PDA

View Full Version : L A G

Bones!
04-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Is it just me or is it that whenever I play Annex on any given map and time I always lag? What about you guys? Could it be the playlist? Comments please :)

Crovax87
04-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Its because Epic failed to put in that when numerous smoke grenades/dead bodies are everywhere your frame rate will drop significantly low and make it very difficult to shoot things.

Ik0n
04-17-2007, 11:37 PM
Is it just me or is it that whenever I play Annex on any given map and time I always lag? What about you guys? Could it be the playlist? Comments please :)

Yeah, the frame-rate slows down when playing Annex.. probably because the increased amount of gameplay.

Einchy
04-17-2007, 11:45 PM
For Annex you need an extremely good connection.

PR0 Series
04-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Will you kids stop confusing internet lag and framerates dropping. They are totally different things.

Lag is a latency problem with the internet connection.
Choppy framerates is a slowdown problem with the hardware not being able to handle that much on screen.

huge difference.

Einchy
04-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Will you kids stop confusing internet lag and framerates dropping. They are totally different things.

Lag is a latency problem with the internet connection.
Choppy framerates is a slowdown problem with the hardware not being able to handle that much on screen.

huge difference.

I know what they both are and I'm 100% sure it's not frame rate problems. If I have to lead my shots and are I'm moving in a normal speed I'm pretty sure thats not choppy frame rate.

Ik0n
04-18-2007, 03:10 AM
I know what they both are and I'm 100% sure it's not frame rate problems. If I have to lead my shots and are I'm moving in a normal speed I'm pretty sure thats not choppy frame rate.

It's a frame-rate problem.

Grub
04-18-2007, 05:20 AM
It's a frame-rate problem.

He's right it is. Host a game wait till there has been over 60 kills then go stand a top a high point and watch everyone running about, it looks like a badly filmed animation!

Jakyl420
04-18-2007, 11:34 AM
agreed.

the quick solution to this is for epic to just make it so that the bodies dissapear as soon as you respawn.

xSOULxREAPERx
04-18-2007, 11:40 AM
agreed.

the quick solution to this is for epic to just make it so that the bodies dissapear as soon as you respawn.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTRUExTHATxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx