or at least shot me. You shotgun using ****. Should have used the Lancer, or aimed better. You Lancer whore! Should have actually taken cover. Pistol whipping *****. Damn. You got me.

Tundon
06-18-2007, 05:34 AM
Ha ha. One of the reasons I love Ninja Gaiden Black. Bit off-topic, but if you die, it's your damn fault.

Just like on this game.

You frag-tagging bastard. Should have turned around or at least shot me. You shotgun using ****. Should have used the Lancer, or aimed better. You Lancer whore! Should have actually taken cover. Pistol whipping *****. Damn. You got me.

I get a few chainsaw kills in every game and it's always the same "YOU CHAINSAW NOOB!", I just state "If you had the competence to hit me with a single bullet I'd have been stunned.". <3 the chainsaw, so gruesome, so satisfying.

06-18-2007, 08:16 AM
If you kill me with it, its n00b.

:p

SharpShooter718
06-18-2007, 08:32 AM
Unfortunately, players are way too cocky and LIKE to think they are good, but aren't. When someone says that to me when I chainsaw I say:

Its part of the game dude. Besides, its your skills that are lacking if you let me chainsaw you.

Then if they say something like:

Well you should have shotgunned me..noob.

I say:

Like its going to make a difference. You were gonna be dead in the end. Does it matter? Were you going to call me a shotgun noob too?

They would pretty much keep quite after that.

StaticMan5000
06-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Frag Taggers are an genuine bunch... I personally don't like frag tagging but thats mainly because I rarely pull them off without dying... go figure... Doesn't bother me one bit, although I may get aggravated.

The only thing that pisses me off about Active reloaded snipers is when they don't attempt for a headshot,
but instead just blind fire to achieve one <~~ That is being noob.

The only thing I hate about the shotgun kiss (roadie run and fire at point blank range) Is it seems I can NEVER get it to work for me ... on or off host... its a personal anomaly.

Boom is just all around annoying, not so much anymore since the slide has been taken away... But then again I haven't played in 2 days.

The new lancer makes it feel more like war... I don't care how I die because I die so much... Just look at my quote in my sig.

Plug
06-18-2007, 10:48 AM
I don't have a problem with any way of killing in the game, but frag tagging and sniping bother me. Frag tagging isn't a big deal anymore. Epic has balanced that out very well now. I just hate when it's 3 on 1 or 4 on 1 and someone on the team of 3 or 4 tags the guy at the disadvantage while he's dodging fire from anyone else. Why would you bother? Let the guy at least have some sort of a fighting chance. Normally if you die from a frag tag then it's because you weren't watching your back, but that guy doesn't have much of a chance when he's got 2 or 3 other people to keep track of. It just seems like a b*tch move on the tagger's part.

As far as sniping goes, I personally don't care for snipers in any games but especially Gears. That's mainly because all they do is hang back away from danger while their team does all the work and all they do is pick off someone who isn't paying attention. And in Gears, when you NEED all four of your guys actively working together and being there to revive each other you'll always have one guy who won't be there when the sh*t hits the fan because he's trying to get a decent shot off from across the map. It's more of a personal thing, I just don't like having players like that on my team in Gears and nowadays it seems like any map with a sniper rifle has those kinds of players.

DacoiT
06-18-2007, 11:08 AM
I get a few chainsaw kills in every game and it's always the same "YOU CHAINSAW NOOB!", I just state "If you had the competence to hit me with a single bullet I'd have been stunned.". <3 the chainsaw, so gruesome, so satisfying.

lol i got avoided for chainsawing a guy from behind 3 times :mad:

Eternalnow
06-18-2007, 11:55 AM
people get so delusional when they get owned.
Its never their fault. Its either the n00b saw, the frag tagger-n00b, the n00b shotty, the cheap AR sniper, the melee cheapskate, the pistol queen.
No matter what, if they die, its because some n00b cheaped them to death.
So silly...
I own with the pistol, and I'm not talking just melee attacks. Unload an active clip to the face and watch them go down. In the lobby I get called a n00b, cheap and garbage all the time. Basically I suck because I mastered the pistol.
I find that hilarious.

RikJaymzBtch
06-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Greetings all, first post here... It's really funny. I've been called gay for stalking players from behind with a chainsaw, for blind firing a kill, and for aiming to bag a kill. Well then praytell, am I also gay for using the left stick and right stick? Gay for using cover? Gay for slapping my 60$ on the counter at gamestop to play with you fine examples of humanity? Seems so :D I'm personally amazed that there are so many of the gay community that plays Gears, and such a vast amount of the gamers that can only BE KILLED BY GAY PEOPLE! Funny, I never knew I was gay until some 10 year old told me... :eek:Memo to all you whiners. I'm probably twice as old as you, and you play and own far more games than i'll ever play(I have Gears and Madden) Your twitchy teenage reflexes trump mine, but I am evidently way more stubborn than you, more willing to use tactics and teammates, and more willing to adapt to every update Epic throws out. I have died maybe 4500 times and each one I've screwed the pooch and could have prevented it had I not had a momentary bout of window licking.You know, the clinical definition of insanity is when you keep performing the same actions while expecting different results. Sound familiar? We've all seen those meat sacks do the same thing, get countered and then whine. Hey bud, how would your dad feel if he heard you crying like a little girl over a game your supposed to play for fun? I just imagine fathers across the world thinking "that came from MY loins? IMPOSSIBLE" If you really get that upset at something you consider a hobby, just how much satisfaction do you expect to find the rest of your life? Maybe find another hobby more suitable for your delicate disposition like shoe shopping, or toenail painting...
One last thing. I'd love an icon for people who quit early. I wouldn't want to see one for rank, too easy to exploit. Just one for quitting say 25 times. And maybe after you play for 250 CONSECTUTIVE matches you would lose the icon and join the rest of us non quitters. Any ideas from the community for the icon? I'm proposing a bloody vagina, then Epic could give me a tampon achievement for "plugging 100 bloody vaginas" And the pun is totally intended.
Great forum, great game and 85% of the players I play with I have a TOTAL BLAST with. Kudos to you, y'all know who you are.:cool:

Ik0n
06-18-2007, 12:33 PM
If you kill me with it, its n00b.

:p

Yeah, that's what most people seem to think. I know your being sarcastic... but that is generally why people complain.