PDA

View Full Version : On the amount post-patch complaints....

HaunterV
01-10-2007, 01:48 PM
seriously people where is the love for epic? They give you two new and fantastic map for FREE! mind you they could have charged 800 MSpoints but chose not to, And what d othey get for their generosity?

COMPLAINTS!! a nonending string of threads about host name being gone and such... Uhh not the way to show gratitude people... I'm fairly certain that if something doesnt change I wouldnt be surprised to see the next map pack costing points. IF there is another map pack or patch.

Thank you epic The maps are wonderful and I hope you realise that the forums are only a tiny reflection of the people who own one of the 2.5 million copies sold. I for one thank you and encourage you to keep it up.

No, I apologize for my fellow gamers behaviour.

Voradors
01-10-2007, 01:51 PM
na...def much love to Epic on a great game...and thier continued support of it.

only thing im not fond of is the route that they took the ranked games. besides that....great game

bitonti
01-10-2007, 01:56 PM
the problem here is that gears could be the greatest game ever made - if it wasn't for one or two fatal flaws

people are complaining b/c it is so great... and could be an all time great

if this was a crappy game no one would care

LaMeRz
01-10-2007, 01:57 PM
yes we are fair..i have no complaints..but when you plop down $60+ for a game yuocan complain all yuo want

onestunr
01-10-2007, 01:57 PM
How about a "Yes, they deserve more complaints" option? Anyways, I think the discovery channel gave us those maps for free, but really nothing is free--most paid 60+ dollars for this game. I liked most of the patch updates though, with the exception of the VGA update that made my graphics squished together. The lack of party support is also a valid reason to complain, but several of the updates were very good through my eyes.

Kuma Kensai
01-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Seriously, lets not forget that these maps weren't free. The discovery channel paid for it...and it must have been enough for Epic not to charge us for it. It's not like the people at Epic spent nights not getting paid so they could give us these maps. It's cool that we get them, but someone in some form definetly paid for them. If the bill wasn't fronted by the Discovery channel we most likely would have paid for them so don't forget to say thanks to those at Discovery, they are probably more directly responsible for you not paying for the maps. Developers don't work for free.

Hb45
01-10-2007, 05:11 PM
I wont lie.... The no host name blows whale gonads, but the rest of the patch is sweet, especially the two new maps. Thank you Discovery channel!!! I knew there was a reason i loved watching the amazing those crazy critters. Oh yea! I'm gonna shout out animal planet too! Meerkat manor is da shizznit! You' guys at animal planet should pony up for two new maps too! show the gaming community some animal love! (just kidding! just kidding! i'm only half-seriious.... unless you're gonna do it.....wink wink

Hb45
01-10-2007, 05:15 PM
P:S I've got blood my eyes! AH! ignore the "those" after amazing and before crazy critters. Damn blood.....

ststephan
01-10-2007, 05:16 PM
So far I like everything about the game, Epic, patch and maps. Remove the host update to the ranked matches and you are flawless. :D

Visco
01-10-2007, 05:19 PM
it isnt epics falt. Grow up. stop acting like little kids and complaining about something that doesnt go your way

duranduran1984
01-10-2007, 05:20 PM
it isnt epics falt. Grow up. stop acting like little kids and complaining about something that doesnt go your way

Why isn't it Epic's fault? I missed that reason.

Pwning j00z
01-10-2007, 05:22 PM
The argument, "I paid 60$ so I have a right to bytch." holds no water. If you didn't know about this before you bought it, research. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure most places allow 30 day return on Video Games as long as it isn't PC so please, rather than fill the boards with this crap, use your true right to return it.

Wichall
01-10-2007, 05:22 PM
What do you do when it's past those 30 days? How can you predict a patch?

treemonkeys
01-10-2007, 05:23 PM
I'll gladly play $20 for two ****ty new maps if it meant we didn't get a ****ty update that makes playing with friends a pain in the ass. Raven down doesn't even count as a map.

People can still map glitch and force endless draws, but epic decided to "fix" the problem with friends who liked to play on the say team. After paying for this game as well as talking friends into buying a 360 just for this game, they stuck it up our ass in hopes of making the game more noob friendly.

Hb45
01-10-2007, 05:23 PM
The game would be flawless wouldnt it? come on Epic! You can take over the world if you "adjust" (oh yea! you like that huh!?yea i said it! "ADJUST") the ranked scheme. Dammit! you guys gotta stop bleedind all over me its getting in my eyes!

treemonkeys
01-10-2007, 05:24 PM
The argument, "I paid 60$ so I have a right to bytch." holds no water. If you didn't know about this before you bought it, research. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure most places allow 30 day return on Video Games as long as it isn't PC so please, rather than fill the boards with this crap, use your true right to return it.

It's been more than 30 days, and I would if I could. I don't know of any game store that will take games back if they're opened, unless the game is defective.

Visco
01-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Why isn't it Epic's fault? I missed that reason.

its microsofts policy

Visco
01-10-2007, 05:25 PM
I'll gladly play $20 for two ****ty new maps if it meant we didn't get a ****ty update that makes playing with friends a pain in the ass. Raven down doesn't even count as a map.

People can still map glitch and force endless draws, but epic decided to "fix" the problem with friends who liked to play on the say team. After paying for this game as well as talking friends into buying a 360 just for this game, they stuck it up our ass in hopes of making the game more noob friendly.

you know the maps were free right?

LaMeRz
01-10-2007, 05:26 PM

Just because I know there are glitches I can't complain? I paid $60 for a game and can't complain to the developers?

ummm..by your logic if you didn't vote for president you can't complain about the results or President Bush. Or if you bought a 360 knowing that some are faulty and yours breaks you can't complain to MS?

It is the consumers right and job to complain if they feel like they are not pleased with the product or if they want to see an improvement. Maybe you want to jsut sit there and take things jsut as they are, but others want to customize their experience or try to share their opinions with the creators (and also with the people who can fix their complaints)

duranduran1984
01-10-2007, 05:26 PM
its microsofts policy

No, it's not. TrueSkill allows for ranked team play with friends.

For the 50th time:
http://research.microsoft.com/mlp/trueskill/FAQ.aspx

under team play.

treemonkeys
01-10-2007, 05:28 PM
you know the maps were free right?

Yeah I know they were free dumbass, I'm saying I'd rather pay for them than get this ****ty patch.

Visco
01-10-2007, 05:29 PM
well there is a legit reason why they did this. For fairness. Maybe you are to busy "pwning nubs" that yuou cant think how the randoms feel. This is why they did it. It IS a good reason. Maybe not to you but for the random people. now this way every one is on an equal playing field

Hb45
01-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Epic needs to nut the hell up and stop acting like "man"-ginas. Give the majority what they want. Have a bloody online poll once and for all and go with the winner, whether it be host names or no host names. I would stop my "qoute on qoute" *****in, and except democracy in action!

Visco
01-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Epic needs to nut the hell up and stop acting like "man"-ginas. Give the majority what they want. Have a bloody online poll once and for all and go with the winner, whether it be host names or no host names. I would stop my "qoute on qoute" *****in, and except democracy in action!

do u think they are going to do that if u act like that? i doubt it

Visco
01-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Oh and let me guess wat u wil do. FIrst u will quote me. then u will make sum ignorant insult towards me sayiing that im stupid, im a dumbass or something along those lines.

Hb45
01-10-2007, 05:34 PM
did i spell accept as expect??? sorry, there was blood in my eyes. thats my story and I'm sticking to it!...

Hb45
01-10-2007, 05:37 PM
no i dont wanna argue i wanna shoot you in the fae on xbox live... just for the mutual fun and challenge of course!!!! nothing personal.

Visco
01-10-2007, 05:38 PM
yea i didnt read ur post. only the first 2 sentances so i didnt pay attention to that

Visco
01-10-2007, 05:38 PM
no i dont wanna argue i wanna shoot you in the fae on xbox live... just for the mutual fun and challenge of course!!!! nothing personal.

told u. You will make some stupid comment or some ilde threat

Evil Edz
01-10-2007, 05:39 PM
It gets depressing hearing all these whiners whine. There's a nice way to suggest things. Thank you Epic FOR GETTING SOME1 (Discovery Channel) TO PAY FOR THESE MAPS SO I DONT HAVE TO! F*** the stat whores and their ranked stats

Blind Hammer

First you should do a poll on how many people actually get online to read these forums or WOULD participate in doing your aforementioned vote.

=) The majority of forum posters are negative and only whine and complain - this goes with any game because they believe their opinions matter must simply because they shout them out.

Any poll done on here would be inaccurate... the best way to do one would be through XBL, but who would even do that?

Visco
If you want the reason why they made the patch, check my thread. It is the one that says QUIT posting thread about the ptach

Hb45
01-10-2007, 05:40 PM
thats cool.. i still want us to shoot each other sometime in the near future. Respcectfully of course...

Visco
01-10-2007, 05:40 PM
First you should do a poll on how many people actually get online to read these forums or WOULD participate in doing your aforementioned vote.

=) The majority of forum posters are negative and only whine and complain - this goes with any game because they believe their opinions matter must simply because they shout them out.

Any poll done on here would be inaccurate... the best way to do one would be through XBL, but who would even do that?

You sir are correct. most of the people only come to the forums to complain about things. The other just want to talke. But those who actually like it, Are playing the game

Blind Hammer
01-10-2007, 05:43 PM
You sir are correct. most of the people only come to the forums to complain about things. The other just want to talke. But those who actually like it, Are playing the game

Yup. The people who have opinions (mostly) worth hearing are those participating in game play rather than spending 90% of their time on forums, complaining.

I switch out between Gears of War and World of Warcraft so my forum posting is inbetween loading and que times for BG's in WoW. Hahah.

Hb45
01-10-2007, 05:44 PM
that not a threat!!! Its my way of saying we should take it to the battlrfield and have some laughs man. no harm in that right? sorry if I offended you Visco

ZombieOnXbox
Its wrong how we are told how to play our games, we are the consumer and we are who matter...both those who like the patch and those who oppose the patch. Its tiring to hear "Play Players Matches" cause thats just not going to satisfy the masses who resist, freedom is the key here.

Revlett
I voted no. The majority of people that are whining about the patch probably have no programming experience whatsoever. If they did they might would understand why some things take a while to do and not everything will be perfect. Epic has already stated that this was a minor update and that they know everyone wants a party system.

Visco
01-10-2007, 05:45 PM
that not a threat!!! Its my way of saying we should take it to the battlrfield and have some laughs man. no harm in that right? sorry if I offended you Visco

no offense taken i am jsut used to people flaming me because i like the patch

Blind Hammer
I voted no. The majority of people that are whining about the patch probably have no programming experience whatsoever. If they did they might would understand why some things take a while to do and not everything will be perfect. Epic has already stated that this was a minor update and that they know everyone wants a party system.

Yep.

The people complaining are those that aren't listening.

Visco
They did the patch for a reason. For fairness. This is why

A good player should be able to handle any situation. They should be able to adapt to the things they are handed. If u are playing with randoms. COMMUNICATE. if they dont, then u have to work with them. follwo them. If they get downed heal them. If they are killing some one, add to there power.

Stop complaining about quiters and people who suck because of the randoms. Both teams are filled with random people. Both people take those risks. Both teams are as u say "uncoordinated" because no body knows each other. Don't complain about the random people because it is happeneing to both teams.

IF the teams are as bad as u make them out to be then they should run out alone like u say. If that happens its a 1 vs 1 game. if u are good then u will beat them. Just take them out one by one. If u dont want to then work with your team. Stop thinking about ur self. You have to work together. Once u are capable of being able to adapt then u will win. Like i said if they dont listen, then follow them and help them if u are soooo worryed about them dieing.

Hb45
yea. I believe we should have a poll on XBL that would be the ultimate way to empower the serious gamer. take 2-3 mins to xote and be done with the whinning

MushroomRevenge
01-10-2007, 05:46 PM
These maps aren't exactly fantastic they seem like test maps and one only has frags and is too small (Raven Down). I would have rather paid 400 ms points for quality maps then free maps that feel really unfinished. Also this patch is attrocious name one positive thing about it.

