PDA

View Full Version : Gears's irony...

CaptainWaffles
12-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Anyone find it ironic that THE ONLY guy wearing a HELMET got **** in the HEAD and died, but everyone without helmets lives...

Anyone find it ironic that the Asian charecter gets kill by a sword?

Feel free to add more. (actually thats what this thread is about, so do it!)

TheBlackPlague
12-24-2006, 09:23 PM
Anyone find it ironic that when you curb stomp somebody's butt, their head explodes?

CrimsonOmen723
12-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Anyone find it ironic that when you curb stomp somebody's butt, their head explodes?

LMFAO. That was funny as hell for some reason.

Motnur
12-24-2006, 09:27 PM
^Well, I could say something, but I fear that I may just get banned for it... :D

Blue Ninja
12-25-2006, 07:20 AM
It's spinetacular.

rudespartan117
12-25-2006, 01:08 PM
How about when you tag a person your arm "Magically" Grows to some 20 feet long and •Boom• goes the person

Blue Ninja
12-26-2006, 02:11 PM
How about when you tag a person your arm "Magically" Grows to some 20 feet long and •Boom• goes the person
They pulled a Space Jam.

Motnur
12-26-2006, 02:33 PM
Isn't it funny how they don't bother to grab Carmine and Kim's COG tags?

Blue Ninja
12-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Isn't it funny how they don't bother to grab Carmine and Kim's COG tags?
Kim was getting skewered by Generel RAAM. I don't think he would've liked Marcus walking up to him, asking "Hey, is it OK if I grab your latest victim's tags?", and then simply walking away...

But the fact they forgot about Carmine is simply unacceptable. Poor mum and dad...

Shadow Dancer
12-26-2006, 08:15 PM
"That's not ironic, that's just coincidental!"
-Bender

General VAX
12-27-2006, 12:03 AM
I find it ironic that in every Gears Of War Trailer there's a Brumak in it and in the final game you don't even get to fight it, just run away from it

Shadow Dancer
12-27-2006, 02:48 AM
The Mad World Trailer doesn't have one...

Blanco
12-27-2006, 03:21 AM
I found it ironic that in the single player part your buddies can take all the damage in the world and not even die. All they do is fall to the ground so you can revive them. Yet when you take a lot of damage you die and cannot have your comrades revive you. But there has to be some challenge so I see why the game is like this.

chrome
12-28-2006, 09:49 PM

Sexual explosions.

legacyofscarface
12-28-2006, 09:53 PM

Cuz the butt is squishy. Maybe all the blood goes from the butt to the head. There would also be no gore in curb stomp to the butt.

rudespartan117
12-28-2006, 09:54 PM
in a warzone game, if you do the "Hump" on the guy when you go back and forth on the guys face or butt, the person who is down dies because you f-cked them so hard

legacyofscarface
12-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Find it ironic in the trailer the corpser seems so badass and in hardcore u can take it down in 1 min.

rudespartan117
12-28-2006, 10:01 PM
even less on insane

Shadow Dancer
12-29-2006, 04:59 AM
Find it ironic in the trailer the corpser seems so badass and in hardcore u can take it down in 1 min.

The one in the trailer doesn't have a giant pit of Imulsion to fall into, plus it's surrounded by dozens of armed Drones. Slightly different circumstances. I wouldn't be surprised to see the next one be much harder. Basicly, if you think about it, you fought it in nearly ideal conditions. The Wretches are really the only downside to that area. Wide open with lots of room to move, easy access to the flanks, and a death pit at the end...

Still, I've seen players baffled by simpler bosses (Guardian and Cyberdemon in Doom3, anyone?)

General VAX
12-29-2006, 01:43 PM
The Mad World Trailer doesn't have one...
Commercial, diffrent, sort of...

Jaggs
12-29-2006, 02:01 PM
But the fact they forgot about Carmine is simply unacceptable. Poor mum and dad...

Yeah.. I loved Carmine. He's my favorite character in GOW. Looked everywhere for the tags, but they weren't there (or Carmine just dropped them somewhere, could be ;) )

The guy getting killed by the berserker in the tomb does have COG tags just next to him.

I think there must be a simulair character to Carmine in the next GOW...

Motnur
12-29-2006, 02:14 PM
Of course. Camrine was a red shirt. They only gave him a name because you start out with him in your squad.

Dividian
12-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Is anyone gonna post the meaning of irony...cuz all of this is unfortunate not Ironic...well or fitting given the whole Star Trek/red shirt thingy

rudespartan117
12-29-2006, 09:17 PM
irony

The use of words to mean something very different from what they appear on the surface to mean. Jonathan Swift uses irony in “A Modest Proposal” when he suggests the eating of babies as a solution to overpopulation and starvation in Ireland.

Shadow Dancer
12-30-2006, 02:15 AM
irony

The use of words to mean something very different from what they appear on the surface to mean. Jonathan Swift uses irony in “A Modest Proposal” when he suggests the eating of babies as a solution to overpopulation and starvation in Ireland.

The scary thing is, there were people trying to pass it into law if I remember right.

"The use of words for something other than their lit-er-al inten-tion. Now that is i-ronyyy!" --Bender, Furturama. :p

Zamamee
12-30-2006, 05:00 AM
i find it ironic that when ur fighting beserkers ur ally usually dom can get hit by a berserker and just fall down while if u get touched u get blown into pieces
this is singleplayer not coop