PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to be able to kill myself while down (in the game)

TooMuchButtHair
04-02-2007, 02:23 PM
I'd really like to be able to press the X-button while down and shoot myself with the pistol while down. Getting humped and smoked for 60 seconds really sucks.

Fox_Starwing
04-02-2007, 02:25 PM
For some reason I actually like this idea. In warzone, If you tap a fast enough, you get the option of commiting hari-kari. Blow your own head off if the enemy decides to hump you for 60 seconds. I like it!

Gdawgum
04-02-2007, 02:28 PM
and in addition, if the enemy waits that long, You get Points for Executing yourself!! BRILLIANT!........*awkward silence*

Wedgie
04-02-2007, 02:36 PM
That is a good idea. And if you kill yourself the other guy will get points for the down but nobody gets points for the kill.

Dillusion48
04-02-2007, 02:44 PM
I wouldn't mind this either. But they should get the points for the kill. They did down you.
________
SHIP SALE (http://ship-sale.com/)

WoolyPower
04-02-2007, 02:51 PM
This is the best idea I've heard for a while.

BUT.......

If you down someone, whats to stop them from blowing their brains out as soon as they hit the floor? It's a good idea, but it has a huge downside. Maybe the X (suicide) button only becomes active if the downer is in your proximity for longer than X number of seconds?

Purple Gryphon
04-02-2007, 02:55 PM
That is a really good idea. Maybe it takes 10 seconds to kill yourself. That should be plenty of time to switch weapons and finish them. You should also loose the kill points for being an A$$ and smoking for a minute. It would really speed the game up when playing with jerks.

DiscombobulatedThi
04-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Not the X button though... Too close to the A button, especially when 2 players go down and it becomes a button mashing contest. Mabye the useless Y button (bit further). Or hold down the down on the D-Pad.

Near Fantastica
04-02-2007, 03:04 PM
I think that's a good idea. Should I rob the other team of a kill and end it myself? Or should I tap A and hope to be rivived? In fact I think this would be a very important feature should Epic every have a gametype that focuses more on a team's total points rather than who survives and who doesn't.

TooMuchButtHair
04-02-2007, 03:13 PM
The guy who downed you would still get all the points for the kill - I wasn't saying trying to say otherwise.

h20
04-02-2007, 03:23 PM
The guy who downed you would still get all the points for the kill - I wasn't saying trying to say otherwise.

Agreed.

10char

Ragius
04-02-2007, 03:35 PM
When I first got gang raped and smoked while being danced around by the frag swingers - I thought that in Warzone, and if you're the last person on your team left, if someone downs you you're automatically dead - or you will die automatically in like 5 seconds and the kill will do to the downer if someone else doesn't kill you first from the other team.

I saw absolutely no point in a final down in Warzone since there's nothing you can do about it. If both players from each team are left and go down together then that rule wouldn't apply and it would be like it is now.

Your idea is fine, but then if you kill yourself the other team who is about to rape you knows that it makes you mad that they are getting to you. If the downed person had no option and was killed on a timer regardless then they wouldn't blame you for "not owning up to your death" or something stupid they would say.

shades_of_grey
04-02-2007, 03:47 PM
This is a very good idea. When you're downed, you should have the option of ending it yourself, perhaps with the Y button. Your char should just take out his pistol, put it to his head, and blow his brains out, while flipping off the morons dancing around swinging grenades and/or moving in such as way as to suggest inter-species gay rape.

Skynyrd Fan
04-02-2007, 03:58 PM
This is actually a good idea. But the guy should still get the kill and you shouldnt be able to kill yourself imediatly.

Trooper
04-02-2007, 04:01 PM
This is the best idea I've heard for a while.

BUT.......

If you down someone, whats to stop them from blowing their brains out as soon as they hit the floor? It's a good idea, but it has a huge downside. Maybe the X (suicide) button only becomes active if the downer is in your proximity for longer than X number of seconds?

I think it should only be allowed if your the last guy left on your team and your down for more then five seconds. That would be a better Idea.

{SM}LeadSniper
04-02-2007, 04:18 PM
i suggest Y button rather than X becuase its the least used and the option should be opened at 1/2 of total bleed-out time so 5 sec after 2.5 you can kill yourself 10, 5 and is capped at 20 secs from 40 sec on. and if you kill yourself nether party gets the kill nor looses points.

ratherbballin17
04-02-2007, 04:32 PM
Im liking this idea. But I also agree the downer should get points for the kill, and there should be a time that allows the downer to come over and finish you off, if not then its up to the downed player to pull the trigger.