Visco
01-10-2007, 05:47 PM
yea raven down is too small and it only has frags which can get really old. Old bones is good but it lacks weapons

Blind Hammer
01-10-2007, 05:47 PM
These maps aren't exactly fantastic they seem like test maps and one only has frags and is too small (Raven Down). I would have rather paid 400 ms points for quality maps then free maps that feel really unfinished. Also this patch is attrocious name one positive thing about it.

Raven Down is a quality map... it's Epic trying to include variables in map design. All the maps have access to "power weapons" which is good, but gets old. They put in a straight up skirmish map that results in brutal fire-fights.

Raven Down is THE map.

ecribit
01-10-2007, 05:49 PM
i don't think anyone is complaining about the new maps. everyone is complaining tha they can't play ranked with friends which i personaly think is Fu^king gay

Hb45
01-10-2007, 05:50 PM
yea. I believe we should have a poll on XBL that would be the ultimate way to empower the serious gamer. take 2-3 mins to vote and be done with the whinning forever. people only complain because they carre about this awesome game. you think anyone is complaining about viva pinata??? (viva pinata just an example! those that play this game and enjoy it and carry on, I come in peace!

Visco
yea but some people might not even do it because they dont care enough about their voice getting heard

Blind Hammer
i don't think anyone is complaining about the new maps. everyone is complaining tha they can't play ranked with friends which i personaly think is Fu^king gay

It's not fair when you can quite easily set up your own game while those that come in are considered "pick up" randoms. I'll take my terminology from WoW and call it a PUG or PUR.

I'm all for epic disabling it UNTIL they get a full party system. =)

duranduran1984
01-10-2007, 05:51 PM

I have been programming for 5 years, so I do know things take a while. It doesn't take any time to say "Hey, we're working on a party system, no idea when it'll be finished". Also, in my opinion, this should have been implemented on release, the proper attention was not given to the multiplayer component of this game.

Visco
01-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Also if no body saw my earlier post

They did the patch for a reason. For fairness. This is why

A good player should be able to handle any situation. They should be able to adapt to the things they are handed. If u are playing with randoms. COMMUNICATE. if they dont, then u have to work with them. follwo them. If they get downed heal them. If they are killing some one, add to there power.

Stop complaining about quiters and people who suck because of the randoms. Both teams are filled with random people. Both people take those risks. Both teams are as u say "uncoordinated" because no body knows each other. Don't complain about the random people because it is happeneing to both teams.

IF the teams are as bad as u make them out to be then they should run out alone like u say. If that happens its a 1 vs 1 game. if u are good then u will beat them. Just take them out one by one. If u dont want to then work with your team. Stop thinking about ur self. You have to work together. Once u are capable of being able to adapt then u will win. Like i said if they dont listen, then follow them and help them if u are soooo worryed about them dieing.

Rogue Soldier
01-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Ok there are already alot of thread out there. Dont make more. This is why epic keeps closing them. ok?

Also about the patch, quit whinning about it. Im tired of see the forums filled up with the same thing say about the no friends in ranked. It gets old.

There are gonna be more and more posts until EPIC informs gamers of what they have planned in regards to the party gaming if any.
The following ppl because they don't communicate is BS. im not here to babysit.
Quitter's, it happens both in ranked and PvsP....but you don't get booted in Ranked if your whooping some 16 year old punk that happens to be the host.
The thought of having to adapt, and try to get your team motivated each and every new map is absolutely ridiculous. Sure it won't be everytime...but it will be at least half the time. Thats the problem.

Hb45
01-10-2007, 06:14 PM
If you show us the way we will listen. but if we dont know where we're going, then all is for naught. people dont like the unknown. its natural for them to feel angry when they have no clue where they will end up(I'm reffering to the host issue of course)

Army Andy
01-10-2007, 06:19 PM
yes... but im so sorry guys - noones playing with this host name problem.

It must be sorted to save the game i thikn - well in an online sense anyway.

darkkshadow449
01-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Epic killed the game with the patch. (the shriveled up dieing game.)

