PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Championship 2 On Xlink Kai

xtruealphx
01-17-2007, 09:57 AM
Ok People, I have Xbox Live on Xbox360 but I only made the account at a friends house and don't have constant access to it.

Xlink Kai is a way to play Xbox games over the internet by way of Xbox System Link. Now lately, I have been playing UC2 with friends on Xlink Kai and its been fun even though the lack of people.

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

1. Register there for an account (it's free)
2. Go there in order to get the software for your pc
3. You must have a router connected to a pc and Xbox in order to play
4. If you need help my Windows Live Messenger ID is: f1erc3@hotmail.com
5. Join my arena on Xlink Kai, fire up UC2 and join my game
6. Get you face Flak Cannoned

See you guys there

ShredPrince
01-17-2007, 12:56 PM
SIcSic also posted about this, so you mighht can find games with him.

I have a two month XBL account that runs out in late Feb, so then I'll try this stuff.

I'm gonna go take a look right now though.

ShredPrince
01-17-2007, 01:20 PM
I got it set-up,so any one else wants to as well....go for it, pretty easy.

I did it despite having XBL cause it's like having two server monitors.

I can go to system link to find games, or Xbox live....LOL.

I'll leave a systyem link game running for a large prtion of the day so if any of ya decie to try this you can come play with me.

Snoogans you should try this so maybe we can play on a more consistent basis.

ThePigster
01-17-2007, 08:54 PM
I downloaded it, but no one is on. I know for a fact that you can't play with someone that doesn't have the patch if you have it and vise-versa.

snoogans460
01-17-2007, 10:36 PM
Nothing personal, but I'll pass. I'm already paying $100 bucks a year to keep both of my gamertags active. Not that I really care about the money, since gaming's a huge part of my life and always worth the dough... no questions asked.

This online system link network seems like a decent alternative, but doesn't exactly make sense with so few people playing. It would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack whenever hopping on LIVE.

I understand that for some people it might be the only option. However, if an individual has access to Xbox LIVE ($7.99 a month or less isn't much), then they should take advantage.

ShredPrince
01-18-2007, 12:19 AM
That was'nt quite the ponit.

First off due to our problems, it might help us have some planned games....

Also I think there is a distinct possiblilty it might perform better, cause it's not going through XBL (Voice chat, FR,stats, all that crap).

In theory, this might cause alot less lag, cause there is alot less to keep track of.

Also I've done many system link games, and though it shares many attributes of Online XBL play, like certain glitches etc, I never seen a lag-out happen.I've seen it happen on a dedi and client in the same house on the same connection though.Some glitches remain, while other don't.For instance non-host wraith still works fully, and other stuff like that.

So it might perform better, and we can play at least a little.

The point is not to "find hella games" cause really there are none.IT's a small little program that just aloows your system link to read over the net when opened if your PC is on a router.

easy....and not complicated....and you'll always have a extra server monitor for those times when it says "no XBL matches detected".

ThePigster
01-18-2007, 03:26 AM
Snoogs does have a point about the community being divided already. I think Xbox Live isn't the lag problem though, it's the game. I know for me, going through my computer would mean going through my wireless router and and then having all the stupid spyware on my rig interfering with my connection. Normally I just go straight from the modem to my Xbox so I get less lag. I'm still down to try this though.

I wouldn't miss voice chat either since I got called a noob and chewed out so many times yesterday on UC2 as it is.

ShredPrince
01-18-2007, 05:34 AM
I had no problems setting it up, I did'nt have to do anything.If your Xbox is already hooked into a router, realy all you gotta do is register, and install the software, then hit the globe, then the spy glass, after turning on the Xbox.

easy..........

My point is this:
Like tonight Snoogs and I cannot play cause we cannot join each others servers.....we could hop over to the Xlink Kai, and possibly get a game in....

I just seee it as an extra option, besides,only Halo peple are playing on it really.....

It's not a big hassle, and it's pretty cool kowing you have that other option.

I just wish someone would try it with me like one time, so I can see if it works, and to see what, if any performace difference their is, good or bad.

snoogans460
01-18-2007, 06:46 AM
I'm always willing to try new things, and extra options are good... but it just doesn't seem worth all the trouble when Live is perfectly capable of handling everything (with more players).

I'll possibly consider it, but after having countless troubles with my connection the past few days, I'm just not entirely sure. Ever since that worthless Gears update, my connection says the firewall is restricting access (which didn't happen before).

My NAT is Strict and now I have to go through the hassle of tinkering with my network to get everything to work properly (mostly for Gears) - although, it's dropping me in other 360 games as well. Damn routers I tell ya. UC2 runs flawless though.

ThePigster
01-18-2007, 06:47 AM
I would try it, except it shuts down after a min and says something like "port blah blah blah unreachable" or some crap like that. I don't think it agrees with my wireless connection. No one's on UC2 anyway though.

ggs snoogs

SythVenom
01-18-2007, 08:39 PM
xlink kai is cool, but honestly I think xbconnect is better. Also snoogs, don't you have your xbox modded. you can actually install both on your system. I also believe that xbmc has it xlink already packaged within it. But hey it is fun to use if you got say halo. almost everybody plays halo with it. But also I shred is right. The performance is actually better. It is a direct connection between you and the other players. No other servers located at a company then to the oppenent. Plus both has ping ratings. So you can get rid of players that have high pings. It is a must for people that don't have xbl. I am just disappointed that not a whole lot of people know about it.

xtruealphx
01-19-2007, 01:12 AM
Ok Fellas,

Today I will host in Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict at 8:00pm eastern time. I will host on Xlink Kai so look for me.

My Skype Tag is truealph
My Xlink Kai Tag is truealph so add me

Since the game does not support voice over system link, if any of you guys have microphones whether they be USB or other for the pc, I will host a voice chat room by way of Skype.

Download Skype
http://www.skype.com/download/skype/windows/

Install That Software, configure it (Registration is quick free and easy) and add me, then we can have a conference call while we play.

Looking forward to seeing you guys join in tonight and until next time.

ThePigster
01-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Too bad I can't get Xlink to stay on for more than 2 minutes.

xtruealphx
01-19-2007, 02:39 PM
hey pigster
i can host on both xbc and kai at the same time, if you want in i can accomadate you

ThePigster
01-19-2007, 08:25 PM
I'm down. I have XBConnect and it works. Do you have the patch and dlc already? I don't feel like deleting that stuff from my hard drive.

xtruealphx
01-19-2007, 08:38 PM
I'm down. I have XBConnect and it works. Do you have the patch and dlc already? I don't feel like deleting that stuff from my hard drive.

Dang Bro,

I had it, but its gone

However I used to have a server and its there but its down

So I have to go to my sis house and get it or get her fiance to send it me

If you could back it up and delete it though, that would be cool

Besides if we have it and other people don't, it will suck cause they wont be able to join, So i think we should be considerate to the majority

Also get skype or teamspeak and let me know which one u want to use in order to talk while we play

Peace

Also tell me what kinda gametype and stuff, so if i kick your butt it will be ur style