PDA

View Full Version : The whole quitting issue

visionary
01-31-2007, 04:14 PM
People leaving games has become ridiculous, I can barely go a game without at least 1 person leaving. This got me to thinking, what if they aren't quitting but just losing their connection. I know I get booted/disconnected from a game fairly often (I'm not talking about that box that comes up with the quit option to press be either). To the other players in the match, this would look like I quit the match by choice. I checked to see if I had a firewall or anything, my connection is 'open' and good for lag. This happens to me even when I Host, I have no idea what the problem is, but I know I'm not the only one. How can you penalize someone who has lost connection, probably due to a bug in the game? What makes matters worse, is the remaining players lose any points from that game if the player-total drops below 6. I'm not trying to *****, because I love this damn game, but just trying to bring this to others attention. If there is a concrete way to know if someone quit or was booted, then they should make it so he/she cannot join a new game until the game they quit from is finished

imweasel666
01-31-2007, 04:19 PM
i thought of that too, no real way to prove it though but the lose points thing is kinda unneccessary

roman son21
01-31-2007, 04:23 PM
the thing is y would u leave
u still get points even though u lost
so just play through

visionary
01-31-2007, 04:29 PM
so just play through

That's exactly my point! Why would anyone leave? This is what makes me think that more people lose their connection than quit. There still is gonna be quitters, but the amount of quitting in this game is unreal(no pun intended). I've seen people with top scores leave, would that person have actually quit?

dmbledore
01-31-2007, 04:42 PM
People are going to quit and will continue to do so regardless of the penalty.

Allmighty2022
01-31-2007, 04:45 PM
so just play through

thats my philosiphy

Killer S
01-31-2007, 04:49 PM
Well some people just want to make another people mad or people find reasons to quit, so no matter what game you get into your going to have quitters. As for me I haven't seen a quitter in like 2 days, so I guess i'm getting a little lucky.

Unique78
01-31-2007, 04:51 PM
That's exactly my point! Why would anyone leave? This is what makes me think that more people lose their connection than quit. There still is gonna be quitters, but the amount of quitting in this game is unreal(no pun intended). I've seen people with top scores leave, would that person have actually quit?

I disagree. Pretty much everyone that has 'dropped out', never had their mic on, and they usually have the least amount of points. If they are talkers, they usually have communition skills that are equal to a horny teenage crocodile.

Once in a blue moon, one of my friends will drop, and it's his connection that's the issue because it usually is the same friend that has that issue (not anymore as he switched from wireless to fiber). But pretty much all the time, the person that drops, is a no talker. Which is suspect in itself.

visionary
01-31-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm a talker, and a non-quitter and I've been booted at least 30 times. It drives me f*cking crazy! I've spoken to others in the game that has it happen to them as well. I haven't got a bad rep from it yet thankfully, but I hope it's something that will be fixed in next patch. It didn't happen as often before this current patch.

Killer S
01-31-2007, 05:04 PM
Yeah that use to happen to me, but I fixed it because it hasn't done that to me in 3 weeks.

Ghostrider 20XX
01-31-2007, 06:19 PM
I was told that people quit games to prevent themselves from losing points and losing in general..... :confused: I don't see the point in that. What does it matter if you get high points or achievements? They're just there for show. It's not like you're gonna get any new weapons or maps and such.

Gomjaba
01-31-2007, 06:28 PM
I also see most of the time people leaving with the less points .. either people cannot be bothered to finish the round or I don't know .. I am not that kinda pro - 14 year old gamer .. I play rather to chill, if I get the achievement or not, I don't care ... But it bothers me most that IF people leaving, the teams stay uneven, like 1vs4 as we just had AGAIN .... it would be better if then some people are at least moved to the other team or something. BUT: On some player matches we had someone keep saying that his connection drops sometimes but he'll be back every time that happens .. and guess what, EVERY time it happend everybody got the popup that the connection with every player is bad and you might disconnect pressing B ... so my guess is : MOST of the people DO quit ..

GodzSOULjah
01-31-2007, 06:34 PM
A couple times yesterday players left when their team were up a couple rounds.Then a guy on my team left when we won a round and put us ahead(he left after we won).I actually messaged him later and he said he left because he was killed by blindfire shotgun when he aiming at the guy in cover.So some people are just retarded when they leave.

visionary
01-31-2007, 10:55 PM
Does anyone know why this happens to me? After posting this, it happened to me again, I was getting a killer score as well, its really frusterating!

Killer S
01-31-2007, 11:03 PM
It mite have something to do with your connection or something like that.