PDA

View Full Version : Lag meter

TheNakedTickler
04-10-2007, 12:39 AM
Ok so i don't know the proper name for it but you guys know when a list of games avaliable comes up and to the right of how many players there are in that game there's that meter that tells you how laggy that game is. Whenever i refresh it it always comes up as 3 gray bars, sometimes i get 2 yellow... Can anyone explain to me what these mean. I can guess that 2 yellow is not great but its better than 1 red. I just want to know why most of my games come up as 3 gray. Does that mean the meter couldn't tell how laggy the game is not or not?

nevatripalone
04-10-2007, 12:40 AM
i was also wondering this

York
04-10-2007, 12:43 AM
I would like to get rid of the bars altogether and just incorporate a listing of the pings, like in most PC games.

StarPilot
04-10-2007, 12:47 AM
The lag system is flawed, period.

Look at Vs. mutiplayer game, almost all of them are 3 grey bars.
Now look at Campaign Coop over Live, nothing but 1 red bar games, even if the same connection would give a 3 grey bar Vs. mode game.

Fix the bars Epic.

TheNakedTickler
04-10-2007, 01:29 AM
Damn i was hoping it was just a problem i could fix. You know what i wish they had a system where it would only return games (if you wanted) around your area. No offense i'm tired of joining UK games not only do i lag but i end up either getting kicked or leaving out of frustration... Would it be that hard to have an option to say "only return the fatest games"?