Kangaroo711
01-10-2007, 06:48 PM
None of the whinny little brats that complain about the new patch and ranking system seem to remember that RANKED matches are intended to be with random players to compete against different people for the sake of challenging your game skill. PLAYER matches are for playing with your friends. Playing with your friends would make it easier to bost points and make it unfair if you have a team of 4 players that play together all the time against 4 players who just met. The point is play RANKED if you want to earn your achievments and climb up the growing ladder of Gears of War. Have some fun with your friends in PLAYER matches.

Get over it. You don't like the way it is? Don't player? Less douchebags for me to come across on xboxlive.

The new maps are awsome. And I love the problems that have been addressed with the new patch. Thank you Epic for your hardwork. Maybe its just me, I dont expect that much out of a game. Gears has rewarded me with more than I could have hoped for in a game. The patches show they still care and support their game and the maps are a gift.

Quit your *****ing and play. Epic doesnt owe you anything so stop acting like they do. End of story.

Thats my two cents.

BowdzUnit
01-10-2007, 06:49 PM
First off, I would like to say that I truely enjoy the complimentary maps from Epic and Discovery. I personally have nothing against the current patch; if I want to play a game with my friends, we will always go to the player matches. Most games that are updated usualy have a disgruntled group of gamers that enjoy the game far more before the update than after. Games such as WoW, WC3, SWG ect. all have had a small group of vocal opponents to the patch.

Epic is not a stupid or fledgeling company; they truely know what they are doing and how to do it better than anyone else. As it has been stated before, this is not the only patch. With the amount of outcry to the Host removal, I would not be surprised if they added a team based option of party option, but they are not going to revert the game back to its original state overnight. Instead of simply throwing in the towel on this game, keep posting your views on the current state of the game and be constructive to Epic so that they can fix this patch and enhance the game so it pleases their entire audience and no one is unhappy. Epic does care about their fans as they have proven with the UT series, so just give them time and opinions to fix this update.

Just Cause
01-10-2007, 06:57 PM
I love the game, I love the new maps, I love that they are free.

All said and done I am sure everyone that takes enough interest in the game to post an opinion here loves the game and just wants it to be the best it can be.

Some opinions and post may appear negative but IMO they are just passionate crys to make things better.

I vote NO, people do not appreciate what we have and what Epic has given us but I think everyone has the right to express themselves how they please.

Hb45
01-10-2007, 07:08 PM
. XBLive is supposed to fasilatate a gaming community for team play. hence,the headset abd camera, etc... I would love for games to warn you like a month or two in advance how their multiplayer works. especailly when people didnt like the "party" system (if you can call it that) in GOW before the patch. Now its like the slap in the face is complimented by a swift kick in the nuts. It hurts man ...... it hurts......

Hb45
01-10-2007, 07:15 PM
First off, I would like to say that I truely enjoy the complimentary maps from Epic and Discovery. I personally have nothing against the current patch; if I want to play a game with my friends, we will always go to the player matches. Most games that are updated usualy have a disgruntled group of gamers that enjoy the game far more before the update than after. Games such as WoW, WC3, SWG ect. all have had a small group of vocal opponents to the patch.

Epic is not a stupid or fledgeling company; they truely know what they are doing and how to do it better than anyone else. As it has been stated before, this is not the only patch. With the amount of outcry to the Host removal, I would not be surprised if they added a team based option of party option, but they are not going to revert the game back to its original state overnight. Instead of simply throwing in the towel on this game, keep posting your views on the current state of the game and be constructive to Epic so that they can fix this patch and enhance the game so it pleases their entire audience and no one is unhappy. Epic does care about their fans as they have proven with the UT series, so just give them time and opinions to fix this update.

the force is strong with this one ......

Visco
01-10-2007, 07:27 PM
There are gonna be more and more posts until EPIC informs gamers of what they have planned in regards to the party gaming if any.
The following ppl because they don't communicate is BS. im not here to babysit.
Quitter's, it happens both in ranked and PvsP....but you don't get booted in Ranked if your whooping some 16 year old punk that happens to be the host.
The thought of having to adapt, and try to get your team motivated each and every new map is absolutely ridiculous. Sure it won't be everytime...but it will be at least half the time. Thats the problem.

well then dont but i dont want to hear people complaing about people who suck. I never said you had to baby sit them i said u have to work with them. there is a difference